1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my superman prime 1 yesterday and the detail and quality are fantastic. I can't wait for the joker hopefully it will be in my collection soon.

This looks nice but a real shame it doesn't come with an alternate expression sculpt and maybe a switch out arm implying some action. As great looking as this thing appears to be it takes up a lot of real estate and could get a bit dull after a period of time. But a terrific piece if museum poses are your thing.

I do like them like that actually...I imagine the following movie poster behind the statue like this and it gives me goosebumps :yess::

joker poster.jpg jokerprime1.jpg

This looks nice but a real shame it doesn't come with an alternate expression sculpt and maybe a switch out arm implying some action. As great looking as this thing appears to be it takes up a lot of real estate and could get a bit dull after a period of time. But a terrific piece if museum poses are your thing.

I do like them like that actually...I imagine the following movie poster behind the statue like this and it gives me goosebumps :yess::

View attachment 347172 View attachment 347173

If the make up looked messy and the expression was the same as the one in the poster then this would be a slam dunk, but because the make up and expression is based on a different scene, that pose doesn't suit the sculpt. The simple pose together with the boring expression on his face really hurt this piece.

View attachment 347172 View attachment 347173
I do like it but I just think there should be the option of a smirking or laughing sculpt. It is the Joker after all and it wouldn't be out of line considering the price. If it could be switched back and forth to something like below with a smirk and bent arm I would have ordered by now.
e1beacf53178f908f3058ab4130d817f.jpg

I do like it but I just think there should be the option of a smirking or laughing sculpt. It is the Joker after all and it wouldn't be out of line considering the price. If it could be switched back and forth to something like below with a smirk and bent arm I would have ordered by now.
e1beacf53178f908f3058ab4130d817f.jpg

Well up until now Adam's grail sculpts were pretty much neutral expressions, hence the blank expression on this piece.

As you can see His latest sculpt actually resembles expression of the Joker the one you posted in your pic.

I totally agree with you about having a bent arm just something to give life to statue, rather than him just standing there.

Last edited:
the smiling portrait still wouldn't fit the pose. They really missed the mark on this because it had so much potential. They had the best joker sculptor and the best tailor, but couldn't put together the pose? A shame indeed. I really hope they put together a 1/3 to make up for this.

the smiling portrait still wouldn't fit the pose. They really missed the mark on this because it had so much potential. They had the best joker sculptor and the best tailor, but couldn't put together the pose? A shame indeed.

Well it could have suited the old pose they had, shame they couldn't make that pose more natural, hence why they scrapped it and went with something simple like this one.

I really hope they put together a 1/3 to make up for this.

If they do I am guessing the clothes would be fully sculpted like all their 1/3 scale pieces.

Well it could have suited the old pose they had, shame they couldn't make that pose more natural, hence why they scrapped it and went with something simple like this one.

If they do I am guessing the clothes would be fully sculpted like all their 1/3 scale pieces.

The old pose was so easy to make better. I heard it had leaning issues, but still, this current pose is basically mannequin like. For 2k, it needs a little bit more imagination. They have Kato, who has already made 1/3 clothing for BobbyC in the past, I don't see why they wouldn't use him again. I don't know how they would be able to paint all of the Jokers clothing layers. I guess if I had to, I'd buy this 1/2 version and have it re-posed, but I will wait and see what they do. It's a no brainer to do him in 1/3 too if they get the license.

The great thing about taste in things is that...it is different depending on who flavor things out. I respect everyone's opinion in regards of this and I am really sorry that this piece did not fulfill your expectations, that really sucks, but in the other hand I am glad to know that it does for me and that's what matters at the end right?

The old pose was so easy to make better.

U are probably right but obviously they thought it was easier to scrap it and make a simple museum pose.

I heard it had leaning issues, but still, this current pose is basically mannequin like. For 2k, it needs a little bit more imagination. They have Kato, who has already made 1/3 clothing for BobbyC in the past, I don't see why they wouldn't use him again. I don't know how they would be able to paint all of the Jokers clothing layers.

Well other statue companies have done it and so far all of Primes 1/3 scale statues have sculpted clothes like Harley Quinn for example. That's why I think it would be unlikely that they would do clothing just for a Ledger Joker.

I guess if I had to, I'd buy this 1/2 version and have it re-posed, but I will wait and see what they do. It's a no brainer to do him in 1/3 too if they get the license.

Well they are doing Batfleck in 1/3 scale now, so I can't see why they wouldn't be able to Ledger in the same scale.

I disagree, this piece captures everything to me. I can not wait for this to come out!

I knew that I was not alone...I love this statue and the way it came oup. I am looking forward to displaying this beauty next to my Ben Aflleck of the same scale.:yess:

I am a fan and have it on preorder. However, I preferred the original pose. I wish they would have tried to adjust the lean slightly rather than delivering a boring pose. Someone said it looks like a figure ready to be posed. I unfortunately have to agree. I sold all my other joker collectibles, so this one is it for me.

Back