1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone that has come over to see this was blown away! I love it, I may even customize it but will see their truly isn't anything I thought needed much work, sculpt is great paint was clean I may do some changes but it looks damn good. This will sell out, as it is in low stock.

Yes it will and this will most likely cost double in a year's time.

Yeah, I just got the 1/2 scale non-armored Batfleck a couple weeks ago and I'm blown away by the paint(as well as everything else) on it. The skin tone is perfect, the mixture of black and gray in the stubble...it really is an amazing piece.

Not surprized, going by pics and videos, it sure looks like an amazing piece and very life-like and Proto perfect. That's why I was so initially disappointed with their Prime Joker because it is far from proto perfect as far as the makeup application on the sculpt goes. Nevertheless, it's much easier to achieve a more realistic look when you only need to just paint a small area of the face like the mouth piece then to paint a whole sculpt.

To be perfectly honest I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to the Joker's paint applications. This is my 1:1 Joker and while I know P1 can't replicate the look of a custom piece like this I still think they could have done a better job.

20141225_124815.jpg

Your preaching to the chior here man, in all fairness though, the paint job on your Bobby sculpt is based on the mob scene, whereas Primes is based on the party crash scene, and thus, the makeup look is not going to look the same. However, I think most would agree with you they could have done a better job, but the reason I believe for the simple neat look was consisdency for each piece. Personally I would rather they had not worried about the accuracy and consisdency where each streak needed to go and just have some pieces painted slightly different than others, whilst still retaining paint quality.

Thanks matturibe1. I totally agree about this piece. In person, this thing is just incredible. Now is it 100% perfect? Nothing is. I can take virtually any single one of my dozens and dozens of statues, figures, and busts, and find something to nitpick. For me, there is nothing about this statue that I can be more critical of than any of my favorite pieces in my collection. IMO, it is without a doubt the best representation of Heath Ledger as The Joker in the Dark Knight that we have seen from any statue or figure company, and is up there with some of the best customs I've seen (and I own a Bobby C Silicone Joker bust). The tailoring and likeness are simply fantastic. I'm also personally a fan of the facial expression they went with and think it is menacing and quite fitting to Heath's portrayal of the character.

Well for me it wasn't about perfection, it was about Prime giving us something completely different than what they showed on their proto because I thought the paint job on Primes products were suppose to be equal to their protos. However, I have now come to realize that my expectations were too high, there was no way for the price this was going to look anything like the proto. Thus, I think the paint job on this is what you would expect on a statue that is this large and only 2K.

From a paint perspective, as a figure and bust painter myself, I don't see too much wrong with it. It is a bit on the cleaner side when it comes to Heath Ledger's Joker, but whether that bothers somebody is more of a personal preference than a reflection of the accuracy of the paint job. Could a custom repaint make it even better? Absolutely! But though I may decide to repaint the head at some point, I don't really feel a need to on this one like I have with several other pieces I own.

Here's an onslaught of pics:

37059743236_b878032aa8_b.jpg

36412278484_4989ab132b_b.jpg

37059744666_438bdc617a_b.jpg

36412275994_4bb788485d_b.jpg

37059740996_0369dce9aa_b.jpg

37059738126_4505f57917_b.jpg

37059735706_fbd5a7829f_b.jpg

37107361711_55d71eeb4e_b.jpg

36435735913_122b410f66_b.jpg

37107359361_44b80a90d4_b.jpg

37107360231_d1274bc0e4_b.jpg

37059736846_2f8d36d63d_b.jpg

37059739386_0cf29100f7_b.jpg

37107358491_a0bd5550a2_b.jpg

37107364221_d7c1b6d73f_b.jpg

36435736783_61a0facb87_b.jpg

36412279564_66b832e001_b.jpg

36435734453_8de636d73a_b.jpg

37107362831_a1582bc0b6_b.jpg

36412276614_2464b3caac_b.jpg

37059741786_0712da0f21_b.jpg

36412277304_be6b18bc53_b.jpg

Great pics mattman, despite my criticisms of the make up application around the eye and forehead area, I have always said that the way the grey/flesh tone skin texture shows through the white make overall gives the sculpt such a realistic look.

