1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it's just me but I think the pose suits the creature regardless of the fact that it's based on the museum piece. The original Alien always looked creepier static and stiff and it gave it that more human feel than any of the the other aliens ever had. Right from aliens that changed but once we ended up with AVP they may aswell have been dinosaurs then.

This pose reminds me of that horrific and frightening creature that makes the first movie what it is. Maybe that's just me though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's just me but I think the pose suits the creature regardless of the fact that it's based on the museum piece. The original Alien always looked creepier static and stiff and it gave it that more human feel than any of the the other aliens ever had. Right from aliens that changed but once we ended up with AVP they may aswell have been dinosaurs then.

This pose reminds me of that horrific and frightening creature that makes the first movie what it is. Maybe that's just me though.

Absolutely! The original Giger Alien was defined by a sense of stillness: it didn't chase, or plod, or run like other Hollywood creatures. It carefully unfolded itself into immediate space, with a delicate economy of movement and coiled control. Not for nothing did Bolaji take mime and Tai chi classes (the full results of which can only really be seen in pre-production and camera test footage).

Indeed, the few 'jump scares' in Alien result from either sharp editing or the Alien barely moving its hands or arm. I'd argue that most audiences misinterpret these sequences as dynamic action, but the creature itself is almost static.

. . . The original Giger Alien was defined by a sense of stillness: it didn't chase, or plod, or run like other Hollywood creatures. It carefully unfolded itself into immediate space, with a delicate economy of movement and coiled control . . . Indeed, the few 'jump scares' in Alien result from either sharp editing or the Alien barely moving its hands or arm. I'd argue that most audiences misinterpret these sequences as dynamic action, but the creature itself is almost static.

Congratulations on probably the most accurate & expressive short description of the creature I think I've ever read :clap :clap :clap

Wow, it’s waitlisted. Either Burtial created a run on them or it’s fake AF.

I predict Sideshow is faking us out. They see the Mamegyorai shipping 1st quarter of 19’ and Prime 1’s on the horizon. They’re trying to cause panic and a rush on them no doubt.

The head was wait listed before and is back at low stock. Probably just the current batch sold through.

Sideshow don't really need to fake this one, it isn't their product. We don't know how few they got. I can't afford one ATM, but I've jumped on the wait list just in case I can make it happen. I wait listed the Iron Studios Vader as soon as it went to WL and it was finally cancelled by Sideshow this week, so assuming it is a fake out can be risky if you really want something. I may even cancel the Prime 1 Dog which I've mostly paid for and re-order that down the line if I can. The Big chap is my main love anyway and CP have done a good job of it here. If I do get this however, it will be the nail in the coffin of my Mamegyorai dream as I can't afford both frankly.

They must not have received that many of the 1000 made. Usually we would see a lot more owner pics in a thread, but there is only a couple, which is confusing.

They must not have received that many of the 1000 made. Usually we would see a lot more owner pics in a thread, but there is only a couple, which is confusing.

I agree. I would expect to see more pics/ videos before it went to waitlist.

If you think about it, how many people post anything. I've only seen a few people post their 1:1 heads or anything for that matter. Not a lot of people post their stuff online.

yea, but the head has been available for months since coming out. This just came out and there aren't a lot of reviews on it yet.

There are quite a few more in hand pics, but they are all from Chinese collectors. I can uplpad them once I have some time.
And I think they can not access to Youtube, that's why there is no video review at all, maybe only on their domestic website.

Let me preface my post by saying that I worked 14 hours today so I didn't have time to take high quality photos like I normally do. These are strictly dark, ****** phone photos.

I received mine today. It is amazing and massive. I used the Sideshow Court of the Dead Apple Skull for a size reference.
IMHO, this is the be all, end all, Alien collectible/piece of art. I collect H.R. Giger art/Sculptures, so having a replica of what's at his museum is one of my personal (un)holy grails.

The statue is 40 lbs and great quality. The case it sits in is just icing on the cake. Did I say this thing is massive?!? I have the Sideshow OG Alien Big Chap and now I'm thinking of selling it. Why do I need it with this thing sitting next to me? Amazing, solid, and impressive. I have no regrets and it feels like it's worth every penny spent on it. If anyone is on the fence, like I was, I'd definitely go for it, ASAP.

Again, I'm posting **** photos due to lack of time, but you'll see the size comparison and a bit of my Giger stuff. The statue is in a temporary position due to being in the process of buying a new house.

20181221_190440.jpg

20181221_192246.jpg

20181221_191011.jpg

Last edited:
Back