Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like the final product just doesnt photograph well at all because he looks amazing in the video.

Anyone who didnt order as flexpayment got shipping price updated ?

611.jpg
proto111.jpg

A nice reality vs expectation photo :(

I don't know wth I was thinking preordering, donated another $35 tho Sideshow ...

A nice reality vs expectation photo :(

I guess it depends on how much you value screen accuracy of the sculpt. Consensus seems to be that the production piece is actually more accurate.

Honestly, I only cared about the cuteness of the original version, with the eyes shrinked, I interpret the look as more depressed rather than amazed/curious - which to me, was his personality in the show

As far as the photos go, Hot Toys one got the lead, the exposed teeth makes that one look more cute

I started wondering if there's a market to sell preorders from the lower reserved price

Honestly, I only cared about the cuteness of the original version, with the eyes shrinked, I interpret the look as more depressed rather than amazed/curious - which to me, was his personality in the show

As far as the photos go, Hot Toys one got the lead, the exposed teeth makes that one look more cute

I started wondering if there's a market to sell preorders from the lower reserved price

If u get urs on the first batches u will have no issue selling it. Sculpt wise, I prefer the production piece, feels more faithful.

I no doubt think the prototype was "cuter" I like the slightly rounder head and love the big puppy dog eyes. Definitely makes it cuter.....but a few threads ago someone posted comparison shots of the production and screenshots from the show.....

The production version 100% looks more accurate to the actual puppet/prop. I showed my wife the comparison shots and she could barely tell the difference. Of course i can see which one is clearly real and which one is a $375 Sideshow statue but regardless i think it's a wonderful piece and i couldn't be happier that i per-ordered it. Can't wait to receive it!

Thank god Sideshow updated with that great unboxing video as well as the updated screenshots on their website as i was very on the fence on whether i would keep this or not. The only major detail i think they missed is the hair on the ears....minor but noticeable to me.

Have you seen the Justin's Collection video? The HT version is terrifying, it looks like it's about to defensively bite. And the ear seams are horrendous.

Thank god Sideshow updated with that great unboxing video as well as the updated screenshots on their website as i was very on the fence on whether i would keep this or not. The only major detail i think they missed is the hair on the ears....minor but noticeable to me.

Yeah that missing hair is sort of glaring to me as well. I think I might try punching in some extra hair on the ears myself, since it appears to be something the resin can take.

My biggest complaint is the cloth but hopefully it can be futzed with to look less like something from the craft department at Walmart lol.

That was awesome. Nice to see that you can tilt the head to the side, which is a pose I was hoping it could pull off. And we kinda get our first look at the body in there as well.

It looks so freakin' good in the video. Always cool to see some of the behind the scenes when it comes to making collectibles to. You can tell a lot of passion went into this particular release, and Sideshow seems very proud of it. I'd argue it's one of the best releases I've ever seen from them.

I cannot wait to get mine. I do wonder though if the first batch of these are going to be the best looking ones, and if they just keep making them as people order if the quality will decrease or stay consistent. Because if it blows up even more once it releases and a bunch of collectors go place orders, maybe the following waves will be rushed out more....

HT looks like a green version of gollum.

Must admit that this production quality from SS was a surprise to me.

The partnership with Legacy Effects paid off.

It is really hit and miss with SSC. The quality is inconsistent.

I bought their Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake 1:6 figure and that headsculpt was a travesty. But their premium format statue of the same character was rather good (for the time).

Man, those are clearly pictures of The Child from the show or some production research either for the show or for the collectible. Also this clip is less significant in terms of how the final product looks like. Most times they are just showing Legacy Effects working on the prototype (it's even specified in clear letters in some shots). You can see that when they hand punch the hair the head is squishy like if it's made of silicone and the ears wobble when the head is being handled.

No head tilt in final product.

It is just a "making of (of the prototype)" and a testament to Legacy's involvement.

And imho that takes nothing out of how awesome this product turned out.

Back