Help fixing a foam Rancor finger nail

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avfin

GONK LIVES
Reaction score
I have an Illusive Concepts Rancor that I purchased a few years ago on Ebay. I am setting up my Star Wars theme room , and when I pulled Rancor out of box one of his nails on left hand was dangling. It is still attached but about 2/3 is not . As you know this is a latex foam piece--What is the best way to reconnect this nail?
I am thinking glue of some kind, but would appreciate any help from my Freak friends who know about his stuff.
Thank you!!!

There are several ways to approach this. Do you want "quick and dirty" or something more controlled. The former relies on the hobbyists friend;cyanno-acrylate, better known as Super-Glue. There are many brands available, some better than others. The best for hobby purposes is IMHO Zal-a-gap. They make several different grades, from water thin to a semi-gel. For this job you would use either the thick stuff or the flexible grade.
The controlled, and best, approach would be latex itself. A careful application of liquid Latex on both surfaces will repair it nicely. You will have to watch it until it sets(hence the "controlled" label)There will be a bit of excess that you can wipe away before things get too sticky. Curing can be accelerated with a hair dryer used VERY carefully.The advantage here is that you are repairing the piece with the same material that it's made from, so you aren't introducing new materials. Work carefully and the repair will be practically invisible.
Hope this helped...PS

There are several ways to approach this. Do you want "quick and dirty" or something more controlled. The former relies on the hobbyists friend;cyanno-acrylate, better known as Super-Glue. There are many brands available, some better than others. The best for hobby purposes is IMHO Zal-a-gap. They make several different grades, from water thin to a semi-gel. For this job you would use either the thick stuff or the flexible grade.
The controlled, and best, approach would be latex itself. A careful application of liquid Latex on both surfaces will repair it nicely. You will have to watch it until it sets(hence the "controlled" label)There will be a bit of excess that you can wipe away before things get too sticky. Curing can be accelerated with a hair dryer used VERY carefully.The advantage here is that you are repairing the piece with the same material that it's made from, so you aren't introducing new materials. Work carefully and the repair will be practically invisible.
Hope this helped...PS

Thank you so much---I think I want to go the Latex way, as the Rancor is in prefect condition.
Is there a latex I should get and do I get it from a hobby store?

He's got you with the glue but something I've learned from my armor is GOOD masking tape. Anywhere you don't want that glue just put some really good masking tape to cover it. When the glue is hard you can remove the tape and you don't need to worry about drips or anything left over.

It's very easy to have glue on your fingers when you are working so it's good to protect other areas of the Rancor.

He's got you with the glue but something I've learned from my armor is GOOD masking tape. Anywhere you don't want that glue just put some really good masking tape to cover it. When the glue is hard you can remove the tape and you don't need to worry about drips or anything left over.

It's very easy to have glue on your fingers when you are working so it's good to protect other areas of the Rancor.

Cool thanks

Back