1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder he’s selling out. Lol.

So no one thinks this will gain an value huh? I think we could see this piece do very nicely in the next year or so. It’s sold out faster than all the other 1/2 scale pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No wonder he’s selling out. Lol.

So no one thinks this will gain an value huh? I think we could see this piece do very nicely in the next year or so. It’s sold out faster than all the other 1/2 scale pieces.

If this had a better head and wasn't undersized it probably would have sold out a long time ago and be double in price by now. As it is I don't see it appreciating much. I even passed on it for under retail a few times. I think Superman actually sold out first, it's just been on waitlist for over 6 months whereas Ledger never had a waitlist for some reason.

If this had a better head and wasn't undersized it probably would have sold out a long time ago and be double in price by now. As it is I don't see it appreciating much. I even passed on it for under retail a few times. I think Superman actually sold out first, it's just been on waitlist for over 6 months.

Yeah, I have it coming. A little bit of buyers remorse set in but I just told myself when are we ever going to see another 1/2 scale Heath Ledger Joker? If this one didn’t sell well, would someone attempt another one?

I do feel like he’s enough. With all the cool clothing and accessories. The head could have been better but if it bugs you that much, have it painted.

I’m okay with him. He is expensive, I agree. Would have loved to got him on sale last week, but they didn’t have in the sale.

If this had a better head and wasn't undersized it probably would have sold out a long time ago and be double in price by now. As it is I don't see it appreciating much. I even passed on it for under retail a few times. I think Superman actually sold out first, it's just been on waitlist for over 6 months whereas Ledger never had a waitlist for some reason.

agreed on the sculpt, but I see many more people spending money on custom sculpts for smaller incarnations, where this has a great underlying sculpt that just needs a little work to bring it out. This also comes with tailoring created by one of the best in the game. The whole thing is just done with quality. Also, this statue is not undersized looking at the numbers. Heath was 6'1, the statue is 38in tall.

One thing about it though is - I never see one for sale on the secondary market?

People that own him must love him.

I’ve already heard 3 people on fb tell me it is the best piece in their collection and 2 of the guys had massive collections with cool pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have it coming. A little bit of buyers remorse set in but I just told myself when are we ever going to see another 1/2 scale Heath Ledger Joker? If this one didn’t sell well, would someone attempt another one?

I do feel like he’s enough. With all the cool clothing and accessories. The head could have been better but if it bugs you that much, have it painted.

I’m okay with him. He is expensive, I agree. Would have loved to got him on sale last week, but they didn’t have in the sale.

I had buyers remorse as it was the most expensive purchase in my 10 years of collecting. My first Hot Toy was the original Joker and I've been collecting ever since. I also was apprehensive on the sculpt. It looks much better in person and I do not regret buying it. I want Prime 1 to make a 1/2 Bale!!!!

I had buyers remorse as it was the most expensive purchase in my 10 years of collecting. My first Hot Toy was the original Joker and I've been collecting ever since. I also was apprehensive on the sculpt. It looks much better in person and I do not regret buying it. I want Prime 1 to make a 1/2 Bale!!!!

Another satisfied customer! [emoji23][emoji106]

God, a Bale Bats would be amazing in 1/2 scale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WTF....

Thank you for shopping on our website.

We regret to mention that we discovered some unrepairable issue on our product HDMMDC-01 The Dark Knight The Joker.
And there is no more stock in our China warehouse.

However, we still have some stock in our Japan warehouse.
But we couldn’t provide an economy shipment from Japan to United States.
Could you make up the difference ($481) for the shipping fee?
Then we will send out your order from Japan.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you.
Prime1studio

Idk. Should I pay the extra $400 shipping?
Geez this kinda sucks and really does seem weird if them to do this..

Last edited:
WTF....

We regret to mention that we discovered some unrepairable issue on our product HDMMDC-01 The Dark Knight The Joker.

Thank you.
Prime1studio

It's closer to $500 than $400. Personally, I wouldn't pay it because it's not my fault as the customer. It seems like they're being honest about the situation and it's an error, but I wouldn't want to be the one who pays for it. Maybe you can ask them to ship a replacement part from Japan to China or they can tell you what's damaged and if it's acceptable to you, ask for a discount on it.

