Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Call! The set is worth it just for the pendant and the beskar brick. I just ordered for pickup. Thank you

Not sure it's worth it.
Description on the certificate says it's a beskar pin, which make me think it's hollow and undersized, also the on-line in hand pics look sort of cheesy.
Let us know what you think when you have it.

c32fb5cd-5470-566a-8b6e-0301b0981eb2.jpg

I also ordered on the 30th and from the UK. Still heard nothing.

Same here, albeit from Germany. I paid the remaining balance yesterday, still says "payment processing" and not even a shipping price so far....

Which one specifically would you recommend?

Seems like there are several to choose from made from different materials and ranging from $45 to $95.

I see several pewter that you mentioned but there seems to be a variety to choose from and there are some bronze ones too.

It really just depends on personal preference and what you think looks prop accurate. Judging from the screencap above, it looks pretty roughed up and heavily 'tarnished in some areas, so I'd go with pewter or bronze... Polished chrome would probably be too clean.

nov 4th and my payment has been processing since last Wednesday and I really don't understand it, someone pour me a drink please :thud:

D. R. 37 what did you do to tone down the cheeks ?

I just followed what Gabe mentioned on the RPF. But I lightly dampened a soft cloth, gently went over the ?infected? areas in a circular pattern (smallest amount of pressure). Kept repeating until it was virtually gone.

Could you put a flashlight behind a ear and take a picture? Id like to see if the ears are, like in the prototype, fully translucent. If this is the case, the red should also be removable, like the cheeks.

I don?t think it is translucent as it seems unless blasted with harsh lighting but the red does mimic that effect. Unfortunately I don?t have room to display him so he was packed back up after some shots were taken.

Which one specifically would you recommend?

Seems like there are several to choose from made from different materials and ranging from $45 to $95.

I see several pewter that you mentioned but there seems to be a variety to choose from and there are some bronze ones too.

He must have made several kinds now. Before it was just the one but it was the burnished looking pewter one for $45

View attachment 498915

I'm still seeing a lot of low collars in here. Is it not possible to fold or futz it so it sits higher and covers up the neck like it should?

View attachment 498914

I left it but there?s a stitch on each side of the collar to the sleeves that when pulled up shortens the robe revealing his feet. Might snip those to later on to get the proper futz.

Yeah Paul, I'd be interested in what you did there too. Thumb rub trick or something different ?

Definitely looks better imo.

Gabe mentioned the thumb trick but I have working man hands so it would be like sand paper :lol
Had to do something the cheeks looked horrendous when unboxing.
I?m not on FB but heard there might be other techniques/pointers there.

Gabe mentioned the thumb trick but I have working man hands so it would be like sand paper :lol
Had to do something the cheeks looked horrendous when unboxing.
I?m not on FB but heard there might be other techniques/pointers there.

Thanks mate. I think at the end of the day it seems to come off relatively easily whichever method you choose, luckily. So a bit of light rubbing as you did is enough.

Once I get mine I might also try to fade a bit at the end of the pink area in the ears....if that kind of fade is possible. From what you've said I'm guessing yes if you're careful about it.

MostlyFantasy.com - a freak posted the link (in this thread I believe) a while back.

It?s a great piece that looks and feels like a legit prop. Pewter so has some weight to it.
Whoever posted the link claimed it was cast from the actual prop from the show but who knows :dunno

It is. Read some place Favreau bought like 30 of them. So don't know if piece was bought for the show from original artist, or what. Great piece.

I might go back for the white bronze??? just to have it. The original unpolished pewter is very nice.

A lot of lesser pieces - the horns are wrong and all that.

Back