1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another "stay tuned" post:

106494006_1630688263766146_6120685343291178482_o.jpg

I assume the hive stuff on the left is Photoshopped, not part of the actual base. Guess we'll see.

Their acid burns are so much better than the cartoon like Prime 1 Warriors that it's not even comparable. Lets hope that CP can actually replicate it on production pieces.

Side note, that image you posted doesn't even hint at existing on Firefox, just your text. I almost posted the same thing, but wondered why you looked to be describing something you hadn't posted, checked on chrome and sure enough your image is showing up just fine. Weird...

Their acid burns are so much better than the cartoon like Prime 1 Warriors that it's not even comparable. Lets hope that CP can actually replicate it on production pieces.

Side note, that image you posted doesn't even hint at existing on Firefox, just your text. I almost posted the same thing, but wondered why you looked to be describing something you hadn't posted, checked on chrome and sure enough your image is showing up just fine. Weird...

That's strange. I've had that problem on Firefox even with my own posts, but not with this one.

That's strange. I've had that problem on Firefox even with my own posts, but not with this one.

How strange, at least I'm not alone. Firefox can be funny at times, I've tried to fix broken image links with no luck. I wonder now how many images I've missed on here without even knowing about it...

IMG_20200707_075649.jpg

I think cp may have used the big chap tubes on the back of their warrior. The big chap tubes were lower and shorter. In Aliens they had little backpacks that held the tubes higher on the sides of the head/shoulders versus the mid upper back. Looking at reference shots you can see that. But in other shots of the warrior suit it doesn look off but only when there is no one in the suit. I think when a person was wearing the suit the straps pulled the tubes all the way up. You can see it clearly in the scene with Vasquez in the tunnel.

They may be combining the puppet and suit details into a single design, much like NECA and Prime 1. I haven't seen anyone make a hard commitment to a single version since the kits of the '80s and '90s, and even then, those were hardly accurate.

I’m really digging the CoolProps base way more than the Prime 1 at this moment...

We shall see, depending on the CoolProps price. But don’t like the humongous P1 base. Not only is it a space killer...but it’s way too damn busy, like the Sideshow Alien Queen diorama. I like the more spartan look of the CoolProps...plus it’s more streamlined, I mean, it’s huge too, especially girth wise, but doesn’t look 30x30 like the P1, more like 30x20...the acid burnt hole is way superior too.

Yes the burn is but the sculpt isn't accurate, details are missing and it seems like it is not going to go with the dog if it is much different

The CoolProps Warrior is a Beesub interpretation...and I’m a fan of his.

Not looking for super accuracy, just want a cool 1/3 Warrior that meets my space needs.

My only concern is the final paint app...as Beesub is a sculptor but not a painter. Yes, I’m fully aware of CoolProps past weak paint apps. The worst ones ever are their life-size Warrior head busts, both the brown and blue ones are horrible. The Giger maquette was just flat black, but didn’t mind as much, as it still looked nice. But they have been improving over each item...and their last one, the full-size Covenant Head...that one is by far the best CoolProps paint app ever.

So I’m hopeful they do the 1/3 Warrior Justice. Customers demand that nowadays, and CoolProps knows it.

I'll believe it when I see an in hand piece. Because all their prototypes looks so different than what people get. Where as p1 it looks pretty much the same.

And that?s why I?m waiting for its official release to finalize my selection...CoolProps or Prime 1...

Both companies worked on and sold the Dog through their respective sites, so either Warrior will need to work as a companion piece. It's pretty clear they're trying to compete in that arena, hence the alternate heads, busts, and diorama bases. They're also [supposedly] the same size, but CP can actually label theirs as 1/3 since they hold the license -- not that this is a point against P1, I think both statues will scale nicely enough.

On display compatibility, it really depends on personal preference. What I like about the Dog base is that even though it features movie references like the candles and part of a wind tunnel opening, it doesn't draw attention from the creature. Similarly, the CP retains the majority of its silhouette while still feeling like a diorama with movie references (albeit one as thick as a sub sandwich).

Here's a crummy mockup I made to compare how the Warriors might look next to the pooch. Scale isn't precise, this is more to just compare the overall look and feel of each piece. Neither looks too out of place aesthetically. If P1's didn't have the hive and egg, it would have about as much empty space as the CP, so it comes down to whether you like how they've filled out that space. I will say it would be nice if CP reduced the thickness of their base and brought the water level closer to the floor.

p1-cp-neg-Comp.png

From what we've seen on Beesub's page, the CP Warrior bust also seems to be more in line with the Dog bust; they chopped it off mid-torso with a slimmer piece connecting it to the base. P1's bust is basically a full torso without arms emerging from the base and thus will stand a few inches taller than the Dog's. Not an important component for most people, but I'm a bust fan so I noticed it.

