3 Bowen statues over Iron Man 1:1 bust, or vice versa?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-1188

Super Freak
Reaction score
I fell into a dilemma and I was hoping to get out of this. Since I find myself with a limited budget right now I must choose wether to get a set of 3 Bowen statues which are the Wolverine brown museum statue, and the upcoming Modern age and Hulkbuster Iron Man statues or choose to get the Sideshow life size Iron Man bust which happens to be still available for order at my retailer.

What is your advice?

Iron Man 1:1

I guess it really depends on display space.

The one thing that baffles me is that according to Sideshow's specs: The IM 1:1 Bust weighs ~30 lbs. Now don't get me wrong. That's no lightweight. But from the gallery photos, I expected this thing to weigh a ton!

quality > quantity

Unfortunately, I didn't adopt that philosophy until after I had the epiphany that I owned way too much "clutter." But after trimming the collection down quite a bit, I'm finally satisfied.

So yes, MinMay, I completely agree. :lecture

yep, I have learned that philophy from my other hobbies.

I can't wait to put the bust in my Besta :joy

Unfortunately, I didn't adopt that philosophy until after I had the epiphany that I owned way too much "clutter." But after trimming the collection down quite a bit, I'm finally satisfied.

So yes, MinMay, I completely agree. :lecture

yep, I have learned that philophy from my other hobbies.

I can't wait to put the bust in my Besta :joy

I'll admit that I did not order this piece, but I'm excited to see pics of it in various collections. If it passes the "test," I'll probably pick one up on the secondary market.............................

I have a feeling I'll end up owning one of these. :lol

Alrighty, then I'll aim for the bust. Hopefully I'll get back to the statues later. Thank you all for your advice.

i would take the 3 Bowen statues. The three statues you have listed look really, really good. The 1:1 Iron Man is awesome in it's own respect, but I think that woudl take up too much space and unless you are nuts about Iron Man or collect the 1:1 stuff, it may not fit in too well with the collection.

i would take the 3 Bowen statues. The three statues you have listed look really, really good. The 1:1 Iron Man is awesome in it's own respect, but I think that woudl take up too much space and unless you are nuts about Iron Man or collect the 1:1 stuff, it may not fit in too well with the collection.

Well, I'm a Stan Winston fan, IM is one of my most liked Marvel characters (Batman's my no.1 though), and I love suit designs. As for space, I don't think that will be a problem since my bedroom is quite hollow, I still have to get a custom display cabinet to fill in the void and that's where I'm thinking of placing the bust in.

Last edited:
Back