What is a Hot Toys Superman figure going for?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I think the price on the V1 Supes listed there is a bit high (I've seen them sell for closer to $110-120) and the 2-in-1 is a bit low (seen them go for over $300). But, the market is a fickle creature. Who knows what something is worth at a given time.

Here is a 2-in-1 for what I think is a reasonable price:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Super...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439bb6ddd9

I got reasonable deals on both of mine, but it did require a lot of waiting and frequent checking of newly listed BIN eBay auctions. I probably would have jumped on the above auction if I didn't already acquire mine.

This figure will be even more essential when Hot Toys inevitably releases the Green Lantern from that film.

Yeah I found that one just now but with the holiday season around the corner I"m giong to have to pass unfortunately... Hopefully I could find one after the holiday season. I already have a HT Two-face I need to pay for. I can't over load myself.

V1 is wearing speedos, V2 outerundies look much better. V2 factory paint and sculpt is superior, especially the eyes.

:lecture To add to that, V1's undies ride up on the hips (I can't believe I just typed that) and look goofy. I guess some peps get worked up over the likeness of Routh in the two versions but as far as overall quality of the head sculpt, (texture, quality of the production piece, paint, etc.) 2in1 really is light years better, overall. I sold my V1 and I'm happy I did.

The studs on the 2 in 1 aren't as big/noticable in person plus they look more like the suit did on film.

It looks of a much higher standard then the v1 suit.

Hi SanShouXMA, I just read this thread, and I think the other head sculpt from the Clart Kent is better than Superman V1 except for the funny eyebrow. Maybe you can try to hunt this at ebay.

supermanhead.jpg

I done alot of repaint & rewash (not a professional artist), and finally manged to achieve a repaint head of my prefered version.

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

I'm a big fan of the CK head though. Here he is with glasses removed plugged on the 2-in-1 CK suit.

and a bang up PS job I did with the 2-in-1 version.

i own the 2in1 superman and i love it!!

bought it from a member on here..well worth the price if you a big superman fan! great figure!

Thanks karamazov. I PM'ed him right after you posted that and he was already in talks with another member to sell it. I'm a huge Superman fan and not a single person here is selling one. UGH!!!! I've been scowling evilbay for one and all the ones right now are going for 400+ there's one auction thats approaching $300!!! Is this how much they're worth now or is it because it's Christmas? I am dying for one. All I can think of is the Superman 2 in 1 all day long. I go on my phone and surf ebay check here and several other boards. It's a problem really...:duh:duh:duh

I caved in and paid $400 for my 2 in 1. I love this version better then my V1. I agree the head sculpt is way better on the 2 in 1.

Back