Oh yes and congratulations on getting the best mass produced Ledger Joker. :rock

Last edited:
Damn impressive. As an owner of the P1 1/2 Batman, I know how tough it is for pics to capture the nature of the translucent resin they use.

While the paint app may be not as finely detailed as could be, I'll bet it more than makes makes up for it in the realism department.

Congrats on a mighty fine statue. :clap :clap :clap

there's never been a 1:2 piece from anyone that has doubled in value. Won't happen here. A 1,000 ES is huge for a 2k piece. It will sell out, but not before Batman.

I'll remember you said both these things. Pretty sure this will be worth quite a bit in the future. Second how do you know it won't sell out before batman. A thousand is not a huge edition size, yes it is big, but I bet you eat both your words in future! First, you are already wrong about saying a half scale didn't double in value. Darth maul is pretty pricey if sold. Wolf predator is another that doubled in value. Anyways, no point arguing because your making assumptions!

there's never been a 1:2 piece from anyone that has doubled in value.

There was also never a 1/6th head that people would pay thousands for until Adam's Joker heads. The fact that this is a Ledger Joker sculpted by Adam is why I think it may double in price. If it was any other collectible I would say no way, but the fact that people pay up to 8K for his 1/6th heads is why I think this go up in value dramictically. However, maybe for statues it won't increase in value that much since it's already a few thousand. :dunno

Won't happen here. A 1,000 ES is huge for a 2k piece. It will sell out, but not before Batman.

Most likely not, but I do think it will sell out rather quickly.

Last edited:
Just finished putting mine together. I am seriously BLOWN AWAY. Pics soon.

I told you bud. Glad your happy like the ones that bought this. Enjoy it man it will be the grail in your collection for years to come. Everytime I look at it, makes me sad Heath past on!!

I told you bud. Glad your happy like the ones that bought this. Enjoy it man it will be the grail in your collection for years to come. Everytime I look at it, makes me sad Heath past on!!

No doubt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are on the fence on this guy, I would recommend picking him up before he sells out. For sure, this is the best 1/2 scale statue in my collection. Additionally, even though the cost is 2k, this is the best Ledger representation for the money. The sculpt is insane, and the clothes are incredibly tailored. If I were to purchase an Adam sculpt and Kato clothes in 1/6th, it would cost more. The clothing on Sideshow's Darth Maul and Dr. Doom 1/2 scale statues are thick and not tailored with the same care. Additionally the paint is not comparable. I am so glad I kept my order. I might have to get WW, but 1/2 scale is so big . I have a 400 square foot display room, and I am running out of space.

If you are on the fence on this guy, I would recommend picking him up before he sells out. For sure, this is the best 1/2 scale statue in my collection. Additionally, even though the cost is 2k, this is the best Ledger representation for the money. The sculpt is insane, and the clothes are incredibly tailored.

Well I never thought I would cave but once you get over "its not as good as the prototype" you begin to appreciate the pros this statue has. I still don't like the make up application on the forehead and eye area but I really love the realistic look of the grey/flesh tones showing through the white make up paint on the sculpt. From what I have seen in pics this just looks so realistic, I can't pass it up.

If I were to purchase an Adam sculpt and Kato clothes in 1/6th, it would cost more.

Yes it would, and it would neither have the presence this statue has, it would just look like some 12 inch doll sitting on a shelf. It still blows my mind people pay thousands for something with no presence whatsoever.

The clothing on Sideshow's Darth Maul and Dr. Doom 1/2 scale statues are thick and not tailored with the same care. Additionally the paint is not comparable. I am so glad I kept my order. I might have to get WW, but 1/2 scale is so big . I have a 400 square foot display room, and I am running out of space.

Yes it is, I am pretty sure this will be the only 1/2 scale piece I will get, but I would love to get WW to, not going to happen though.

Last edited:
Well I never thought I would cave but once you get over "its not as good as the prototype" you begin to appreciate the pros this statue has. I still don't like the make up application on the forehead and eye area but I really love the realistic look of the grey/flesh tones showing through the white make up paint on the sculpt. From what I have seen in pics this just looks so realistic, I can't pass it up.

