Darth Maul HS(pg.23), rusted lightsaber(pg.27)... and other my customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I present you my first sculpting ever! (Even in the school I didn't sculpting from plasticine). This I made from Milliput (grey-yellow) and use acrylic colours.
And I know, I have some mistake here. It's little bit oversized, likeness of head with Sebastian Shaw is poor, some thick line,... but I'm satisfied with myself - this was my first time and I will tell, that looks good (for me) for first time :D

760d21c29e_74537266_o1.jpg

236b1e201a_74537269_o1.jpg

980cb32095_74537270_o1.jpg

282890c1d4_74537262_o1.jpg

3e36b8419c_74537261_o1.jpg

a4640bdcc1_74537294_o1.jpg

b54e2e4916_74537298_o1.jpg

ca184a7afc_74537328_o1.jpg

a49c644a89_74537324_o1.jpg

For view progress and more click here (Zobrazit vše = View all)

Last edited:
Re: Vader's head without helmet and other things by elar

Not too Shabby for a first ever sculpt ears could be a bit thinner but all in all nice first job, I tried to scuplt a head and used rex ssc head as my model and by the time i got to his eyes he looked like bozo the clown lol, so I just stick to modding exisiting heads lol.

and the holster came out great, good job man.

Thanks ;) I don't have other head to mod, so I start from nothing...only aluminium foil and straw ;) And I know, I don't have it too thin, but I afraid sometimes from break it.

When I received cold cathodes, I will continue in custom ;)

Oww great for your first sculpt!! I cant sculpt for toffee! But I know how chuffin hard it is so nice one mate. Love the stormie holster and you used a sewing machine!! COOOLLLLL. where did you get the mini velcro? I can only find thick heavy stuff.

For a first sculpt you did a fine job! Did you do the neck piece as well?

Oww great for your first sculpt!! I cant sculpt for toffee! But I know how chuffin hard it is so nice one mate. Love the stormie holster and you used a sewing machine!! COOOLLLLL. where did you get the mini velcro? I can only find thick heavy stuff.
Not sewing machine, I sew it by hand ;) And velcro cut off from trousers, which I still wearing :D Figures is for me more important than clothes=D

For a first sculpt you did a fine job! Did you do the neck piece as well?
No, just head(which have hole thanks big straw) and collar from helmet.

But I plan do it again after some time and experience.

And thanks guys for nice words! From you I take them with BIG HONOR!

:panic:

I used to tell myself that my first sculpt wasn't that bad... "Better than what most could do on their first try, right? " I thought.

:slap And then I see this.

I'm not going to lie, this isn't quite a perfect sculpt, but it is about 100 times closer to the likeness you were going for, and 100 times as realistic as my first sculpt.

Well done! :clap After a few more sculpts, you could be sculpting as well as unsung hero or Gippetto!

Thanks men, mainly you Dude :D It's nice to reading ;) In my mind I play with idea to make Darth Bane figure.....I love this person and I never seen him anywhere! Only don't know, if made him only in tunic or make him with Orbalisk armor...He will be for me very long road - buy body, gloves (or make gloves?), make tunic (or buy other and mod it?), sculp head...result can be for me amazing, but how I write it here...to Summer I will not have enough time :D And other project I want make - cathodes custom sabers, mod hasbro R2(with utility arms) and maybe, when I received new Yoda I will want make him some present? Buying 12inch figures and make custom is really nasty addict!

:lol I know what you mean elar! I think a lot of us here are addicted to 1/6 figures... Myself included!

And a 1/6 Darth Bane could be awesome! I can't wait to see what you do with him. :) Perhaps you could find time before Summer to work on him a bit.... :naughty

:panic:

I used to tell myself that my first sculpt wasn't that bad... "Better than what most could do on their first try, right? " I thought.

:slap And then I see this.

I'm not going to lie, this isn't quite a perfect sculpt, but it is about 100 times closer to the likeness you were going for, and 100 times as realistic as my first sculpt.

