Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone was talking about the Fabok cover about a page back. Mine arrived today and I can’t wait to pair it with this statue.

1F32C308-225A-4C5C-9797-A94978911219.jpg

Yet they release short haired mystique even when the community cries out that they want a long haired less masculine CoH... I'm unconvinced Wolverine was planned to be released leaning.

Regardless it's good to see companies like P1 and others (F4F, etc) take input from the community to adjust their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. Even weirder is the silhouette tease of Mystique had long hair lol.

Thanks for posting! That must be the revised head on the fabric version. It doesn't look as small as the last vid.

This thing is a complete work of art.

I prefer the fabric version lucky i got both on pre order ill cancel the sculpted when its delayed.

I personally prefer the sculpted cape but regardless, they’re both fantastic. Hard to imagine me ever having another Superman.

I have the sculpted on PO and will keep it even though I like the looks of the fabric version a little more. Mine will sit out in the open and will be easier to dust with the sculpted cape, so at least that's my reasoning.

I have the sculpted on PO and will keep it even though I like the looks of the fabric version a little more. Mine will sit out in the open and will be easier to dust with the sculpted cape, so at least that's my reasoning.

My reasoning for preferring the sculpted cape is exactly this.

Question to those who are getting the fabric cape:
-Do you intend to regularly dust it? Isn't that going to feel like a chore in the long run?
-Or are going to put it in a large display case?

-Do you intend to regularly dust it? Isn't that going to feel like a chore in the long run?

Yes I intend to regularly clean it.
No, it won't feel like a chore.

Having a posable cape will allow me to display it differently with each head sculpt. For me it will only need cleaning every other month, so it's no big deal and I like to have occasional interaction with items in my collection anyway.

Yes I intend to regularly clean it.
No, it won't feel like a chore.

Having a posable cape will allow me to display it differently with each head sculpt. For me it will only need cleaning every other month, so it's no big deal and I like to have occasional interaction with items in my collection anyway.
As weird as that weird parts seems. I'm totally the same lol.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dust on a fabric cape is nowhere near as noticeable as dust on a sculpted cape, especially a red cape.
fabric cape is superior.

I concur. My koto 1/6 superman sculpted red cape shows a lot more dust than my ss power girl red fabric cape. And in the 2 years ive had power girl i dusted it no more than 5 times. Granted its in a detolf

dust on a fabric cape is nowhere near as noticeable as dust on a sculpted cape, especially a red cape.
fabric cape is superior.

Dust gets embedded in fabric. Not so with a sculpted cape, which can be easily dusted with no permanent damage.

Dust gets embedded in fabric. Not so with a sculpted cape, which can be easily dusted with no permanent damage.

I'm with you on this. Unless it's a leather type cape, I'm always concerned that in the process of dusting the fabric material cape that over time I'll damage it. Perfect example is the original Superman and Batman costumes. When I received both brand new, the costumes had very tiny 'gaps/damage' probably caused by slight nicks etc. and over time dusting made them a bit larger until I put them in Besta cabinets behind glass doors of which I sealed with foam tape at the gaps around the doors and I've sealed all the joins between the wood pieces with normal tape as well to further restrict entry of dust.

I concur. My koto 1/6 superman sculpted red cape shows a lot more dust than my ss power girl red fabric cape. And in the 2 years ive had power girl i dusted it no more than 5 times. Granted its in a detolf

I agree that sculpted capes do make the dust more obvious to the eyes, but given that the body of the statue itself is sculpted anyway, it'll show almost as easily. Maybe not as much because if the open flatter areas of the cape, but dusting or wiping with a duster/cloth is quick and easy on sculpted capes with much less risk of damage then compared to fabric capes.

fabric cape is superior.

As above. My house unfortunately has always had a problem with dust, so no matter what I have to dust quite frequently. Once a month usually for my pieces out in the open, but honestly I can see a layer of dust in just a single week.

I'm with you on this. Unless it's a leather type cape, I'm always concerned that in the process of dusting the fabric material cape that over time I'll damage it. Perfect example is the original Superman and Batman costumes. When I received both brand new, the costumes had very tiny 'gaps/damage' probably caused by slight nicks etc. and over time dusting made them a bit larger until I put them in Besta cabinets behind glass doors of which I sealed with foam tape at the gaps around the doors and I've sealed all the joins between the wood pieces with normal tape as well to further restrict entry of dust.

I agree that sculpted capes do make the dust more obvious to the eyes, but given that the body of the statue itself is sculpted anyway, it'll show almost as easily. Maybe not as much because if the open flatter areas of the cape, but dusting or wiping with a duster/cloth is quick and easy on sculpted capes with much less risk of damage then compared to fabric capes.

As above. My house unfortunately has always had a problem with dust, so no matter what I have to dust quite frequently. Once a month usually for my pieces out in the open, but honestly I can see a layer of dust in just a single week.

How about your pieces behind glass? Every how long do they need dusting?

How about your pieces behind glass? Every how long do they need dusting?

They don't. As I've said I've pretty much sealed every possible gap.

Dust only really gets in when I open the doors to change something. Which rarely happens. I periodically do a dust check with my finger but there's usually no point.

But remember as mentioned I've used various methods to seal the gaps, so it's not just a Glassvik door on the Bestas. This wouldn't work if I used the old Tomba? doors.

First I've sealed the gaps between the wood panels that form the frame using tape, so no dust gets in through the sides or the back.

Then I've used two different forms of foam tape to seal the gaps between the door and the frame. This is very time consuming to get right. Takes about twice as long as it did to put the furniture together in the first place as the foam changes the alignment of the doors because of the tightness of the fit caused by the foam tape, which itself makes it necessary to adjust the foam tape on the back side of the glass.

One thin foam tape along the hinge side of the door, so that when the door is closed the foam tape compresses and seals the gap on that side, and then thick foam tape strips between the frame and the door at multiple locations on the back side of the Glassvik door, as well as on the sides of the Glassvik doors between adjacent Besta cabinets to further seal and compress the foam tape at the gaps (doesn't really work on single cabinets). And then on the top I sometimes use an overlap that hangs over a bit over the top door.

They don't. As I've said I've pretty much sealed every possible gap.

Dust only really gets in when I open the doors to change something. Which rarely happens. I periodically do a dust check with my finger but there's usually no point.

But remember as mentioned I've used various methods to seal the gaps, so it's not just a Glassvik door on the Bestas. This wouldn't work if I used the old Tomba? doors.

First I've sealed the gaps between the wood panels that form the frame using tape, so no dust gets in through the sides or the back.

Then I've used two different forms of foam tape to seal the gaps between the door and the frame. This is very time consuming to get right. Takes about twice as long as it did to put the furniture together in the first place as the foam changes the alignment of the doors because of the tightness of the fit caused by the foam tape, which itself makes it necessary to adjust the foam tape on the back side of the glass.

One thin foam tape along the hinge side of the door, so that when the door is closed the foam tape compresses and seals the gap on that side, and then thick foam tape strips between the frame and the door at multiple locations on the back side of the Glassvik door, as well as on the sides of the Glassvik doors between adjacent Besta cabinets to further seal and compress the foam tape at the gaps (doesn't really work on single cabinets). And then on the top I sometimes use an overlap that hangs over a bit over the top door.

Can you post some photos? Curious to see the setup w/ the seals as I got some a long while ago but never had the time to install them since I haven't gotten my shelves setup in final alignment yet.

Back