• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New commerce rule

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
From now on - you not only need 50 posts to post in the For Sale forum, but you need to be an active member in good standing for 3 months before you'll be allowed to sell anything in here.

The rules for the Want to Buy section have not changed.

nice rule dave, glad to see this implemented.

How about 50 posts spread within 3 mths, at least it show that you're an active member. ;)

Imagine, previous arrangement of 50 posts... you can do that within the first hr after signing up.

Imagine, previous arrangement of 50 posts... you can do that within the first hr after signing up.

If someone posts up a thread selling stuff with 50 posts (give or take) whoever Mods this section should check to see when all those posts were made. If they were all generally made around the same time and ESPECIALLY if once that magic number of 50 was hit the first thing that person did was hot foot it to this section to sell/buy then they should be Banned.

You can tell who's actually joining to be a part of the community and who has alterior motives. I'm an S.Mod on another site (unrelated to this kind of stuff, Collectables) and I deal with this all the time (Spammers/Advertisers/Self Promoters/Leechers).

Look through the posts, if they're all generally "yeah" or "lol" or "I agree" etc. it's pretty obvious. I honestly think it should be: 500 posts and/or 6 months as an active member in order to use this section.

This area isn't a right, it's a privilege. For active, contributing members of the community.

From now on - you not only need 50 posts to post in the For Sale forum, but you need to be an active member in good standing for 3 months before you'll be allowed to sell anything in here.

Does "good standing" simply mean "not suspended" or is there a little more to it?

It means they need to post a pic of their feet to ensure no-one has a wooden leg

Duurrr !

Argh! That's discrimination! :mad:

bnwpiratepeglegjpg.jpg

Back