•SPettersenart• "Mr. Chain-Blue Lightning" (Josey Wales) Status: SHIPPING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: •SPettersenart• "Mr. Chain-Blue Lightning" (Josey Wales) Status: SHIPPING

Tough choice for the Duke with so many great movies. I would love to see Ethan, Chance, and Rooster in that order :wink1:

Same here. Love them all, but Ethan would be my choice.

Such great news Scott and thank you. Another most wanted character that fans want is this guy:

450px-OnceUponATimeInTheWest-Review-Close-01.jpg
Harmonica is definitely a must and also Henry Fonda as Frank too.:wink1: You know I'm in for a Wayne figure just like you Keith. My first choice would definitely be from The Searchers.:yess:

Yeah buddy, I'm in for a Frank and Harmonica :lecture

Also, I think The Searchers is the way to go if there can only be one Duke, but I would definitely love to see Chance and Rooster made too :lol Those three would be such an amazing shelf and be a dream come true :pray:

How about Cahill U.S. Marshall or Hondo? I love the last photo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 66

Hondo with the dog would be an excellent choice too. I think if I was gonna choose an older Duke then Rooster would be my first choice in True Grit, or J.B. in The Shootist.

51WoD4wlUyL._SX342_.jpg

Did somebody say Harmonica and Frank? My most wanted figures.

I'd probably be in for a Duke from The Searchers, too.

I like The Shootist, but he is a little too old for the best representation of Wayne as far as a figure goes, in my opinion.

I like The Shootist, but he is a little too old for the best representation of Wayne as far as a figure goes, in my opinion.

I agree. I would much prefer Rooster if an older Duke gets made. Not taking anything away from his other 70s outfits cause I love them all and would take anything made. I mean, I would love a Big Jake, Chisum, and Cahill. The list is endless for me cause I want them all :lol

Also, not sure if I ever posted this one on the thread. :)

15712607780_473dd7e826_c.jpg

Harmonica would definitely be an awesome release. Also one to consider is Charlie Burns (Guy Pearce) from "The Proposition":

original.jpg

Chisum would be good too!

I haven't seen many of John Wayne's films so I'll have to watch The Searchers.
Yes, Harmonica and Frank are some of those "other western characters" I was talking about! Just watched Once Upon a Time in the West again a couple of days ago. Like it more and more every time I see it!
The Proposition is definitely a fantastic movie, Ed! I could be wrong but it may be a bit too obscure to have the interest needed for a figure run though. Any of you guys that are into westerns and haven't seen it yet, you should really check it out!

Best- S.

Glad to hear Harmonica and Frank could be under consideration in the future but it's like a slap to the face when those two are mentioned and Cheyenne is continually missed out! First fell in love with that movie as a kid and my opinion still hasn't changed: Cheyenne is the heart and soul of the whole thing, the one fully developed character (and the part where his theme tune slows down and momentarily pauses as he snuffs it still gets me even now).

Scott, have you ever seen High Noon?

Glad to hear Harmonica and Frank could be under consideration in the future but it's like a slap to the face when those two are mentioned and Cheyenne is continually missed out! First fell in love with that movie as a kid and my opinion still hasn't changed: Cheyenne is the heart and soul of the whole thing, the one fully developed character (and the part where his theme tune slows down and momentarily pauses as he snuffs it still gets me even now).

I like Cheyenne too and agree Morricone is genius with the score. If there is lots of interest in the trio then I'd certainly consider it but doesn't seem like there would be. My guess is there may not even be enough interest in Frank.

Scott, have you ever seen High Noon?

No, I haven't seen it. Must be good? I haven't really delved into the older B&W classic westerns much.

Best- S.

High Noon with Gary Cooper (Will Kane) was long considered the best western made. Lloyd Bridges as his deputy is great in his role.

I would be in for a trio, duo, or just Harmonica. I'd really hope people would at least consider the duo - Frank is Leone's best villain and I love the visual contrast between Harmonica's bright clothing and Frank's bad-guy black.

I'd go for a Harmonica for sure!
OUTITW is one of my favorite westerns.
Frank (Henry Fonda) would be great!

Back