Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty disappointing to me..they've changed the head..eyes ..:( may cancel but will wait on more pics first.
ca3e5e6d1248e31b1c5e87f592c9b342.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Pretty disappointing to me..they've changed the head..eyes ..:( may cancel but will wait on more pics first.

I was going to say the same thing but you're absolutely right. Head looks squished as opposed to the 'round-ness' of the prototype's head.

Hmmmm...yeah. Was about to preorder this, but....I'll wait for in-hand photos. :huh

I believe is partly due to the angle. In the other product photo the head looks rounder.

Looks slightly worse but still great. The potato sack definitely doesn't look as good.

Images could have been higher quality too.

Just had this reply after querying the pics...
cde5fb3e0c616f030f6b974ccb1162a7.jpg

Agreed. The sculpt and paintwork both look very close to the proto, although we'll obviously need to see some higher quality pics and closeups to know for sure.

The collar does look a bit too wide, but it may just not be futzed correctly in these shots. And the width does vary quite a bit on the show as well.

I actually like the changes to the head. I always thought the initial proto (while great) looked a bit too round and chibi-like from some angles. Really digging this pics. Excited to see more! :)

Wish it were November already!

The thing that surprises me most is that the production Sideshow version blows the Hot Toys proto out of the water.

Liking it... looks good. As mentioned probably just a weak futz on the potatoe sack. Looking forward to seeing more product shots.

The thing that surprises me most is that the production Sideshow version blows the Hot Toys proto out of the water.

I think the partnership with Legacy Effects definitely helps, plus I think this is the one piece they wouldn't get away with making subpar.

Back