1:1 IRON SPIDER-MAN bust (customize)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed a gray area - but most people are saying its been customized enough to not count... but the part that would have been the hardest to sculpt himself is what he stole... the human figure. Thats what does it for me. If he had made this from scratch, that part would have been the hardest/most time consuming. And thats where the problem with recasting comes from - stealing someone elses work...

Just my 2 cents...

Would it it be OK if I was to make 30 War Machine "customs" using a recasted IM comiquette body and add a gatling gun, missle pods and and some paint? Nope... it's not

Because to stay within the realm of legality, I either have to use a legit IM as a base or learn how to sculpt and make a cast of that in order to sell multiples. If he was doing it JUST for himself, then it would be all good.

Would it it be OK if I was to make 30 War Machine "customs" using a recasted IM comiquette body and add a gatling gun, missile pods and and some paint? Nope... it's not

Because to stay within the realm of legality, I either have to use a legit IM as a base or learn how to sculpt and make a cast of that in order to sell multiples. If he was doing it JUST for himself, then it would be all good.

Indeed a gray area - but most people are saying its been customized enough to not count... but the part that would have been the hardest to sculpt himself is what he stole... the human figure. Thats what does it for me. If he had made this from scratch, that part would have been the hardest/most time consuming. And thats where the problem with recasting comes from - stealing someone elses work...

Just my 2 cents...

That's the same argument I had about the artist on this forum who recasted and resculpted the sideshow anakin and obi-wan 1/6th portraits to sell. He was praised with open arms, yet this guy here is not? Call it what you want, but Im calling it hypocritical.

Im not trying to burn anyone, but just bringing up a valid point in this argument of lines to be crossed. If youre going to call a spade a spade, then make sure you call every spade a spade too.

Why can't he customise ONE original piece to sell then.
Does he have to recast 30 pieces to sell?
And no he didnt make the mould for 30 busts then customise every one of them.
Obviously he recasted one original then customised the recast and proceeded to customise that.

nick_jonas.jpg

Well, apparently Sideshow doesn't care and or approoves of what this guy is doing. Since he is not banned yet.

Yexel...
How would you feel if somebody stole your old songs and dance moves, then changed them a little and passed them off as their own?? Meanwhile he's making money off of your songs. Would you be OK with that??

Everybobdy is giving this guy ^^^^^, but I bet if he put some pieces up for sale at a good price, atleast 10 of you guys would be all over it....

Everybobdy is giving this guy ^^^^^, but I bet if he put some pieces up for sale at a good price, atleast 10 of you guys would be all over it....

like i said before i have no problem with this iron spidey make over, but no i wouldn't buy either. mainly since, when they get the arms on this baby, holy sht it's going to be huge. looks like it's going to be a work of art though. imo

And point of yopur post is?
Most members here are hypocrites?
Yea probably.
That's how recasters make their living.
Well if any suckers here wanna buy this he is selling them.
Do know that purchasing one would condemn you to the fifth level of statue hell.
You get this too:emperor

of course there will be at least 10 people that will want to buy this. The collecting community consist of "collectors" which means they will buy whatever they want no matter how people label them as. As long as they keep quite, they will be fine.

I'm just hope that the number that is interested is not in the hundreds.

I myself will not buy it, although I think it is a great custom. It's sad though that we allow this guy to advertise his product here.

of course there will be at least 10 people that will want to buy this. The collecting community consist of "collectors" which means they will buy whatever they want no matter how people label them as. As long as they keep quite, they will be fine.

I'm just hope that the number that is interested is not in the hundreds.

I myself will not buy it, although I think it is a great custom. It's sad though that we allow this guy to advertise his product here.

Truer words...
:cool:

I don't get the point why he is guilty

I would understand if he was doing the exactly the same bust or statue but he is coming up with something totally different. There is no Iron Man spider bust out there by SS or any other company in this regard

having said this, I believe he made a mistake with using the same sculpt of SS bust. He should have come up with a new sculpt. But then again, I don't think it is difficult to sculpt a bust for someone, who obviously has more resources than most of us have.

I would say, not correct may be but not a big deal also

NO BIG DEAL?

its alot easier to tweak a sideshow bust than it is to start from scratch,if he made one for himself then its no problem but make lots to sell when it is a mike hill/sideshow sculpt to line your pockets is a copywrite issue and sideshow should do something.

That Venom pics in your sig is way cool dude.
Any info on it?
Looks like Bagley's venom.

what ind of info were u lookin for? i found it through photobucket pics..........to be honest i have no idea what the difference is b/w a bagley venom or jo shmo venom :dunno

Back