Steve Rogers Army Uniform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laney74

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
In anticipation of a Hot Toys Steve Rogers / Chris Evans HS, I'm putting together a body based on Cap in regular army uniform and eventually an alumina shield (plain silver).

f8e9c262.jpg

543064_296876777063142_100002224677271_649779_409086507_n.jpg

I've got a lot of the gear collected, but need a little advise from anyone who has any idea about US military symbols

What I've ID so far

Camp Lehigh badges x2 - I'll need to make these
16.jpg

Army Presidental Unit Citation
apuc.jpg

Combat Infantryman Badge
cib.gif

Parachutist Badge
para.gif

Last edited:
Then there's the symbols - which I'm a little unsure about

This is what I think they are-

American Defence Medal - not sure about this one (on right chest)
adm.jpg

What is the symbol on the left side of his right pocket
white bands with a purple in the middle???

Legion of Merit
lom.jpg

or

Purple Heart?
https://0.tqn.com/d/usmilitary/1/0/K/v/3/ph.jpg

My plan is to put all of this onto a Major Richards DiD uniform - its basically already got everything, just need to change the major to Captains badges
A80069-47%5B1%5D.jpg

My plan is to put all of this onto a Major Richards DiD uniform - its basically already got everything, just need to change the major to Captains badges

Yeah I was gonna say, looking at that pic and not being 100% familiar with the screen accurate costume the figure's get-up in that pic looks good to me. Slap on a Chris Evans sculpt and you're good to go. iunno.. looks like you got everything in place and a solid plan.

I just hope you're not disappointed if HT..

1. Doesn't release another Cap figure (which I doubt) or..

2. Doesn't release a Chris Evans portrait WITH a removable helmet.

Wouldn't do your custom much good with the head sculpt having a permanent helmet. :lol

Good luck!

Starting to put Capt Rogers together - used a Thor body, but legs are a little long - using the Maj Richards boots and HT feet he is taller than Thor - but the body looks great in the suit - I'm going to need a Dastan/Royce body for this

Also building the shield - I've made the shield itself, but need to fill a couple of holes created in the laser engraving process and then paint again - I used a lathe to create radial brush marks in the acrylic surface - paintings trticky, can't put it on to thick or a lose the brushed effect.

Last edited:
Looking great so far. I'm with you, I loved the military outfits and especially the t-shirt with the eagle on it that has the same wings as the ones on the sides of Cap's head gear. I want them all and I hope Hot Toys can do it. If not then there are plenty of 1/6 companies out there making great 1/6 WWII uniforms.

Looking gooood so far! Hopefully, they will release a headsculpt for ya!

Are you going to make the winged symbols on his collar? They aren't the same ones as Maj. Richards came with. They are unique to the film. I've got a set of 1/1 if you need ref. pics.

The shoulder badges are ranks, the upper collars the "US" badges, the lower collar are the branch badges (a non-existant real life badge), the chest you got all correct.

The shoulder badges are ranks, the upper collars the "US" badges, the lower collar are the branch badges (a non-existant real life badge), the chest you got all correct.

Correct! The non-existent lower collar badges are what I was referring to.

Correct! The non-existent lower collar badges are what I was referring to.

I've got Captains rank badges on the shoulders,

The US ones are on top of collar.

I bought a heap of metallic us army pins. I think from the Bowman set from DiD (I think). I ended up using 2 small eagles wings pins, with a metallic ring stuck on behind them to make the SSR pin on the lower collar.

I bought a heap of metallic us army pins. I think from the Bowman set from DiD (I think). I ended up using 2 small eagles wings pins, with a metallic ring stuck on behind them to make the SSR pin on the lower collar.

NICE!!!:hi5:

Then there's the symbols - which I'm a little unsure about

This is what I think they are-

American Defence Medal - not sure about this one (on right chest)
adm.jpg

What is the symbol on the left side of his right pocket
white bands with a purple in the middle???

Legion of Merit
lom.jpg

or

Purple Heart?
https://0.tqn.com/d/usmilitary/1/0/K/v/3/ph.jpg

No he didn't, the second award is the Purple heart. You can see in those pics that it is the deeper purple the PH is, vs the reddish purple the LOM is. The Legion of Merit is the 5th highest medal the Army awards, and pretty much Generals and Sergeant Majors get awarded it after about damn near 30 years of service. Even as brave as Cap is, he's just a little too young to wear a LOM.

The first medal is the American Defense Medal (which is correct for the movie uniform), however it was awarded from 8 September 1939 to 7 December 1941 for service members who served on active duty for a period of 12 months or longer, which Cap didn't :slap

Gotta love Hollywood wardrobe designers who can't use a freaking search engine on the internet.

*- Looking at the pics again and noticed on the Purple heart, he has the bronze star.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:purpleHeartCase.jpg

Last edited:
Back