Cheap Vader!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you enter a 5 dollar Vader raffle?

• Yes

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Maybe- (Why?)

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Would you pay 5 dollars for a chance to win an exclusive Darth Vader?
This poll is to see if how many would be interested.

The Vader & Mouse Droid and in question is mine, and the raffle's legitimacy would be guaranteed by a webcam of the preparation and draw.

The goal is to sell 150 tickets, with possibly one of the these two features: buy some, get some free or free shipping.

--
I've decided I just won't do the raffle. There's not enough interest, but far too much distrust also. That's life.

Last edited:
no, there's no way to know if it is done fairly and you get what you pay for.

If I didn't already have him, and (most importantly) if I could be present for the drawing of the winner. I can't think of a time that I have ever paid for a raffle ticket, regardless of the prize.

Maybe if Tom (and a few select others on this board) were doing it I would but that would be it.

It would depend. Are you considering raffling off your Vader? I'd give you $5 to help you out and for a chance to win. :)

Quite possibly, depends on whats the dealy-o is and all that........:monkey5 :monkey5
theverse

The problem is indeed: can you be sure that's it's honest?
Is the winner a friend? Are all the numbers in it?
That's the questions you can except.

Excellent idea to have a live webcam of the drawing! That would probably help some folks feel more comfortable putting their names in for a fair chance at winning.

Yeah I would put in 5 dollars,but only if there was a 100% fair and faithful way to get it done......I dont see how that can really be done with a webcam over the net!

Not that I am going to enter but I would feel confident in one of a few board members to do the drawing and have no doubts about the validity of the results.

A seperate independant board member to do the actual drawing could be an answer.

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
A seperate independant board member to do the actual drawing could be an answer.

No, the BEST thing to do is to base the drawing on an independent event. For example, the 1st Powerball lottery number drawn on a particular day.

If this were a charity thing, then sure, based upon the legitimacy of the actual drawing. I myself kinda like the random number power ball idea...

If you are in a pinch and just looking to raise funds, as long as you are forthright about it, I could send along a fiver...

As long as things are handled on the up and up, I don't see why not.

For me it'd be dependant; if it's for a charity, then I yes. If you're just looking to sell your's then maybe. I noticed you're looking to sell 150 tickets, at $5 each that's $750. If you were going to sell enough tickets to get back what you paid, then I'd say yes. If you were to be forthright and say you're just looking to sell and want to make money off of it; I'd respect your gangsta and buy a ticket; but if you beat around the bush with it, then no.

Back