1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unreal statue! Best ledger likeness ever produced!

For a mass produced scale yes, but his custom work has produced better sculpts.

I think this one is clearly the best head sculpt as far as manufactured pieces go, but the custom 1:1's from Bobby and Howard have this one beat imo.

As good as Howards and Bobby's are, I think likeness wise this is still better, despite that it lacks emotion.

And for the price they cost, they should be better, but 1:2 is pretty big, so I think if a good artist got their hands on this, it could be greatly improved.

Agreed, if they used translucent resin like they did on the MOS one this would at least look less like a sculpture and more like real human being like both Bobby's and Howard's do, since they use silicon.

Last edited:
For a mass produced scale yes, but his custom work has produced better sculpts.

As good as Howards and Bobby's are, I think likeness wise this is still better, despite that it lacks emotion.

Agreed, if they used translucent resin like they did on the MOS one this would at least look less like a sculpture and more like real human being like both Bobby's and Howard's do, since they use silicon.

I agree mass produced, this will probably be the best but for me, it doesnt come close to Bobbys and Howards and possibly even Rich Martins jokers likeness wise. I agree tho, his custom jokers are better and that 1/4 silicone joker he did is right up there with the best iv seen .

I agree mass produced, this will probably be the best but for me, it doesnt come close to Bobbys and Howards and possibly even Rich Martins jokers likeness wise.

Each to their own I guess, I personally can't see much likeness to Ledger in Howard's one, but I will not say what is off about that on here. I still think it is great though and I wanted to have it when I first saw it and I have no interest in collecting busts.

I also can't see much likeness to Bobby's one either but I think that has to do with how the make up was painted, since when you look at Bobby's one unpainted or with less make up it's obvious that it is ledger. Come to think of it, I have never seen a Joker sculpt with Mob make up look like Ledger from the Mob scene.

I agree tho, his custom jokers are better and that 1/4 silicone joker he did is right up there with the best iv seen .

IMO it is the best one there is.

Last edited:
Each to their own I guess, I personally can't see much likeness to Ledger in Howard's one, but I will not say what is off about that on here. I still think it is great though and I wanted to have it when I first saw it and I have no interest in collecting busts.

I also can't see much likeness to Bobby's one either but I think that has to do with how the make up was painted, since when you look at Bobby's one unpainted or with less make up it's obvious that it is ledger. Come to think of it, I have never seen a Joker sculpt with Mob make up look like Ledger from the Mob scene.

IMO it is the best one there is.

I can actually see ledger in all of them from different points of the film. There was a great video on youtube about Bobby Causey, hollywood something or other, where they showed the joker and then switched out to the statue and the resemblance was unreal.
I like Howards joker but I prefer bobby's more . Also Bob Dulams joker always impressed me , would have loved to have seen that in silicone with routed hair...

Yes that 1/4 Adam did was really awesome. I dont think we ever saw it on a body with clothing.
I do like this tho. Looking forward to seeing the final in hand photos.

I can actually see ledger in all of them from different points of the film.

Well I am not saying the likeness isn't there in all of them I just don't see it, whereas with this statue I can tell it is Ledger right away, so that why I perceive the likeness to be better.

There was a great video on youtube about Bobby Causey, hollywood something or other, where they showed the joker and then switched out to the statue and the resemblance was unreal.

Yes I saw that but I didn't think it looked anything like how he looked in the film, the make up is painted wrong to. However, like I said before not saying the likeness is not there I just don't see it when the sculpt is painted like that.

I like Howards joker but I prefer bobby's more . Also Bob Dulams joker always impressed me , would have loved to have seen that in silicone with routed hair...

I can't search for Bob Dulam's Joker, is that the exact way to spell his name?

Yes that 1/4 Adam did was really awesome. I dont think we ever saw it on a body with clothing.
I do like this tho. Looking forward to seeing the final in hand photos.

No he never did finish it to go on the EB body.

Last edited:
I dunno, for me, I could really see ledger as the joker even with how the make up was applied. Some of his 1/3 scales and 1/6 have been a bit off but his lifesize jokers are really awesome. Much like a lot of his 1:1 scale work.
Sorry missed the L out , Bob Dullam. He initially sculpted ledger then added the scars and painted his as the joker. Really decent core likeness. Its on his site.

Would love to have seen him finish that quarter scale joker.

Looking at this one, I prefered the old pose but the left arm just didnt look right to me.

I dunno, for me, I could really see ledger as the joker even with how the make up was applied.

Well in this case it wasn't the amount, it was the style, the black area around the eyes is painted like large triangles, when they really should look more circular than triangular and smaller like they are on Brent 72's 1:1 scale one or the one that you have.

Some of his 1/3 scales and 1/6 have been a bit off but his lifesize jokers are really awesome.

That's because they get a bit deformed when he shrinks the 1:1 scale one. The head shape changes and becomes elongated during the shrinking process. Also those are the ones I meant that only look like Ledger when less make up is applied.

Much like a lot of his 1:1 scale work.

Yes I really like most of his 1:1 scale work but IMO I really don't think he can nail Ledger like Adam can but that's just my opinion.

