1:1 TDK Joker Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody for the kind words. I will be taking everyone's advice and pulling in his hairline and dirtying him up today. With all the trouble this thing had, the final castings came out with less than perfect results (weird dents, the head and body I had to resculpt came out very rough cause I rushed it, etc.), but with hair and makeup added these things are practically invisible.

the jaw needs to be bigger, and of course the forehead is too big.but i like it other than that

Better?

DSCN4192.jpg

DSCN4193.jpg

I do actually like it - but as a caricature, not as a realistic likeness. That forehead is the major problem. It is just too large overall, like I said before. Other than that though, it is really nice - especially with the accurate tie and shirt!

It reminds me of the episode of Fraiser where he has his caricature drawn - and it has a gigantic forhead...

In the forehead's defense, however, perspective has a lot to do with it - it doesnt look so large in person. He also needs more hair on his "parted" side, cause it makes the head look larger as well...

Based on the pics in post #25, it looks off. You can see Heath in there for sure, you got the nose, eyes, mouth and scars down....the forehead still appears to bulge outward past his brow too much. The eyes look to close together, and if you look at the center of the piece and veer outwards it looks like the side feature of his face sort of drop off. I think the face needs to be more full on the sides.

Now that last picture you posted looks like a completely different sculpt, it looks great!

Thanks! A lot of what was wrong before was the paint job as well... Heath Ledger's chin was very stuck out while doing this character, and the original paint job did not show that. When I repainted him I tried to emphasize that more. Also, his eyes did appear very close together - but I think that was due to having WAY too much black around his eyes (especially the outer sides). And I made the line of his upper lip much more defined. I swear the forhead thing was mostly due to perspective - it may be a little large, but in the pics it was much worse than it appears in person. Thats why I say the last pic is the best representation. Thats what happens when someone who sucks at taking pictures takes pictures...

Back