I bought mine from someone local on FB, but I'm in Southern California and there are a lot of collectors in the area. If you were on the fence about it, this might be a sign to not purchase or it's reinforcing your desire for the item. If you think you can get it cheaper by waiting for a collector to sell, then maybe wait?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's closer to $500 than $400. Personally, I wouldn't pay it because it's not my fault as the customer. It seems like they're being honest about the situation and it's an error, but I wouldn't want to be the one who pays for it. Maybe you can ask them to ship a replacement part from Japan to China or they can tell you what's damaged and if it's acceptable to you, ask for a discount on it.

I bought mine from someone local on FB, but I'm in Southern California and there are a lot of collectors in the area. If you were on the fence about it, this might be a sign to not purchase or it's reinforcing your desire for the item. If you think you can get it cheaper by waiting for a collector to sell, then maybe wait?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They didn’t even offer me the damaged one in China. I was also unaware they had two warehouses? I didn’t ask them to offer it to me yet. I’ll ask them today I guess

I was already priced out at the original $2100 price I was given. I really not sure it’s worth the extra $400. But they are selling between $2200 - $2500 on eBay. People are paying that. Just not sure I’m in love with the character at this scale to down $2,500 on him..

I might have to settle for a couple of comic 1/3 pieces instead of this one. Geez, idk, still thinking about it.

I did send them a message stating that standard shipping on this piece is normally $232, not 481 and that I shouldn’t have my orders shipping upped based on their error?? Waiting on their response.

I’m wondering if this is just a scam to get more money because the item is sold out now. Really a weird situation.

WTF....

Thank you.
Prime1studio

I got an almost Identical email from Prime1 today,

When preparing your order, we regret to mention that we discovered some unrepairable issue on our product.

Could you make up the difference ($134) for the shipping fee? Then we will send out your order as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Prime1studio

I'm glad I checked out this thread before paying them the extra money, I am so pissed off as it seems they are doing this to others aswell.

I got an almost Identical email from Prime1 today,

When preparing your order, we regret to mention that we discovered some unrepairable issue on our product.

Could you make up the difference ($134) for the shipping fee? Then we will send out your order as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Prime1studio

I'm glad I checked out this thread before paying them the extra money, I am so pissed off as it seems they are doing this to others aswell.

Oh wow.. Man this is a new low for them. Imagine how many more they are doing this too?..

Yeah, you know what, they can either stick to the original quote or I am going to have them cancel mine.

What did you order?

Well, then that mean only one thing guys.

They are sitting on the last batch of them and they realized these would fetch more on the secondary market, so they're going to try and get it out of us, or make us cancel it and sell it to there local customer base in japan.

I just seen one sell in Asia for $2500 on Ebay the other day and then I got that email. That's what they want from me with the new shipping quote. This piece normally only costs $232 to ship standard. Not $481

What a bunch of greedy #@&*%

Well, then that mean only one thing guys.

They are sitting on the last batch of them and they realized these would fetch more on the secondary market, so they're going to try and get it out of us, or make us cancel it and sell it to there local customer base in japan.

I just seen one sell in Asia for $2500 on Ebay the other day and then I got that email. That's what they want from me with the new shipping quote. This piece normally only costs $232 to ship standard. Not $481

What a bunch of greedy #@&*%

Either that or they have horribly underestimated the shipping cost and have come up with this lame excuse.

Are you going to email them back mentioning other people have received basically the same email?

Either that or they have horribly underestimated the shipping cost and have come up with this lame excuse.

Are you going to email them back mentioning other people have received basically the same email?

I doubt the underestimated the shipping. It’s been quoted to me and others and decent rate. They even allowed me to cancel and reorder it so I could get the $90 economy shipping instead of the standard $232

Hell yeah Im going to mention the email thing.

Makes me want it more now since it’s practically going to be hard to find now and even greedy companies are trying profit from it. Lol. But if they don’t budge and make me pay that $481 shipping idk...

Last edited:
Back