1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did you return Sideshows?
Forehead creases were not defined enough....actually non of the paint around wrinkles were grungy enough. His nose was off and chin too....I didn't get the pose also even though it's meant to look good opposite Bale Bats, which I do have and is just lonely now. Thinking of selling him...not sure.
That piece put me off Sideshow for good especially when it comes to movie likeness. Joker is my first prime one order and I just had get a more definitive Ledger sculpt and paint out of my great respect for the actor and trilogy.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Forehead creases were not defined enough....actually non of the paint around wrinkles were grungy enough. His nose was off and chin too....I didn't get the pose also even though it's meant to look good opposite Bale Bats, which I do have and is just lonely now.

Oh ok I thought it might of been for quality other than likeness because quite frankly I can't see any likeness to Ledger in that sculpt, I can't think of one thing they got right. Like u I also have Bale Bats and was sure I would get the Joker to but the issues u mentioned is what prevented me from pulling the trigger. In the end I just didn't want Joker with a similar sculpt to the DX11 and thought I would put the money I saved towards Primes.

Thinking of selling him...not sure.
That piece put me off Sideshow for good especially when it comes to movie likeness.

TBF most companies have failed to capture Ledger's likeness though, u must admit they did a great job on Bale.

Joker is my first prime one order and I just had get a more definitive Ledger sculpt and paint out of my great respect for the actor and trilogy.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Yeah my first to but the simple neat paint job is putting me off, especially considering how much better it was on the proto.

Last edited:
Better quality pics.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

Make up around the eyes still looks drawn on but it looks better in these pics. However, does look like some sort of filter has been applied.

No he means a reddish filter has been applied to blur the paint job, so it looks messier than it actually is. Nevertheless, these are the first close up pics I have seen of the sculpt.

LOL. You know, a subconscious reason I kept the debate over this piece going for so long on the SS Harley thread was that I hoped you'd talk me out of wanting it (I'm always looking for reasons to save $.) The more photos surface though . . .

Admittedly, it's getting harder to tell, based on how varied the angles they've all been--much like we mentioned with lighting differences--how non-expressive he would appear in-person. I think the head tilt makes all the difference in terms of the menace it conveys and the original pose with the lean seemed like it would be annoying to see the portrait at all unless displayed higher than I would find ideal. Maybe the more straight-on pose saved it in that way, but sacrificed Joker's character in others. :dunno

the custom on FB of this guy looks crazy better

YMMV. I like the material hair, but it needed some work to better match the wet, curly look of Ledger's in the film, which I think P1's sculpt captures better, even if it looks more "shaped" in comparison.

Im more concerned with the size. Having Bats and Supes, Tiny Joker is going to look odd. I'm been saving all year for this piece. Have the money but haven't pulled the trigger. Now Debating passing and getting Wonder Women or something else.

Im more concerned with the size. Having Bats and Supes, Tiny Joker is going to look odd. I'm been saving all year for this piece. Have the money but haven't pulled the trigger. Now Debating passing and getting Wonder Women or something else.

I wouldn't advise displaying them together. The scale is accurate based on FB photos one collector took comparing the hand size (no Trump jokes!) between Joker and Supes. Joker's hunch and normal-person shoes, compared to the others' boots and upright positions, make him challenging to fit into to the BVS line.

LOL. You know, a subconscious reason I kept the debate over this piece going for so long on the SS Harley thread was that I hoped you'd talk me out of wanting it (I'm always looking for reasons to save $.) The more photos surface though . . .

Really? I would never have guessed that. BTW do you own any of Primes pieces?

Admittedly, it's getting harder to tell, based on how varied the angles they've all been--much like we mentioned with lighting differences--how non-expressive he would appear in-person.

Agreed.

I think the head tilt makes all the difference in terms of the menace it conveys and the original pose with the lean seemed like it would be annoying to see the portrait at all unless displayed higher than I would find ideal. Maybe the more straight-on pose saved it in that way, but sacrificed Joker's character in others. :dunno

Yeah IDK either, but you raise some good points. Nevertheless, I still prefer the original pose because it was less boring, but that's just me.

Really? I would never have guessed that. BTW do you own any of Primes pieces?

I just have expensive tastes, but that's a more recent thing, so I only have Harley and Wonder Woman ordered, nothing in-hand yet. I like to think Arkham Knight Catwoman would've been my first P1 if she wasn't in development hell until the most recent digital renders surfaced.

I agree that, conceptually, I liked Joker's original pose better.

I just have expensive tastes, but that's a more recent thing, so I only have Harley and Wonder Woman ordered, nothing in-hand yet. I like to think Arkham Knight Catwoman would've been my first P1 if she wasn't in development hell until the most recent digital renders surfaced.

Oh don't we all....:lol

The biggest problem for me though is not the price but the large scale. If I get this I honestly have no idea where I can put it.

I agree that, conceptually, I liked Joker's original pose better.

Yeah I get why they changed it because it didn't look natural, so the chose the much easier option.

Oh don't we all....:lol

The biggest problem for me though is not the price but the large scale. If I get this I honestly have no idea where I can put it.

Shelf space is more of a premium for me because I collect books, so it's actually a relief to just invest in a pedestal for these huge statues. I'm in the process of buying glass cabinets for the miscellaneous pieces in my collection (Blitzway, non-comic-related stuff.) but I'm notoriously cheap, so it feels weird to be wantonly pouring money into display furniture when I could tell you a story for the deals I've gotten for all the individual pieces in my collection up until these recent POs.

Shelf space is more of a premium for me because I collect books, so it's actually a relief to just invest in a pedestal for these huge statues.

I am actually not talking about shelf space, I am talking about room space. I like all my collectibles to be in the same way room but this is simply not possible with 1/2 scale pieces when in conjunction with other scales, especially PFs.

I'm in the process of buying glass cabinets for the miscellaneous pieces in my collection (Blitzway, non-comic-related stuff.)

I was going to do the same but I rarely collect 1/6th figures anymore, despite that for the most part they are better than statues when it comes to paint jobs and likeness. My problem with them is they just have no presence. Still looking forward to WW training figure though.

but I'm notoriously cheap, so it feels weird to be wantonly pouring money into display furniture when I could tell you a story for the deals I've gotten for all the individual pieces in my collection up until these recent POs.

And here is me thinking you were one of those collectors that buy a highest quality stuff. I could also tell you a story of the offers I got for pieces from my collection. :wink1:

Back