Halloween 78 Michael Myers by Darth Magnus and Silent Surfer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like me and Deckard were working on the same project this past weekend. Now one of my all time favorite horror grails is complete! I couldnt have done it without the awesome help of some of my fellow freaks on this board. Much love to Silentsurfer, One's customs, Q and Dark Passenger for all the help on making this piece come together. Hope you guys like it!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qV81p6n1Z_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qV81p6n1Z_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

About the price of your average Hot Toys Figure.

Thanks for all the props guys! Definitely one of my all time faves!

So then, here's the real question. If talented customizers can bash a perfect figure---what keeps getting lost in the translation with people who are supposed to be the "pros"? People who pay big bucks for a license and then go and put out something that looks like ca-ca? I would pay the average Hot Toys price for a Meyers that looks as good as yours.:clap

I would love a Carpenter M.Myers from the OG Halloween. Why can't anyone get it right?

So then, here's the real question. If talented customizers can bash a perfect figure---what keeps getting lost in the translation with people who are supposed to be the "pros"? People who pay big bucks for a license and then go and put out something that looks like ca-ca? I would pay the average Hot Toys price for a Meyers that looks as good as yours.:clap

I guess it could happen nowadays. Just back when SS released their 12 inch Myers the 1/6 game wasnt where it is today. Plus a company like Hot Toys just isnt touching Horror figs at the moment, if at all. But we can all pray it will happen someday.......................Until then, as long as there are great sculptors like One's Customs and SilentSurfer doing their thing to help us collectors get what we want Im perfectly fine with that!:)

Around the same time as the SS Myers, they had released a 12" Freddy and Leatherface, and both of those look just fine. I suspect they didn't have the rights to sculpt a proper Shatneresque likeness.

Whatever the case, their version is not even in the same class as the one on display here.

Around the same time as the SS Myers, they had released a 12" Freddy and Leatherface, and both of those look just fine. I suspect they didn't have the rights to sculpt a proper Shatneresque likeness.

Whatever the case, their version is not even in the same class as the one on display here.

I have Leatherface, Freddy, Jason part 3 and Michael. I am happy with the others, but yes----Michael stinks.:slap

I have those three, but no Myers. Totally love Freddy, Jason 3 and Leatherface. But just had no interest in Michael Myers because it looks terrible. But this custom looks awesome. If sideshow (or anybody) made one that looked like that i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Back