You know, if they just made the darn announcement we'd have much more exciting things to talk about.

Both companies worked on and sold the Dog through their respective sites, so either Warrior will need to work as a companion piece. It's pretty clear they're trying to compete in that arena, hence the alternate heads, busts, and diorama bases. They're also [supposedly] the same size, but CP can actually label theirs as 1/3 since they hold the license -- not that this is a point against P1, I think both statues will scale nicely enough.

On display compatibility, it really depends on personal preference. What I like about the Dog base is that even though it features movie references like the candles and part of a wind tunnel opening, it doesn't draw attention from the creature. Similarly, the CP retains the majority of its silhouette while still feeling like a diorama with movie references (albeit one as thick as a sub sandwich).

Here's a crummy mockup I made to compare how the Warriors might look next to the pooch. Scale isn't precise, this is more to just compare the overall look and feel of each piece. Neither looks too out of place aesthetically. If P1's didn't have the hive and egg, it would have about as much empty space as the CP, so it comes down to whether you like how they've filled out that space. I will say it would be nice if CP reduced the thickness of their base and brought the water level closer to the floor.

p1-cp-neg-Comp.png

From what we've seen on Beesub's page, the CP Warrior bust also seems to be more in line with the Dog bust; they chopped it off mid-torso with a slimmer piece connecting it to the base. P1's bust is basically a full torso without arms emerging from the base and thus will stand a few inches taller than the Dog's. Not an important component for most people, but I'm a bust fan so I noticed it.

You know, if they just made the darn announcement we'd have much more exciting things to talk about.

Man, thanks for the group photo...you did great...and yes...looks like either Warrior matches up well with the Dog.

Another thing I didn?t noticed until you mentioned it, the busts, yeah, looks like CoolProps is trying to make a good Dog companion.

Come on, CoolProps, list the damn thing on Sideshow already! I want to see the final paint app...

The way I think about it. Cp had nothing to do with the dog except for the laser copy of the dog rod puppet. Then p1 came in and did the base side stand and redid the entire sculpt because it lacked all details. What cp did was they printed the scan and showered it with solver to get the print steps smooth. That is why their statues look so smooth and the detail isn't there. So when it comes to accuracy and how the 3 dog/chap/warrior are going to match up. It is quite clear who made the dog chap and now warrior. Tbh the warrior is cp's first actual alien sculpt. I'll attach what the dog looked like before p1.
When it comes to investing and paying off one of these statues. I have far far more faith in the execution of p1. Simply because of their sculpter and also the paint apps. The paint at p1 is a guarantee. Plus people have been pointing out cp's warrior inaccuracy the thickness of the base isnt consistent with the dog and the tubes on the back are way too low and short. People will have to take all of this into account. XjN3uYf.jpg

I own the CoolProps Giger maquette...and it’s super detailed (and I friggin love it). The paint app is pedestrian though, I admit that much...but then again, it’s based on the faded display suit at the Giger Museum.

BTW, I also own the Dog Alien, which is so boss...

Anyway, which ones you have?

I have the dog. I will have the p1 chap znd warrior. And that will be it for my display. Unless they come out with a queen bust.
As far as the cp chap. I actually can't believe people didn't lose their minds when looking at the paint and the lack of details. Just a side by side of the p1 chap face and cp chap face is kinda comical. The reason the dog was such a success is because someone went back in and finished the details AFTER the laser scan. The cp chap needed that but they didn't do it. They just scanned printed and sent out with almost no paint. I still get blown away when people think it is amazing. To me it looks unfinished and requires a second party person to come in and make details come out that aren't there.

Like okay. The first image is their prototype and what they posted on sideshow etc. The next image is what people got and the last is the p1 chap. (Which from what they have proven will be almost exactly what you get)
I have such a hard time understanding the praise cp gets. It's like taking crazy pills lol
IMG_20200708_092940.jpg

Sorry but you are showing pics with wrong description. The Dog Alien you attached in 1st post was absolutely not the final product just waiting to be painted. It was just the raw scan printed for the event just to show what was coming next. Saying this would have been the final, is not right.
About the Big chap pictures. 1st one is their first "shiny" version, displayed at SDCC when they first revealed it. Then they made another version, without any glossy/shiny effect and another paint, to replicate what was at the museum. We can discuss the choice but saying first pic is the prototype then 2nd pic is what people received is just false. Also, I saw better pictures of the final product than this one, for this CP big chap... :wink1:

Back