Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, package is considerably larger than a 1/6th figure, 40x50x30 cm for 6kg. I don't how that translates to funny American units.

Also: the shipping for The Mandalorian 1/6th figure is 40$. Now that's a high price.

Edit 2: changed address to the location I am currently staying (a city 20km from the previous address) and shipping price bumped to $77.84 :D

Thanks for the great comparison shots, Pizza. I wonder if the changes to the sculpt were required by Disney? I personally think the prototype is cuter but the production piece does look a little closer to screen accurate to me, especially the eyes which appear to be slightly too big and round on the proto.

Agreed. Now that I see the comparison the eyes do seem like they were way too round on the proto. And I also get less of that wrinkled old man vibe from the production piece, which was always a bit weird before.

Thanks for the great comparison shots, Pizza. I wonder if the changes to the sculpt were required by Disney? I personally think the prototype is cuter but the production piece does look a little closer to screen accurate to me, especially the eyes which appear to be slightly too big and round on the proto.

Yes Pizza ! Well done.

Totally agree with you Scott. Interestingly the first sculpt did seem cuter. Amazing how big the difference is. Oh well I guess screen accuracy is good to have too.

Just strange how they got to an inaccurate sculpt when they are working with the creator of the puppet. Unless there were different versions ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually think the production piece is cuter and captures the character better. Might pick this up after all. Comparison shots really appreciated!:clap

Now that I see the comparison the eyes do seem like they were way too round on the proto. And I also get less of that wrinkled old man vibe from the production piece, which was always a bit weird before.

:exactly:Yeah, didn't care for that with this character.

Yes Pizza ! Well done.

Totally agree with you Scott. Interestingly the first sculpt did seem cuter. Amazing how big the difference is. Oh well I guess screen accuracy is good to have too.

Just strange how they got to an inaccurate sculpt when they are working with the creator of the puppet. Unless there were different versions ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the proto was more influenced by the original art:

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5f8ded7007960.jpg

where the eyes are more round. Wrinkles seem deeper in the original art too. But re the Gallery there are different versions of the puppet; not just the multi-million dollar "hero" puppet.

And I also get less of that wrinkled old man vibe from the production piece, which was always a bit weird before.

Yeah, I see what you mean and agree. Other than the eyes, the production piece does look younger.

I'm really excited about this thing. Now I need to find a nice Mando helmet to display with it.

From Sideshow:
Due to the incredible demand for The Child Life-Size Figure, and the handcrafted nature of this high-end collectible, Sideshow will be receiving our stock in split shipments. All pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were placed.

Please note that the estimated arrival window on our site has been updated to accommodate new orders for future stock, and does not affect pre-orders that have already been placed or your place in that fulfillment queue.

I sure hope these will start shipping in November as was previously indicated, it's so difficult to get a straight answer.

Is the "new" sculpt really more screen accurate?

This first shot we see of The Child has always defined the look for me - the hero shot that sold the audience; bigger eyes, and much cuter.

Which look is "better" is of course debatable. I think it's pretty clear there is some character variance from scene to scene and even moment to moment.

Which look is "better" is of course debatable. I think it's pretty clear there is some character variance from scene to scene and even moment to moment.

Yep, there's plenty of shots where the child just looks completely different. Probably CG model vs Puppet vs Puppet enhanced with CG.

Still remains my favorite look wish it had this expression:

AECB4A3B-52DC-4E58-9505-1FCCBD962C23.jpeg

When it comes to BY it is all about the ears and mouth but especially the ears not eyes.

Last edited:
Looks like the production one took a few too many hits from the stormtrooper and mashed his head down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The reveal shot when the pram is opened for the first time is CG, I think, right? I've always thought there's quite some disparity on the way he looks there vs the rest of the show. Almost like he underwent a minor redesign for the following episodes.

I?m wondering why go through the effort of making the head articulated and the shifter knob removable and not just make the arms articulated too. Now it?s in some weird half statue/half figure limbo

I'm guessing because it's a lot easier to engineer an articulated head than jointed arms. And we've seen other statues do that in the past when it was possible.

I'm just surprised there was no mention of this articulation when it went up for order. I wonder if they only did that to provide a bit more competition for the HT version...

Maybe it's a licensing thing? Hot Toys obviously has the license for the figure. Maybe Sideshow is only allowed to make a statue in the life-size format and articulating the arms crosses the line.

I'm happy with just the articulated head myself, since it allows you to convey a whole lot more personality than I was expecting with this statue. Although if someone does do a mod for articulated arms that looks easy enough to replicate, then I might try the same with mine.

Back