Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy with just the articulated head myself, since it allows you to convey a whole lot more personality than I was expecting with this statue. Although if someone does do a mod for articulated arms that looks easy enough to replicate, then I might try the same with mine.

yeah I'm the same, very positively surprised. Just head movement can do so much to a pose.

How well can polystone or whatever it's made of be cut ? :lol I'm guessing probably not too well. Brittle no doubt. But considering it's all under the sack hmmm. Just need a couple of big ratchet joints. Are they even available ?

You can find pretty much anything online if you look hard enough. Lol. There are probably lots of different ways you could approach it, with maybe the simplest being just cutting the arms at the shoulder and epoxying them to some thick armature wire that you could then easily bend. The big shapeless cloak will hide the joint completely so no need to worry about how it looks.

Honestly though the most I'd really want is just the ability to raise one arm in a Force motion or as if he's reaching for something. I can't think of any other pose I'd really need.

OK cool. Something to look into perhaps when we can get a better look "under the cloak".

I agree though to be able to "make him do the hand thing" would be pretty cool and probably the main pose I would also like to have.

Is that supposed to be a good price? Not like it's much bigger than a 1/6 figure for double the shipping.

Why did you buy from Sideshow if you live in the UK..? I bought mine from Movie Figures you are going to get screwed on Import Duty / Tax.

Hey fellow freaks, is anybody here able to clarify when the first batch of these are shipping out? I read back a few pages but am seeing mixed reports.

Have ALL of them been pushed to the first quarter of 2021, or is that date only for those who order now? Are some still shipping this November? I noticed Sideshow's website is saying first quarter of 2021, but BBTS is still saying this fall.... I would be inclined to believe Sideshow first obviously unless this is being shipped out in waves, in which case if I could possibly snag one from BBTS earlier.....

Why did you buy from Sideshow if you live in the UK..? I bought mine from Movie Figures you are going to get screwed on Import Duty / Tax.

Because it's not going to be cheaper from Movie Figures, it never is from UK retailers. Sideshow is still slightly cheaper even factoring in shipping and customs. I just didn't expect $82 shipping.

Hey fellow freaks, is anybody here able to clarify when the first batch of these are shipping out? I read back a few pages but am seeing mixed reports.

By all indications people who ordered on day one will start receiving theirs soon as some of them are now seeing shipping costs in their order status. I do not have shipping costs on my order yet but the arrival estimate does show Oct-Dec.

Based on the current dates on the SS page, anyone who orders from them now probably won't see it until sometime during Q1 of next year. If BBTS ordered more stock than they already have in pre-orders it's conceivable that you might get one more quickly through them but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I placed a pre-order for this either the 1st or 2nd day from SSC. My shipping cost is currently showing as $28.07 to get it over to the east coast.

I just caved and pre-ordered this one. I haven't gotten any new collectables in quite a while, and figured I should treat myself. I'm hopeful that what arrives at my door step looks as good as those production photos, because I still think it looks pretty darn good. Maybe not as good as the prototype, but that was to be expected and the drop in quality is nowhere near as bad as it could be. I am still quite impressed!

I ordered the night this was put up and my order does in fact have a calculated shipping price. Hope for November shipping notice.

Ok in motion in real life he came out looking absolutely amazing.

He looks freaking adorable from his 3/4 profile from the left.

If you bought this you did good so stop staring at bad photos and stressing out if it was money well spent that is the Child right there almost 100% spot on.

SS did the right thing with the head shape and eye changes.

You saved 10 million dollars.

Win.

Back