1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its easily his worst Heath sculpt that I've seen. In this scale, that should not be the case, but maybe that's how Prime asked him to sculpt it, who knows.

its easily his worst Heath sculpt that I've seen. In this scale, that should not be the case, but maybe that's how Prime asked him to sculpt it, who knows.

Yea, but Adam's worst heath sculpt is better than everyone else's best heath sculpt. Its too bad his work gets valued like an Uber IPO. Can you imagine if he made scupts for Hot Toys, and we could buy his work for under $300. Hot damn, collecting would grow to a whole new level.

Yea, but Adam's worst heath sculpt is better than everyone else's best heath sculpt. Its too bad his work gets valued like an Uber IPO. Can you imagine if he made scupts for Hot Toys, and we could buy his work for under $300. Hot damn, collecting would grow to a whole new level.

Hmmm im not so sure about that.

He is a super talented guy and I like this but Its not screaming buy me. The eyes are off. Left eye needs to shift over to the left some more and they are to high under the eye lid. High being the operative word. If i did get this, id have to add some routed hair like Adam often part did with his sculpts.
Im sure the final piece will be awesome tho.

happy with the original pose and thought they just needed to adjust the bend a little. Hopefully Prime leaves the funny looking Joker poses to Sideshow

They don't need to bend it just a little, the pose looks unnatural like Shoo said. It's weird, it's like he is leaning forward but instead of being hunched over he is up right, like a smooth criminal pose but from the waist up.

I have been pretty impressed with all the Prime 1 protos and final figures and I think at the moment, they are the best...even better than Hot toys, sideshow, etc.
I'm made a comment in another thread that their stuff looks more like smaller scale Madam Tussaud's figures.
But I have to say, its weird that I think the weakest out of all the stuff they've shown is this Heath Joker. Specially since Adam scupted this. So for me personally, this should have been the best thing I've seen out of all their stuff.

Really? I thought this was their first Human figure? :dunno

Their TFs sure do look like they came right out of the movie though.

The problem is that in every pic, the expression looks like Heath's bored.
I think Adam's best sculpts are the neutral one, just like the one posted by Darkavatar, but the problem I see...at least for me personally...is that it doesnt look neutral, it looks bored.

Agreed, I don't think I have ever seen such a blank expression before.

It's not the worst sculpt as far as likeness goes, it's perhaps one of the best, the trouble is such a life-less sculpt because of the expression or lack of one, I should say.

It's not the worst sculpt as far as likeness goes, it's perhaps one of the best, the trouble is such a life-less sculpt because of the expression or lack of one, I should say.

No, they've shown proto of Batman in Arkham Knight, Batman Noel, Deathstroke has an unmasked face, Batgirl, Bane, and a few others including this Batman v Superman teaser.

What I'm basically saying is that everything they have shown so far looks like it came out of the screen, like their transformers and Ninja Turtles, and Arkham Knight.
So, with Adam Sculpting this, this would have been the favorite out of the bunch, and for me personally, its the weakest out of all the protos they've shown cause of that "bored" expression.

couldn't disagree more. Howard S and Bobby C both did great versions that i would take over this sculpt. Adam does great work and I've owned his work before, but it isn't leaps above everyone else

They don't need to bend it just a little, the pose looks unnatural like Shoo said. It's weird, it's like he is leaning forward but instead of being hunched over he is up right, like a smooth criminal pose but from the waist up.

the likeness is still there, it's just the expression is the worst I've seen of the character.

couldn't disagree more. Howard S and Bobby C both did great versions that i would take over this sculpt. Adam does great work and I've owned his work before, but it isn't leaps above everyone else

Totally agree. Im fortunate to own Bobbys 1:1 joker and its just crazy how good that thing is. Howards is also pretty stunning and also Bob dullams joker is superb. Id love to see Adam do a 1:1 silicone joker tho. Would be pretty special no doubt.

It's almost there but I agree the expression is almost dopy like he's tired or stoned. I don't understand why they didn't use one of the famous facial expressions everyone loves .

Updated info
15cb2290b0bfb3927cc143405c91e407.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they've shown proto of Batman in Arkham Knight, Batman Noel, Deathstroke has an unmasked face, Batgirl, Bane, and a few others including this Batman v Superman teaser.

:hi5:

Oh cool, thanks I have been out of the loop for a while, so I had no idea P1 was working on these things.

What I'm basically saying is that everything they have shown so far looks like it came out of the screen, like their transformers and Ninja Turtles, and Arkham Knight.
So, with Adam Sculpting this, this would have been the favorite out of the bunch, and for me personally, its the weakest out of all the protos they've shown cause of that "bored" expression.

Yeah I agree.

What you say might be true but the majority of people seem to think Adam is actually leaps above everyone else, since so many collectors are willing to spend thousands on his 1/6th sculpts for their action figure. I have never seen any sculpt with that desire before, it's just crazy that people would pay so much for a tiny head for an action figure compared to spending the same amount on a life size bust, like Howard's for example.

It's almost there but I agree the expression is almost dopy like he's tired or stoned. I don't understand why they didn't use one of the famous facial expressions everyone loves .

Because doing those types of Joker expression's is risky. For instance, Sideshow nailed the Joker expression on their PF, but the majority of people think (myself included) that it looks nothing like him. Thus, in order to produce the sculpt with the best likeness, it is safer to stick with expressions that are basically neutral. However, the expression on this one is too neutral and boring as people have said.

Totally agree. Im fortunate to own Bobbys 1:1 joker and its just crazy how good that thing is. Howards is also pretty stunning and also Bob dullams joker is superb. Id love to see Adam do a 1:1 silicone joker tho. Would be pretty special no doubt.

Could you imagine the price for something silicone at that scale! :horror

Last edited:
We will see this updated at the Wonder Festival (Feb 7th) and finally a reveal of their Bale Batman?

Good to see the multiple hand options, knife and gun... And new dirty coat...
But still no sign of BaleBats...

Would have been nice if they added the sub machine gun Smith & Wesson M76 (of course, that could be the exclusive option later on).

Back