►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metal "door catch/latch" greeblie from Shapeways added to the real MGC Return of the Jedi Stormtrooper blaster:

MGC%20ROTJ%20Stormtrooper%20blaster%2048.jpg

You pieced this together?

You pieced this together?

The MGC ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster was assembled by a talented RPF member, the only thing I added was the door catch greeblie behind the mag, and the stand with plaque. This MGC conversion is the among the best I have seen, the RPF member really managed to get the best pieces and parts available and put them together just like the screen used blasters.

The MGC ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster was assembled by a talented RPF member, the only thing I added was the door catch greeblie behind the mag, and the stand with plaque. This MGC conversion is the among the best I have seen, the RPF member really managed to get the best pieces and parts available and put them together just like the screen used blasters.

That's a world I haven't ventured into to. Very cool!

You should my friend :). Custom accurate sabers, blasters and other props are quite cool

These days I'm almost exclusively collecting latex masks, but who know what the future holds. I'm also not as die hard of a SW fan as you my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These days I'm almost exclusively collecting latex masks, but who know what the future holds. I'm also not as die hard of a SW fan as you my friend.

Aren't you afraid the latex masks will deteriorate in time Alex? Before getting my Elm-Studios/Cyberman 1:1 bust and passing on the fugly Sideshow version, there was a talented guy on RPF who made latex Emperor masks that looks fabulous. But I know the original screen used Yoda puppet and mask are almost completely rotten, together with a few other SW aliens masks made out of latex. :(

Aren't you afraid the latex masks will deteriorate in time Alex? Before getting my Elm-Studios/Cyberman 1:1 bust and passing on the fugly Sideshow version, there was a talented guy on RPF who made latex Emperor masks that looks fabulous. But I know the original screen used Yoda puppet and mask are almost completely rotten, together with a few other SW aliens masks made out of latex. :(

Modern latex takes a long time to deteriorate. Props aren't taken very good care of during movie production, as they are really just meant to be used briefly for filming. Keep em dry and out of sunlight and they'll last long after I've grown tired of them and sold them off.

Modern latex takes a long time to deteriorate. Props aren't taken very good care of during movie production, as they are really just meant to be used briefly for filming. Keep em dry and out of sunlight and they'll last long after I've grown tired of them and sold them off.

Good to know that!

Stunning piece, I'm sure it feels amazing in hand. Well done.

Thanks Kev. It is quite heavy indeed, being full metal. MGC Japan made some fantastic metal replicas in the 80's, the reason I think Lucas used their Mauser replica for Han's DL-44, and the C1 Sterling replica for the ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster.

Finally my M19 scope arrived. This is one of the scopes used on Han and Luke DL-44 blasters as well as on Stormtrooper blaster. Much rarer and more expensive than the well known M38/M40 scope (the one present on the Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster) I looked for this version for a long time. I got a case for it and it is on display, next to my Stormtrooper blaster. The M19 scope is in excellent condition, love it, I'm even thinking of buying a second case and getting my M40 out for display as well.

M19%20scope%2016.jpg

M19%20scope%2017.jpg

M19%20scope%2022.jpg

M19%20scope%2023.jpg

M19_Stormtrooper_blaster_Han_vert.jpg

M19_Han_Solo_Blaster_vert.jpg

54b5648949f276a075a793051d2572e7.jpg

M40 (1942) Sherman tank scope next to M19 scope in display cases - the M38 (1943) is on my E-11 blaster:

M40%20amp%20M19%20Scopes%2002.jpg

Thanks. They are from 1/34 die-cast cars. I gave the cars to my little cousin and kept the cases. The cases with cars were cheaper than single cases

Crazy isn't it? I'm always surprised at the cost and lack of options when comes to acrylic cases.

Back