Lol, kinda figured you would cave in. I huge chunk of our conversations is Ledger joker sculpts.
I caved on P1 batfleck. Gonna box a lot of figures today to sell to help fund that beast.

I think you made a good decision. When you look at the overall picture, this is an impressive figure, and although the price is steep, it's actually a bargain for what you are getting.

Yes it would, and it would neither have the presence this statue has, it would just look like some 12 inch doll sitting on a shelf. It still blows my mind people pay thousands for something with no presence whatsoever.

Yes it is, I am pretty sure this will be the only 1/2 scale piece I will get, but I would love to get WW to, not going to happen though.

As I said before, while the price is high, you really get a lot. The clothing alone should've made this piece more expensive than the 1:2 BvS figures. There's more accessories and display options. Bang for your buck. Best mass produced and licensed piece out there. You've made a great decision.

Congratulations Mattman! Looks great!
I agree with your sentiment, with Heath Joker sculpts scrutinized at the most minute detail, you have to look at the whole picture here.
Considering that that's an Adam sculpt, with Kato's help in tailoring, 1/2 scale and made by Prime1,
$2k for this is actually a great price.
If I would have had the $$$, I would definitely would have loved to add this to my collection.

Congratulations with your Heath Joker man!

Great pics mattman, despite my criticisms of the make up application around the eye and forehead area, I have always said that the way the grey/flesh tone skin texture shows through the white make overall gives the sculpt such a realistic look.

Oh yes and congratulations on getting the best mass produced Ledger Joker. :rock

Mattman6886 Your awesome pics are really tempting me to pick this up!

Damn impressive. As an owner of the P1 1/2 Batman, I know how tough it is for pics to capture the nature of the translucent resin they use.

While the paint app may be not as finely detailed as could be, I'll bet it more than makes makes up for it in the realism department.

Congrats on a mighty fine statue. :clap :clap :clap

Thanks for the kind words guys! It's really hard for me to imagine someone regretting purchasing this one.

Agreed. The amount people pay for 1/6 when they could get something with the presence and quality of this statue for less money is definitely mind boggling.

Here's a quick shot for size reference with my 1/4 Enterbay Terminator. A 1/6 figure would look even less impressive by comparison.

37117113051_e8ec54d64f_b.jpg

Lol, kinda figured you would cave in. I huge chunk of our conversations is Ledger joker sculpts.

Ah Fernando, you know me better than I know myself. :eek:

I caved on P1 batfleck. Gonna box a lot of figures today to sell to help fund that beast.

That's great man, do you know where you are going to put it yet? :lol

I think you made a good decision. When you look at the overall picture, this is an impressive figure, and although the price is steep, it's actually a bargain for what you are getting.

Yeah it just bothered me that it wasn't as good as the proto but as long as it actually looks realistic is all I care about now.

As I said before, while the price is high, you really get a lot. The clothing alone should've made this piece more expensive than the 1:2 BvS figures. There's more accessories and display options. Bang for your buck.

You sure do, really not sure why they didn't do that for the other 1/2 scales, guess they thought it was a must for the Joker.

Best mass produced and licensed piece out there. You've made a great decision.

Thanks man, and yes it is the best mass produced Ledger Joker licensed one out there as it's the only one that really captures Heath.

Agreed. The amount people pay for 1/6 when they could get something with the presence and quality of this statue for less money is definitely mind boggling.

Yeah I will never understand it, if I am going to pay thousands for a collectible, I want to see it as soon as I walk in a room, this is what 1/6th figures lack.

Here's a quick shot for size reference with my 1/4 Enterbay Terminator. A 1/6 figure would look even less impressive by comparison.

37117113051_e8ec54d64f_b.jpg

Totally dwarfs the EB BD Terminator, but that thing is still a beast and yes a 1/6th figure would look like a tiny kids toy in comparison to this.

Last edited:
Wait, people have paid up to $8k for one of Adam's 1/6 scale Joker heads? Are there any pics of these heads because I'd really like to see what they got for that kind of money. I have less than that in my entire 1:1 Joker statue so my mind is completely blown that people would pay that much for a toy head. :cuckoo:

Back