Sorry missed the L out , Bob Dullam. He initially sculpted ledger then added the scars and painted his as the joker. Really decent core likeness. Its on his site.

Ok the ones on his website are totally amazing that I thought he used a livecast to make those! :horror

Would love to have seen him finish that quarter scale joker.

Yeah displayed on any body be it a statue or the EB one.

Looking at this one, I prefered the old pose but the left arm just didnt look right to me.

Well the old pose was scene specific, the only problem was that it didn't look natural for several reasons. The pose on this one looks perfectly natural but too boring IMO, it looks similar to EB's doll now, albeit with the correct proportions.

Last edited:
Bob sculpted that from scratch . The life cast is some what different to Bobs. I have had a couple direct from him and it is a really great sculpt and the proportions are bang on. If it went all out with hand punched hair, glass eyes, it would look so good.

Yea I kinda see that and initially thought that about it looking like the enterbay . Not a bad thing but maybe a tad to similar.
Im not sure if il get one but wouldnt mind picking one up especially as its an Adam joker and Kato clothing.

Bob sculpted that from scratch . The life cast is some what different to Bobs. I have had a couple direct from him and it is a really great sculpt and the proportions are bang on.

Well his work is right up there with Adam's then, that closed eye Joker on his site is amazing, so you have a Ledger live cast?

If it went all out with hand punched hair, glass eyes, it would look so good.

Hmm not sure about the glass eyes though, I think that is why Bobby's Joker (although amazing) is lacking the likeness Adam's has. I think the shape of the eye sockets have to be changed in order to accommodate the glass eyes.

Yea I kinda see that and initially thought that about it looking like the enterbay . Not a bad thing but maybe a tad to similar.

No it's really not a bad thing but I don't want a statue to have such a simple pose that it makes it just look like a doll. I want it to pop if that makes sense?

Im not sure if il get one but wouldnt mind picking one up especially as its an Adam joker and Kato clothing.

Well you collect Jokers from the best sculptors, so you might as well get this one to then you will have a Joker made by all the top artist. :wink1:

Last edited:
They have just released the prices for their 1:2 scale Batman v Superman at $1999, I'm guessing Joker will be the same.

It should cost even less, the MOS sculpt actually looks like a real person because they used Translucent resin to give it that realistic skin look. Whereas the sculpt on this is just polystone resin and because of that it looks more like a sculpture than a human being.

I just talked to John one of the directors at prime. They used translucent resin on the Joker statue as well.

Last edited:
Hmm that's interesting then I guess it's paint job, which looks like it covers the entire resin that makes it look like most polystone statues then. They should have u added some real hair strands to the statue like Adam does on his 1/6th ones because they actually look realistic. Ideally rooted hair would be the best but I am guessing that would have increased the price even more then.

Last edited:
Hmm that's interesting then I guess it's paint job, which looks like it covers the entire resin that makes it look like most polystone statues then. They should have u added some real hair strands to the statue like Adam does on his 1/6th ones because they actually look realistic. Ideally rooted hair would be the best but I am guessing that would have increased the price even more then.

I also think the fact that there hasn't been a decent photograph under the correct lighting to give us an idea of what the statue really looks like because every photo I have seen is different nothing is ever 100% crisp and clear. Me myself and I want the ultimate representation of the Heath ledger Joker . I have high hopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think the fact that there hasn't been a decent photograph under the correct lighting to give us an idea of what the statue really looks like because every photo I have seen is different nothing is ever 100% crisp and clear.

I hope your right but I really think this will just look like a polystone statue and will not have the realistic skin look the MOS one has.

Me myself and I want the ultimate representation of the Heath ledger Joker . I have high hopes.

And you think this is it?

I hope your right but I really think this will just look like polystone statue and will not have the realistic skin look the MOS one has.

And you think this is it?

In this scale yes. I know a few painters that would tackle and repaint the sculpt if needed. I personally and getting out of hot toys. Getting an actual Adam sculpt paid for and on time for the artist is damn near possible and costs a right arm or a testicle.

In this scale yes. I know a few painters that would tackle and repaint the sculpt if needed.

Yeah and maybe they could add hair strands. Jacob could probably do a good job.

I personally and getting out of hot toys. Getting an actual Adam sculpt paid for and on time for the artist is damn near possible and costs a right arm or a testicle.

Yes I much as I like Adam's current 1/6th sculpts, I would rather spend that sort of money on something people can actually see when they enter a room. But I assume Adam's sculpts are not the only reason you are getting out of Hot Toys right?

Yeah and maybe they could add hair strands.

Yes I much I like Adam's current 1/6th sculpts, I would rather spend that sort of money on something people can actually see when enter a room. But I assume Adam's sculpts are not the only reason you are getting out of Hot Toys right?

I'm bored. The hobby has changed. It's not a monetary issue. It's the same stuff on a different day Marvel this Marvel that . I'm more of a classics guy and there's just not enough nostalgia in it for me anymore. If they ever produced Ripley I'm all over that.

Gotcha, you are not interested in any characters from this decade from films etc. A few Handmade artist like Rainman produce some old characters though.

Back