1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good, now let's have Bale. Perhaps we'll see him at one of the summer conventions?

I think they did a great job (along with their other 1/2 statues) with nailing the likeness of the actual actor themselves, however specifically for this piece it does seem kind of blasé with his some what slouched shoulders and blank face. It's the Joker I think they could've went with a more exciting face / expression (ie. maniacal crazy laughing face of some sort). This is consistent with the 1/2 line (maybe it's the whole wax museum effect / material they use to nail the life like look of the actor) but P1 is also responsible for the 1/3 Noel Batman which I think they did a wonderful job with the expression.

joker_sad_by_darknight7.jpg

I thought this piece would come out absolutely amazing considering how much time they took to remake it after all the criticism regarding the first proto. Plus it's Prime 1, they are so good at what they do... Didn't happen.
On one hand I am disappointed, but also kinda relieved due to the price and scale.

Although Sideshow's PF is far from perfect, I can honestly say I like it better than P1's version. The face is simply too neutral/sad, something you pretty much never see in the movie, and those 1/2 stances have just been really boring so far.

I thought this piece would come out absolutely amazing considering how much time they took to remake it after all the criticism regarding the first proto. Plus it's Prime 1, they are so good at what they do... Didn't happen.
On one hand I am disappointed, but also kinda relieved due to the price and scale.

Although Sideshow's PF is far from perfect, I can honestly say I like it better than P1's version. The face is simply too neutral/sad, something you pretty much never see in the movie, and those 1/2 stances have just been really boring so far.

Fully agree

Yeah it's a shame, it looks a bit waxy and the nose looks off. In that size it's going to be more difficult I guess to do natural looking hair. That size is way too big but I would have considered it if it was a home run. Kato's clothing is amazing on it regardless.
32eb5e65aacbde8ad6d23ba7e570527c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price+scale+sculpted hair+sad clown face=pass. Guess Sideshows will have to do, but in no hurry to preorder. Will wait for production pics since exclusive is weak imo.

Price+scale+sculpted hair+sad clown face=pass. Guess Sideshows will have to do, but in no hurry to preorder. Will wait for production pics since exclusive is weak imo.

They won't have a problem selling out I suppose but trying to resale something that size is a nightmare. There has been a huge surge of flipping lately in this community but at a price like that, maybe people won't take that risk.

Lakhota,

I'm not so sure it's your normal sense of "flipping". I think collectors are looking to "recycle" their pieces in order to (1) free up space for and (2) get liquid to purchase new statues coming on the market that just look absolutely amazing than most stuff we've seen in the past. Plus the fact you have new (and refresh) licenses that collectors can now go in so many new and different directions than before. I mean it's insane with all the teasers and announcements we see on a weekly basis on here. Collectors now more than ever have the freedom to really go in any direction they desire. There will always be flippers in the industry that are here to solely profit, however I think the recent surge you speak of has more to do with what's coming down the pipeline and people just don't have the space and/or funding to keep growing their collections the way they would like to. Just my thoughts on what I'm seeing out there in the market and from my own experiences.

About this Ledger piece, I have to say I'm passing on this Joker as well as SS's version. Sad to say, but neither of them do it for me.

Bring me Arkhams Joker 1/3 Prime 1!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

they could have gone with so many different facial expressions. I imagine this is what they wanted.

They won't have a problem selling out I suppose but trying to resale something that size is a nightmare. There has been a huge surge of flipping lately in this community but at a price like that, maybe people won't take that risk.

Any piece is hard to move anymore, even just to break even. You better make sure you love it, or most likely can't move it or if you do at a loss. Secondary market is all but dead imo.

I don't see them selling out for a long time, if ever. Flipping new statues is not worth the hassle and fees anymore, and on this one there is zero reason to even consider it.

Problem is there are so many better new pieces that people don't care for older ones that much.

Back