Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic here. Glad I managed to get an order in. I haven't owned a whole lot of pieces from Sideshow in the past (especially not statues), but from everything I've seen from them this has gotta be one of their best looking releases possibly ever. Two thumbs up to the team! :wave

Yeah it looks fantastic in that reveal, and I don't see any issue at all now with the head. I do wish she had shown off the articulation a bit more though, as it's still unclear to me if the head is on a ball joint or only capable of moving side to side.

It does look great. Now hopefully all these coming soon email and video production teases translate into the product shipping soon. I want to incorporate this guy into Christmas decoration this year:)

Unseal and reveal/out of the box from Sideshow
https://youtu.be/w-GoR25vuo8

Video did it. I caved and PO'd.

This forum is a festering bed of enablers.:cool:

Not only do the production tweaks look stellar, appreciate the involvement of Legacy Effects. It's a chance to own the introduction of a bit of amazing SW history (lifesize), long after the show has wound up.

I do wish she had shown off the articulation a bit more though, as it's still unclear to me if the head is on a ball joint or only capable of moving side to side.

Yeah, she seemed kind of tentative about the whole thing; but my PO is so long figure the worst that can happen is eating the NRD. I'd have like to see if he's wearing his onesy or they just stitched all together (probably; it's a way to cut costs).

Definitely the head seems to be able to just rotate, no angle adjustment.

Also they were careful not to show the body.

I am kind of surprised this comes fully assembled, I expected the head to come separate somehow.

Definitely the head seems to be able to just rotate, no angle adjustment.

Also they were careful not to show the body.

I am kind of surprised this comes fully assembled, I expected the head to come separate somehow.

No point in showing the body anyway.

Yeah it looks fantastic in that reveal, and I don't see any issue at all now with the head. I do wish she had shown off the articulation a bit more though, as it's still unclear to me if the head is on a ball joint or only capable of moving side to side.

I noticed at the end there is written for more details go to side.show/childassembly. But doesn't seem to work now. Perhaps we can find out more there ?

Great idea going to look amazing in that kind of setting and lighting.

The Baby travels...Halloween, put him next to a jack o lantern...Thanksgiving, stand him on a hay bale with some fall leaves...Christmas, tree/lights/presents too easy.

vs111.jpg

Proto vs Prod

vs211.jpg

Proto vs Prod

vs311.jpg

Proto vs Prod

vs410.jpg

TV Show vs Prod

vs510.jpg

TV Show vs Prod

Pizza's pic comparison clearly show more than neck rotation. A ball joint is also not hard to do.

The Baby travels...Halloween, put him next to a jack o lantern...Thanksgiving, stand him on a hay bale with some fall leaves...Christmas, tree/lights/presents too easy.

What's the head material actually ? I was expecting polystone or something relatively brittle. Mainly because they were referring to it as a state.

I hope it's silicon coated or something a bit more robust. Especially the ears.

Can only assume it's some form of resin as the product description states. Plastic is mentioned too but I assume that is the shifter knob. Who knows how durable it's going to be, but I'm planning to be very careful when displaying and storing this. I might try to invent a reinforcement stand under his outfit as I'm not sure about totally trusting the feet.

What's the head material actually ? I was expecting polystone or something relatively brittle. Mainly because they were referring to it as a state.

I hope it's silicon coated or something a bit more robust. Especially the ears.

Pretty sure it's resin, perfect for the semi-translucent effect.

Got to pull my head in after seeing that video... it looks spot-on.

Looking at those comparison pics now makes the protos eyes look highly exaggerated (The Child - Alita style :lol)

Home-run for Sideshow on this one!

Back