Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that cover exclusive to the US? I've not seen it anywhere for sale in the UK and I have a bunch on pre-order due for release here on the 18th.

Only that seller has that cover for sale no one else will have it its an exclusive to yesteryear comics.

Only that seller has that cover for sale no one else will have it its an exclusive to yesteryear comics.

Damn, will cost quite a lot to get it here but such a gorgeous cover. :gah:

I wonder how many covers in total, seems to be loads out there.

Damn, will cost quite a lot to get it here but such a gorgeous cover. :gah:

I wonder how many covers in total, seems to be loads out there.

Roughly 8-10 i believe.

It's a perfect compliment for this statue and a great cover also.

Roughly 8-10 i believe.

It's a perfect compliment for this statue and a great cover also.

It really is. I can swallow the £17 it comes to on eBay but £16 postage :horror I know it's a long way to travel but that's steep.

Hi, I'm interested in the Fabric Cape version, i live in Italy so i cannot buy outside EU zone (don't want to pay tons of Tax), so there is some EU users here who can help me figure out where i can Pre-Order this? (feel free to PM me)

Looking at the images (prototype) does look like the head size is small and not very well proportionated to the body, i know that (form previous pages of discussion) they are fixing this issues but i cannot find an official statement about that, could someone link me or paste official quotes?

And, considering a limited budget (1200€) , do you think I have to go buy this one (and having only this one statue for the rest of my life, i don't have space and money to grow up a collection of this size), or invest into 2 or 3 pieces 1/4 Premium Format like the new Supes/WW and maybe grow that collection line over some time? In the end, Do You prefer to have a nice display with different figures or just one massive and imposing one (like this)? I can't decide now

Hi, I'm interested in the Fabric Cape version, i live in Italy so i cannot buy outside EU zone (don't want to pay tons of Tax), so there is some EU users here who can help me figure out where i can Pre-Order this? (feel free to PM me)

Looking at the images (prototype) does look like the head size is small and not very well proportionated to the body, i know that (form previous pages of discussion) they are fixing this issues but i cannot find an official statement about that, could someone link me or paste official quotes?

And, considering a limited budget (1200€) , do you think I have to go buy this one (and having only this one statue for the rest of my life, i don't have space and money to grow up a collection of this size), or invest into 2 or 3 pieces 1/4 Premium Format like the new Supes/WW and maybe grow that collection line over some time? In the end, Do You prefer to have a nice display with different figures or just one massive and imposing one (like this)? I can't decide now

After a few years of collecting, I say you should go for quality over quantity. And though larger scales are not necessarily representative of increased quality, it most likely is in this case.

But please note that most here have never been able to keep to one and done rules. Once you buy one, no matter the scale, you're in for life!

But please note that most here have never been able to keep to one and done rules. Once you buy one, no matter the scale, you're in for life!

b449e962be62f76811207b8e91bd45be91e5de8d_hq.gif

Ok ok guys i got that, Pre-Ordered! Now lets wait 1 1/2 year, sigh

Also note that due to the long production timeframes many who preorder their first piece aren't able to wait to get their first piece, and often order an additional different piece that they like which is in stock right now to fill that 'need'. :wink1:

Why are their production times so long? Its kinda crazy. Do they need more factories to produce their statues? whats the hold up? Quality control?

If you have to wait so long to get a product half the excitement is gone because its already old news by the time starts to ship. Other companies have already shown off new statues by then and its just less exciting.

If you have to wait so long to get a product half the excitement is gone because its already old news by the time starts to ship. Other companies have already shown off new statues by then and its just less exciting.

Sometimes.

But for me it's often the case that a month after I preorder a product, I pretty much forget about it. And it isn't until it's about to ship that the same excitement begins where it left off.

However it does occur that because another collectible has come out for preorder in the meanwhile there's a chance that I may cancel a preorder. But that's the same as with any companies products, including Hot Toys etc which even though they have a quicker turnaround, something else may top it, even though the wait is longer.

Usually good things come to those who wait.......

Since its a comic book piece and very expensive I have no issue waiting. Gives me plenty of time to pay it off gradually and hopefully be part of my collection for decades. If its a current movie piece that doesn't release for two years after said movie then yeah I can see why some of the hype would have worn off(any Affleck statue if there is a new dude playing Batman for example). I really don't see that being the case with this piece though.

I've seen the opposite sentiment where collectors (including myself) want to know about all upcoming releases as soon as possible as this helps to determine which pieces we want (or better yet, what we can afford). This definitely was something that peaked when P1 started releasing the Batman Arkham line with so many variations of Batman (Frank Miller, Noel, multiple variations within the game versions, etc.) I know it will never happen but if P1 could show all the different Superman statues they planned to release in the next 10 years I would at least know what to throw my money at and whether to wait or not.

Shioktoys booth from the in toys anime convention 2018 over the weekend.Nice shot.

Attachments

• in toys anime convention 2018.jpg
    in toys anime convention 2018.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 76
Back