►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jkno's collection

congrats for the At-At Jkno!1 thats a great piece, although your pics are awesome:clap:clap

congrats for the At-At Jkno!1 thats a great piece, although your pics are awesome:clap:clap

Thanks Macke. And talking about the AT-AT here are some pics I've taken of my Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdR1U1dkik

MRAT-ATSE02.jpg

MRAT-ATSE09.jpg

MRAT-ATSE11.jpg

MRAT-ATSE13.jpg

MRAT-ATSE15.jpg

Last edited:

And the final display of my Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition #693/750. Added 4 custom made plaques autographed by Julian Glover (General Veers), Ian Liston (AT-AT Driver), Richard Bonehill (Snowtrooper) and Doug Robinson (Snowtrooper), plus a tall plaque with AT-AT info, next to the original plaque signed already by Phil Tippett (visual effects producer - stop motion animator for AT-AT's in ESB).

MRAT-ATSE50.jpg

Some pics of the original ILM Imperial AT-AT's used in ESB

Last edited:

And the final display of my Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition #693/750. Added 4 custom made plaques autographed by Julian Glover (General Veers), Ian Liston (AT-AT Driver), Richard Bonehill (Snowtrooper) and Doug Robinson (Snowtrooper), plus a tall plaque with AT-AT info, next to the original plaque signed already by Phil Tippett (visual effects producer - stop motion animator for AT-AT's in ESB).

MasterReplicasAT-ATSEdisplay-1.jpg

Some pics of the original ILM Imperial AT-AT's used in ESB

absolutely awesome!!!:rock:rock:rock

Thanks Macke and Colossus! :) Getting this baby in Romania was pretty hard, but I'm glad I managed to get this since it is one of my favorite vehicles, and not just from Star Wars. But wanted this for years and I especially wanted the Signature Edition with the snow base. Unfortunately I'm one of the very few Romanian collectors...

Why is hard to be a Romanian collector:

- very few people understand your hobby
- problems with paypal (they ask Eastern Europeans to open US Bank accounts or limit the amount of money one can send/receive through paypal)
- problems with ebay (because of paypal)
- huge shipping quotes because of international transport costs
- 24% VAT tax
- budgetary salaries lowered by 25% due to crisis, this measure affecting all teachers, doctors, police, etc.
- customs charges
- problems with people thinking everyone from Eastern Europe is a thief
- foreign stores that don't ship to Romania (Star Wars Shop)
- no sci-fi or comic conventions (we can't even think of a Star Wars convention yet)
- no SW toys or rarely a few SW toys in local stores
- 99% of the trades/buying are happening outside the country

Last edited:

Why is hard to be a Romanian collector:

- very few people understand your hobby
- problems with paypal (they ask Eastern Europeans to open US Bank accounts or limit the amount of money one can send through paypal)
- problems with ebay (because of paypal)
- huge shipping quotes because of international transport costs
- 19% VAT tax (soon to be 22% or even 25%)
- customs charges
- problems with people thinking everyone from Eastern Europe is a thief
- foreign stores that don't ship to Romania (Star Wars Shop)
- no sci-fi or comic conventions (we can't even think of a Star Wars convention yet)
- no SW toys or rarely a few SW toys in local stores
- 99% of the trades/buying are happening outside the country

wow Jkno, with all this problems you got such a big collection?? :clapcongrats, you have to have al lot of patience. But you can believe me,
shipping and customs and VAT are also very expensive in Germany:(

Last edited:

Thanks Macke and Colossus! Coming from a country that was under communist rule for about 40 years, means that it was hard to get into collecting back then. Even after the communist regime fell (1990) it is still hard to get collectibles in Romania for the reasons enumerated above. Only Dracula can help :D

Master Replicas Emperor's Cane & Cloak Clasp, got this for a really good price about two years ago - this still needs to be displayed at the new house, right now it is at the small apartment where I live now together with a few other props and replicas and statues:

MREmperorPalpatineCaneClasp07.jpg

MREmperorPalpatineCaneClasp14.jpg

MREmperorPalpatineCaneClasp09.jpg

Last edited:
Back