Sideshow Screws Us Big Time with Samaratin 2 !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonlightdrive21

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Samaritan II has changed from a wood grip to polyurethane one!

This change is a MAJOR difference for many of us. The wood handle was one of the main reasons why many of us ordered it. Don't let it go!! Let the Sideshow management team know that they went too far this time. They need to change it back to wood out of respect for us customers who have spent thousands of dollars each on their products!!! The wood handle must be done for the Big Baby shotgun too!!

It is a disappointment for sure, and I used Rewards Points too. :monkey2

it does suck, but I dont think the worlds ending cause of it ... :monkey1

Each limited edition gun is hand crafted in dense metal with a high-grade polyurethane grip and authentic leather braid.

While disappointing it'll still be superior to the first version released.

I am bummed by the news--I liked the idea of a wooden handle. But it's how it looks that matters. I guess we will get a chance to see it in person pretty soon. (Assuming that the wood handled prototype isn't the one on display at SDCC.)

I'm still keeping mine - missed out on the first one, and even without the wood handle I still think it's going to kick ass.

One would hope that with this change and it releasing in September that at SDCC they'd have the production piece to view.

That sux for those that pre-ordered the item, especialy for those that used their reward points. I love Sideshow products but they have to stop this last minute change stuff.

I have a feeling making one or two prototypes is totally different than doing a large production. Perhaps there were too many problems and the product was inferior....I'm sure SSC would have a good explanation.....they just should let us know. As long as they don't change it from being metal...I'm still going to get it. If that changes however, then I may need to cancel.

does seem a little lame. I would expect SS to send out an official announcement, kind of liek they did with the green Dead subject 805 tactical containment change.

That does suck, but it will look just as good. Hope they still keep the metal parts metal. Maybe this just means there keeping the wooden handles for Hellboy 3 :rock Oh yeah, Hellboy 3 Woo Hoo. Yes. Yes. That's going to rock. Ahem, maybe they're keeping the wooden handles for a Hellboy 3 Samaritan. . If Hot Toys get away with it unscathed, why not Sideshow?

I think the point is... How many people put in their orders based on the fact that it was metal and real wood? I believe more than you might think.

There are some that are way too critical and hard on Sideshow. But there are also a lot of folks on here who let them off way too easily on some things. I think this might be a case of the latter. Those who have this on order (and care) should really let them hear it. If I'd ordered one I'd be ready to drop some napalm.

I heard the metal parts will be some kind of hard rubber now...:monkey1

Back