Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If those new pics are based on an actual production sample, I'm SO happy...

They are. They've said that the last couple of times they've shown it during their New York Con that it's been a production sample.

I think the articulated head and the knob being removable are new additions.

I don't see much if any drop in quality. Looks phenomenal to my eye.

I don't know whether it's the crappy lighting vs expert original photography, but I keep being disappointed every time new pictures come up :/

Looks great to me at least from these production studio pics. I again will refrain my final judgement until someone posts IN HAND photos but this looks very very promising. I think Sideshow knew they couldn't risk to **** this up considering the popularity of this character. Their reputation was really at stake here or they wouldn't take the risk on it and likely just let Hot Toys tackle it......

Thus far, i am not regretting my pre-order on this piece at all. I can't wait to see what the initial thoughts are of fellow collectors around the world as they begin to receive their 1/1 Child in hand! =)

I took a screen shot of the proto face vs production and put them over each other. The proto has semi translucent skin, big eyes, round face, better paint apps, and better potato sack like outfit. The production has a much flatter wide face, less rounded cheeks, and MUCH smaller eyes. The iris is not the same in the eyes as well. Still think it looks good, but a touch disappointed as I?m not sure why you can?t get the face mold to be identical even if you can?t replicate the high quality materials Legacy put into the proto. It?s all in the eyes!

Hairs on the ears would have gone a long way. The loss of the translucent skin is also a measurable downgrade. I think the face is more accurate, though, but still off a little. How it was ever anything but perfect, given the company that made him helped with this, is beyond me.

If this had a low ES, I'd keep my po without a second guess. Since this kinda feels like a "we'll keep making them if people keep ordering" kinda deal, and it's been pushed to 2021 already, I think I'll eat the $35 and let this one go.

611.jpg
proto111.jpg

I will say that in defense of the eyes being smaller and the head squattier, I queued up Mando episode 4 (one of my favs) where the child keeps flipping switches in the Razorcrest cockpit. The eyes and face are about on point with what you see on screen. Maybe moreso than the proto. Not sure how since I thought it was molded from the shows molds for the muppet/animatronic. All in all, I think Im keeping the preorder because some of those photos above are pretty darn cute. The cuteness factor is what I was hoping they could capture and I think they did it. I remember Sideshows Yoda bust they made several years ago. It is utter crap in comparison to this piece. I think lighting plays a big part in how this comes across as well.

Thank you Pizza for the pics !!!

Looks good to me. I just hope that pink around the eyes and cheeks is not too visible in normal lighting conditions.

Otherwise I like they have added the neck rotation to get a little more "feeling" from the figure.

Edit : At first i understood it was just rotation. But it is a ball joint !! Excellent. That will mean so much more poseability !!

ef42f04e093ae6470d3a2a7206345b86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just went to the website on sideshow for this statue and the shipping has changed to Jan 2021-March 2021 !!!!! Does this mean no more November shipping?

TV Show vs Sideshow. Obviously different lighting and slightly different head angle, but the expression is very similar. The most noticeable difference I see, as someone else already pointed out, is the lack of hair on the ears. Otherwise I personally think it looks REALLY close and I'm pretty excited to get him.

the-child-compare.jpg

So I just went to the website on sideshow for this statue and the shipping has changed to Jan 2021-March 2021 !!!!! Does this mean no more November shipping?

They originally said it would ship in waves. My guess is that those dates are for people who order now. Hopefully the people who pre-ordered day 1 will get theirs sooner. The email they sent out recently seemed to imply they were getting close.

Back