1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to see a removable rubber cowl in 1/4 scale, Kenner did it in a 4 inch figure 20 yrs ago, the time has come to make it happen in a realistic way

I'd much rather they gave an extra head and kept a cowl with alternate faces. It provides more options that way. If you have one head and a cowl, you only have one way to display it. If you have three faces and the extra head, that's 4 ways to display it. I just think that if I'm spending upwards of $400 on a figure, I'd prefer more options. As for the removable cowl option, the simple fact is that it wouldn't work.

Unless HT applied a new system of rooting the hair on all 1/4 scale stuff, which is highly unlikely, with sculpted hair, one of two things will likely happen: the unmasked head will be undersized to accomodate the cowl, or the cowled head will look oversized due to the accomodation of the sculpted hair. Also, was Bale's TDK/TDKR cowl even rubber?

A removable rubber cowl is just asking for trouble . . .

Every cowled head should be sculpted.

Why don't you go cowl yourself.

In-Before-the-Lock.gif

So will the 1/6 scale version of a character be the exact same as the 1/4 version? Or will they differ in sculpt, accessories etc. What if they are different and a 1/6 collectors finds that they like the 1/4 version better as far as sculpt and detail? What a head ache.

I think it would be the best for the figures to be very close to one another in what they come with that way if a customer chooses the 1/4 one they aren't missing out on something that only the 1/6 comes with.

But HT will likely make them different to try and snag people to buy both versions

Last edited:
The 1/4 version, in theory, will have more detail, better tailoring, and better paint. But the price will probably be double, and the size is going to make exposed joints more annoying than ever.

I've never thought as 1/6 as dolls, but 1/4 posable for me leans more towards a doll than a figure.

I'd much rather they gave an extra head and kept a cowl with alternate faces. It provides more options that way. If you have one head and a cowl, you only have one way to display it. If you have three faces and the extra head, that's 4 ways to display it. I just think that if I'm spending upwards of $400 on a figure, I'd prefer more options. As for the removable cowl option, the simple fact is that it wouldn't work.

Unless HT applied a new system of rooting the hair on all 1/4 scale stuff, which is highly unlikely, with sculpted hair, one of two things will likely happen: the unmasked head will be undersized to accomodate the cowl, or the cowled head will look oversized due to the accomodation of the sculpted hair. Also, was Bale's TDK/TDKR cowl even rubber?

Oh it would gave to be either rooted or matted down sculpted hair, plus the eyes would need to have the black panda makeup, it would be more for realism in the look rather than actual function as a displayable head unmasked

It should come with a 2nd sculpt anyway of a Bruce Wayne with proper sculpted hair

And with the proper r&d and materials, there's every chance to make something like that work IMO

I take your point you'd rather have the changeable faces instead though - but not me, anyway it'll be interesting to see what they come up with

The 1/4 version, in theory, will have more detail, better tailoring, and better paint. But the price will probably be double, and the size is going to make exposed joints more annoying than ever.

I've never thought as 1/6 as dolls, but 1/4 posable for me leans more towards a doll than a figure.

Batman has a rubber suit and Joker has clothes, so you wouldn't see any joints, they should come out looking like poseable pf's.

Oh it would gave to be either rooted or matted down sculpted hair, plus the eyes would need to have the black panda makeup, it would be more for realism in the look rather than actual function as a displayable head unmasked

It should come with a 2nd sculpt anyway of a Bruce Wayne with proper sculpted hair

And with the proper r&d and materials, there's every chance to make something like that work IMO

I take your point you'd rather have the changeable faces instead though - but not me, anyway it'll be interesting to see what they come up with
Even if it did not come off but was manufactured as a separate piece, I think it would look great. A rubber cowl on a plastic headsculpt. So it matches the body material. Would be awesome.

Back