What is a Hot Toys Superman figure going for?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanShouXMA

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a Hot Toys Superman Returns figure (Not the 2 in 1 Superman) for a little bit now and was just wondering what it is going for at the moment. I've seen some on eBay for $340 but those have been there for weeks and weeks now with no one biting. Does anyone know how much one is worth?

Also the same goes for the HT Clark Kent any info on that as well?

Surely worth setting at your minimum acceptable figure and running a bidding auction?

sorry... I dont get what you are saying or asking. I'm looking to purchase a Superman Return figure, but don't know what is a reasonable price for one.

sorry... I dont get what you are saying or asking. I'm looking to purchase a Superman Return figure, but don't know what is a reasonable price for one.

It's all about your own gut feeling, if you think it's too high a price then I would not pay it.

I see most of the Clark and Superman sets go for about $400.
I think that's too much for my tastes, especially as the quality is not as good as current figures Hot Toys produce

yeah the one I saw on eBay were Superman only no Clark Kent and going for $340. That is way too much for my taste. It just sucks no one here is selling a Superman Returns figure. I think I'd go $200 most maybe a little more.

I have one with head repainted by DarkArtist to look even more like Brandon Routh that I had for sale at one point for $250. Not sure I want to part with it now, though.

$150-175.

And yes, he is the best Superman figure ever made in any medium.
:lecture:lecture

JorEl5.jpg

Superman v1 and Clark go for 150-175, as Face said. 2 in 1 is running 250 or so. I've had them all at one point or another. v1 Superman is cool, but I wasn't a fan of the sculpt. Clark is an amazing figure and comes with two sculpts, both are nice. 2 in 1 is my favorite. The sculpt looks nothing like Routh but overall it's just the best Superman figure I've ever seen. He represents Superman more then Superman Returns as a film to me.

picture.php

Wait for an auction and don't jump on an outrageous BIN price.... Seen Original Suit Batman figs going for silly ass prices.... auctions are always the way to go.

Last edited:
I managed to get a loose 2-in-1 head and clark kent head last year on ebay to replace my original HT Superman head. Every once in awhile, one of them ebay shops will part out the figure. Just have to have patience.

I've heard mixed reviews then. I've read that the version 1 is the best now I hear the 2 in 1 is the best. Is the above picture the 2 in 1?

The one standing over Hulk is the 2-in-1, the one with Jor-El is the regular release. The regular Superman release actually has a very good Routh sculpt, but the factory paint job sucks. I also have a Dark Artist repainted version, and I love it. I also have the 2-in-1, which I also love. They are both worth getting, but right out of the box with no repaint, I think the 2-in-1 version is the way to go.

Here are some of my (admittedly crappy) comparison pics (left is 2-in-1, right is DA repainted regular Superman):

DSCN1794.jpg

DSCN1796.jpg

Yeah, you might have to pay $150 or so for the V1 or $250+ for the 2-in-1, but neither of those are far removed from MSRP for newer Hot Toys releases. Given that this is the single most iconic super hero around, and these are the very best toy versions of him out there in my opinion (next to the Minimates :) ), it is not a bad deal either way.

Going by your pics I think I like the V1 costume better. Not a fan of the studded suit. Is the 2 in 1 version bigger (buffer) then the V1 version.

V1 is wearing speedos, V2 outerundies look much better. V2 factory paint and sculpt is superior, especially the eyes.

The studs on the 2 in 1 aren't as big/noticable in person plus they look more like the suit did on film.

Does anybody here know where I can still get both the V1 & the 2 in 1 supes at those prices?

Sorry fo being unclear. I'll pay $180 fo V1 & $260 for the 2 in 1 version, as long as it is in mint condition.

Looking at what they're going for on ebay right now I doubt it. But you can always do what I'm doing and wait.

You're probably right. Let's wait & hopefully some eBay sellers would let go at decent prices.

Back