1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks nice but it does lack a bit of soul. Also the base,,,, what happened tot it ? I dont know about anyone else but surely for this money, and it wont be $1k , we should be getting hair that moves ? even if it was part sculpted and part hair like Adam did many times. Would really take it up a level imo.

If the dx11 could give us suede like shoes at 1;6 scale, prime 1 oughta be able to pull of something similar, if not better, at 1:2 scale.

If this is at $1k range, I'm in. if not, i'll just enjoy it from photos here :lol
I think it will be in the 1k range. They said they're going to be pricing it at a reasonable price and their 1/3 AK Batman is at $900. This is probably going to be around $1300.

I have to say, those most recent photos on the last page really make this statue look pretty damn good. Honestly, those photos make his expression look like he's annoyed rather than bored. Still, I agree with you guys. It would have been great if Prime 1 had given us a sculpt that showed his teeth and an expression of violent intensity or insanity.

I like this expression for this particular size - 1:2 scale, I wouldn't say it's expressionless / souless, I think he looks like he's bout to stab batman or threaten Rachel. If it were to have a more aggressive, mad smile, I'd have a more difficult time convincing the wife as the kids wouldn't be comfortable with it in the house.

I like this expression for this particular size - 1:2 scale, I wouldn't say it's expressionless / souless, I think he looks like he's bout to stab batman or threaten Rachel. If it were to have a more aggressive, mad smile, I'd have a more difficult time convincing the wife as the kids wouldn't be comfortable with it in the house.

I agree, it looks evil. I'm ordered it the first day it's up for pre-order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like they made the same mistake I've seen most Adam customers make. They asked for his "typical" Joker, and his "typical" Joker is basically just Heath Ledger with scars. You see it in his sculpting process. He does Ledger first, then adds the scars, and it just doesn't capture the essence of the character.

He creates sculpts with likenesses like no other, but they're completely lacking in personality. It's a shame, too, because, on paper, they've done everything right. My ideal Joker would be tailored by Kato, with a sculpt by Adam, and it'd be torn straight from the Mob scene. Joker smiling while he taunts everyone with his grenade rig. Those yellow teeth grinning at everyone who walked by.

I could never afford something like this, but I was looking forward to seeing how it turned out for people, and, so far, it seems like it hasn't even come close to taking the crown from their Arkham Knight Batman.

I'd agree with that assessment of Adams work. That's defn why you can see more Heath in his sculpts compared to everyone else. Some prolly prefer this though.

I love it. Easily the best licensed Ledger likeness out there, and the tailoring is great! Thinking the lean might be a tad much and it could maybe use a slightly more messed up make-up look, but I think it has a good Bruce's penthouse scene look to it.

I agree that it's the best licensed likeness and that it's from the penthouse scene, but it just doesn't do anything for me. This statue doesn't have the expression or personality that he had in that scene. The expressionless sculpt just doesn't work in this instance. The only thing that would save it for me is to have a different head sculpt with it, even if it added an extra $300 to the piece.

Took a couple pics today. Not a piece I'm interested in, but I'm sure people will go nuts over it.

88b0e504c944d484d9b3967b987e35bc.jpg

0f290d6459d562a8c4404867e3f27133.jpg

I'm guessing Prime 1 studio is reading this thread. I love the sculpt. And re sculpting it would be a big undertaking.

Here is my own suggestion:

When you showed the teaser pic of the side profile of the joker, people were VERY excited. The likeness to ledger was incredible. But the eyes were blackened out/shadowed by his brow in that teaser pic. But after we got sdcc pics and saw the eyes, there was disappointment. So i think the eye placement is may be what is causing some of the issue. I would suggest changing the eye placement and definitely changing the pose of the figure, so he doesn't look like he just woke up the morning after and hung over. But I am definitely loving the sculpt. Personally, if this statue contains ONLY a crazy smiling teeth sculpt I won't buy it myself. I really just want an incredible likeness, similar to Adam Gu's 1/4 headsculpt. If it contains this current headsculpt AND a crazy smiling teeth sculpt, it would be an instant-buy for me.

Yeah same here, guess it comes down to what do you want more, something that has great likeness to the actor but is lifeless, or something that has practically zero likeness to the actor but captures the character. Even though this Prime one has no emotion and looks life-less, I still prefer it over Sideshow's 1/4 DX11 statue.

I hope the tailoring is close to the proto.

I am sure it will, the tailoring on the DX11 is practically identical except the coat, vest and coat.

Took a couple pics today. Not a piece I'm interested in, but I'm sure people will go nuts over it.

88b0e504c944d484d9b3967b987e35bc.jpg

0f290d6459d562a8c4404867e3f27133.jpg

Nice pics bro, he looks great. :clap

Last edited:
Just change the arm to open the coat and add the grenades.. it would be an epic win!!!!!!!!! That stiff left arm makes him look like a clothing dummy.

The sculpt looks like the best on the market. Aside from obvious customs out there I think this is the best licensed sculpt there is. The expression is on the more boring side for sure but I don't see anything else beating it's likeness.

IMG_9596_zpstgps2ufe.jpg~original

IMG_9382_zpsipqm33qr.jpg~original

WOW that is stunning. What a sculpt. Wish the pose looked less like a mannequin

Got in late on the Bobby C. vs. Adam vs. Howard debate, but I'll just throw my .02 in the mix. I still believe my 1:1 sculpt by Bobby is the best representation of Ledger's Joker I've seen yet....and if it's true Adam got $7k for a 1/4 head I feel even better about what I paid for my life-size now. :lol

IMG_1660.jpg

Without question, Bobby C's 1:1 Silicone Joker is the best available, smart choice.

Looks somewhat like the MJ12 Joker and the clothes need some weathering. That life size and the 1/4 scale looked by far the best

I can see people paying the asking price and then getting another kato suit and socks for 3K because the final product will not be "accurate".

HL fans are really something else.

Back