Well done! :clap After a few more sculpts, you could be sculpting as well as unsung hero or Gippetto!

hey now don't be so hard on yourself man! trust me, there's a reason I never showed anyone my first attempt at resculpting SSC's Legolas :lol I made him look like he was well on his way to about 300 pounds not to mention I was using some cheap air dry clay that cracked more than ice with a Sumo Wrestle on top :slap :lol and yet I was like "yea that kind of looks like him"

it's a learning process and with each attempt you get better :wink1:
I'm playing with the fact of just literally slicing off the face of my Legolas and starting new with all that I've learned since last summer

Thanks men, mainly you Dude :D It's nice to reading ;) In my mind I play with idea to make Darth Bane figure.....I love this person and I never seen him anywhere! Only don't know, if made him only in tunic or make him with Orbalisk armor...He will be for me very long road - buy body, gloves (or make gloves?), make tunic (or buy other and mod it?), sculp head...result can be for me amazing, but how I write it here...to Summer I will not have enough time :D And other project I want make - cathodes custom sabers, mod hasbro R2(with utility arms) and maybe, when I received new Yoda I will want make him some present? Buying 12inch figures and make custom is really nasty addict!

To what's in bold, I play with tons of custom ideas too, man! If only I had the money there would be tons of custom figures in my display. There's Cobb and Arthur from Inception, Victor from Xmen Origins, John Dillinger and Melvin Pervis from Public Enemies, Selene from Underworld, I mean the list goes on!
like I said above though, this (Vader) is definitely a lot better than my first attempt at sculpting. Just keep at it mate! you'll learn a lot and get better as you go! Can't wait to see more from you man!

:1-1: Oh men, you're so kind to me. I will blush :D :1-1: After your words I more enjoy on my next work :D Now I'm thinking about Luke's Endor set (helmet, poncho, handcuffs) and maybe buy Hasbro speederbike with scout tooper and mod it, and also I want have at home Mara Jade figure :D But I don't have time and money... (but Endor set will be for "free" =D ) But at first I'm waiting on my envelope with scold cathode and I will shining :rotfl

Damn :D I need new batch of my fav. drug - I want new figure and custom! :panic: :panic:

To what's in bold, I play with tons of custom ideas too, man! If only I had the money there would be tons of custom figures in my display. There's Cobb and Arthur from Inception, Victor from Xmen Origins, John Dillinger and Melvin Pervis from Public Enemies, Selene from Underworld, I mean the list goes on!
like I said above though, this (Vader) is definitely a lot better than my first attempt at sculpting. Just keep at it mate! you'll learn a lot and get better as you go! Can't wait to see more from you man!
Selen will be sexy ;)

Last edited:

Oww yes the plastic dollie drug claims yet another!! Welcome mooohhhaaahhhhhaaaaaaa!!!!

The scout stuff is a great mod to do and the bike is great to repaint.

and I am glad to hear you sewed the holster by hand! Looks great.. I hope you have a belt for your trousers or you could be strolling around Prague with them round your ankles!!!

Dorgmal, I wear it at home, so here isn't problem with falling trousers :D

And I'm really thinking about speeder bike, it can looks very good on shelves.....but I said to me "Buy Yoda and take pause with buying other toys!" :D I hate, when I lie to myself :D

Re: Vader's head without helmet and other things(Update pg.2) by elar

Vader's head after flat clear varnish

b7648c6ee6_74688680_o1.jpg

34e69c598b_74688689_o1.jpg

e2fcf48282_74688694_o1.jpg

And I finished Luke's handcuffs

3930f6d383_74688502_o1.jpg

0afed9973a_74688512_o1.jpg

nice cuffs! how'd make them? sculpting?

and Vader looks better with the flat coat on there!

nice cuffs! how'd make them? sculpting?

and Vader looks better with the flat coat on there!

Yep, two stripes around test tube from milliput and squares are from paper.

And thanks! Mainly from you. Flat coat looks more realistic than shiny paint before...

That's really not bad for a first sculpt elar.

My advice to you though is this - get yourself some Super Sculpey! It's much better to use than Milliput and it doesn't go hard until you bake it, so you can keep working on it until you are happy.

Back