1:2 Endo ES changed from 500 to Open Edition?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Some members have claimed that the 1:2 Endo which was set at 500 has been changed to open edition? Surely this is not the case and. Of a good precedent to be setting.

Those who have it claim it has #/500 on the base.

if I had one, I would call a SS rep and ask for an explanation. The SS site used to say 500, but now it says Limited Edition.

Just checked the site and it no longer says 500 but limited edition. Can SS confirm if there will now be more than 500?

I own one of these, and it is numbered out of 500.

The website has now been changed to Limited Edition.

Surely this must be an input mistake on SS part. They are a reputable company and would not change edition size after the fact in this manner where it so obviously wrong.

I know they changed the ES on the Gray PF hulk, but they came out with a reasonable explanation, and it was not a huge increase like this is.

If this is out of SS hands, and was down by HCG, then SS should simply stop carrying it.

I own this piece also and it ticked me right off when I found out. I talked to a SS rep today, she confirmed it is indeed open ES now.....she couldnt give me a reason as to why though.

Way to go SS, a little lube and some warning would have been nice before you stuck it in.

Chris

Yes mine is numbered. I have had mine nearly 4 years I think. I know this was on the sideshow site under backorder for over 2 years because I would check every now and again to see if it had sold out

I own this piece also and it ticked me right off when I found out. I talked to a SS rep today, she confirmed it is indeed open ES now.....she couldnt give me a reason as to why though.

Way to go SS, a little lube and some warning would have been nice before you stuck it in.

Chris

So they can change stuff to open ES after setting an edition size? Hmm, has this happened before?

Maybe they couldn't sell 500 pcs as originally estimated so they are saying Open ES now? In that case, there will be less than 500 in circulation.

Maybe they couldn't sell 500 pcs as originally estimated so they are saying Open ES now? In that case, there will be less than 500 in circulation.

Think this will be the norm for the LSF here on out. :gah:

noone knows how ss thinks, i would thought been a $2000 statue the ES will be far more limited than the regular PFs (and ss make far more profit off each sales).

instead they decide to make them open edition, destroying any collectible values. and after this terminator fiasco where the same statue is still for sale after 3 years and with open edition, who will ever bother to buy a lsg from sideshow at those prices?

noone knows how ss thinks, i would thought been a $2000 statue the ES will be far more limited than the regular PFs (and ss make far more profit off each sales).

instead they decide to make them open edition, destroying any collectible values. and after this terminator fiasco where the same statue is still for sale after 3 years and with open edition, who will ever bother to buy a lsg from sideshow at those prices?

The same people who can afford a $2000 statue who view their peices as works of art and not worry about the resale value at all.

It doesn't matter if you have a crap load of money to spend, if you buy something knowing that it is supposed to be limited you can brag but if it's not and it's out in the market and not hard to find it really isn't something to be excited for. Who ever decided to make that 1/2 Terminator statue an open edition after being limited to 500 basically scammed a lot of people, and the individuals who are selling it should also take the blame.

Last edited:
I agree completely.

I think sideshow trying to be all highend with their renewed entry into the $2000 market but doesnt have a clue how to execute, and still trying to pull the same stunt as their $300 statues.

Imo, cinemaquette is the only game in town for $2000 market. All of their pieces actually worth the price tag in term of the paint quality/construction/detail etc.., and none of that ES manipulation bulls**t nor do they remake a statue with some different poses just because it sold well.

I agree completely.

I think sideshow trying to be all highend with their renewed entry into the $2000 market but doesnt have a clue how to execute, and still trying to pull the same stunt as their $300 statues.

Imo, cinemaquette is the only game in town for $2000 market. All of their pieces actually worth the price tag in term of the paint quality/construction/detail etc.., and none of that ES manipulation bulls**t nor do they remake a statue with some different poses just because it sold well.

However, I do agree with you...

Chris

They are the "exclusive distributer" so they must have some say in it...

agree with the first part as a possibility, and yes, right now, there are less then 500 in circulation, but they could make another 500 in the next 5 years, who knows. The point is the number on the bottom of the ones in circulation is completely meaningless because they all will look the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back