Hot Toys Making The Matrix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys Matrix DX?

• Neo with lobby scene, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Neo with Reloaded and real world outfits

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trinity with Matrix and real world outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Morpheus with Matrix, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Agent Smith with Matrix and Bane outfits/heads

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Twins (nuff said!)

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
I see Hot Toys wants my other kidney.

More seriously, can you imagine how insane a HT Sentinel would be?

Are there many examples of HT doing one-off collctibles, or does his mean we might get officially licensed 1:6 stuff?

WOW!

I need this line.

Got the old, old HT Neo. Would love to get an upgraded set of Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith.

The sequels took the steam out of the original unfortunately...but the first Matrix was one of the best films of the 90's! (and it's a very short list)

Fortunately, I only care about a nice, high end Neo in the right costume, trench coat is the ideal, so even if there's a slew of 1/6, I can pass on all but him, unless Trin looks hot cuz I have a thing for her :lol

Fortunately, I only care about a nice, high end Neo in the right costume, trench coat is the ideal, so even if there's a slew of 1/6, I can pass on all but him, unless Trin looks hot cuz I have a thing for her :lol

Then you need Smith to stand against them...

Then you might as well get Morpheus...

And then you're in!

No one can tell you what the Matrix is...

Ok, I take it back, Smith would be clutch too, I'd totally pose a Neo-Smith battle, "I know Kung Fu", but Morpheus I can pass on, not particularly a fan of any of his looks to buy a figure. Good vs Evil and hotty is my buying choices :)

It wouldn't surprise me if they did Matrix figures but I'd definitely get at minimum get

Morpheus:

poster_laurence_full.jpg

Neo:

matrix_neo.jpg

and Agent Smith:

smith1.jpg

but only in these Matrix: Reloaded versions.

Then you need Smith to stand against them...

Then you might as well get Morpheus...

And then you're in!

No one can tell you what the Matrix is...
I've actually got decent Neo and Trinity figures from Reloaded courtesy of Triad Toys, so Morpheus really tops my list. I'd love to see what HT could do with the croc-skinned long coat of his.

I'd be hard pressed to pass up anything from this line. This is/would be close to a dream license from Hot Toys for me.

Last edited:
What makes us think there's Matrix figures anyway?

Because their logo is on the DVD package release? Maybe they just made that ship?

I'm all for it -- I hope it happens.

Ooooh, 10 post from 10,000!

What makes us think there's Matrix figures anyway?

Because their logo is on the DVD package release? Maybe they just made that ship?
It would seem odd for them to just do a model of the hovercraft and that be it, and the old unlicensed Neo figue would seem to indicate they have internal interest in the project.

I'm going out on a limb and speculate perhaps Hot Toys made some wide-ranging deal with Warner Brothers recently?

This may not amount to any 1:6 stuff, but I certainly hope this is what his will mean....

That would certainly make the Power Loader feel inferior, though I shudder to think how much an APU would cost. A Sentinel would be bad enough.

I'd love the Ducati. I've got a 1:6 New Ray 998 that I'm thinking of trying to paint up like Trin's bike. The aftermarket price on the GG 1:6 statue of Trin with the bike is certainly pretty healthy.

In any case, I would think the market would cerainly be there for Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Smith in 1:6, possibly with multiple versions. None of those figures would require much R & D, and HT has shown they're willing to tackle smaller properties with limited capacity for sales (how many Prison Break figures could they possibly have sold?); even today, I think The Matrix could do quite well for them.

I think bigger stuff is much iffier prospect and would actually require a fair amount of R&D, but if the sales are solid for hypothetical 1:6 figures we could very well see some larger items.

Last edited:
Back