DC Direct Re-releasing Batman Black & White Mignola Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kicksplode

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
bm_bw_mignola_variant.jpg

BATMAN BLACK & WHITE STATUE: BATMAN BY MIKE MIGNOLA (VARIANT)
DESIGNED BY MIKE MIGNOLA
SCULPTED BY JONATHAN MATTHEWS
A classic statue is back!
Mike Mignola’s unique vision for BATMAN BLACK & WHITE was a sell-out success in 2006! Now, due to popular demand, DC Direct has updated the statue with an oval chest symbol and a new white base.
Cold-cast in porcelain, the statue measures approximately 7.5” high x 4.75” wide x 3” deep, is painted in monochromatic tones, features a Bat-logo-shaped base and is packaged in a black and white box.
Limited Edition.
On sale February 15, 2012 * Statue * $95 US

I'm excited. The Mignola statue was always my favorite of the line, but by the time I had the disposable income to devote to collecting statues it was way too expensive. I'm not crazy about the modifications they made on this version, but I'm still buying the heck out of this.

awesome! i've been kicking myself since 2006 for not getting the first release!

wow the one valuable statue i had in the whole series will now be taking a nosedive.

No doubt... way to screw over the collectors. At least its got some differences, but not really enough to make it a completely unique piece.

That being said I'll still probably buy it as I've really wanted this piece :rock

well well, there's a mignola for everyone now. i've got a feeling there's some version 1s going to be out on ebay anytime soon..

this is insane.. DC Direct please give your DC license to Sideshow.. You are running out of ideas

Finally. This is the only one i want and am missing from my B&W collection. Thanks DCD. You made my day

So, I guess now a re-release of HT IM Mark I and III is not an utopian thought any more!

The old Mignola is/was selling at an overwhelming price on the bay. It is so-not-fair for people who have purchased it for 4-5 times more than the original price. The old one will now be the next Mark II v1.

Anyways, good for those who did not purchase the first run.

Last edited:
I think design wise it's different enough to keep the original at decent prices. I think I still prefer the first version.

I actually think it's the best Batman B&W statue that they've ever done. Seeing it in person makes a huge difference. It's a 3-dimensional sculpture that's painted, very effectively, to look like a 2D image. It's a really intriguing optical illusion.

I actually think it's the best Batman B&W statue that they've ever done. Seeing it in person makes a huge difference. It's a 3-dimensional sculpture that's painted, very effectively, to look like a 2D image. It's a really intriguing optical illusion.

Exactly. It's a really neat way of converting Mignola's style to 3D.

Every - single - time I've seen this statue, it's never failed to trick my eyes. So well done.

So, I guess now a re-release of HT IM Mark I and III is not an utopian thought any more!

The old Mignola is/was selling at an overwhelming price on the bay. It is so-not-fair for people who have purchased it for 4-5 times more than the original price. The old one will now be the next Mark II v1.

Anyways, good for those who did not purchase the first run.

Uhhhhh...didn't they already do another M III...:huh

1IronMan_Mark3BattleDamaged.jpg

Photo courtesy of Wookster

Back