Predator 2 - Regular vs. BD. Which to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryoguns

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys-

Finally shopping around to pick up the Predator 2 figure I cancelled from Sideshow last year (dammit! :banghead) and trying to decide between the regular edition or the battle-damaged version. I thought some of you that own one (or both) might be able to offer some advice.

My understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong) was that the battle-damaged version came with everything the regular vesion did, along with the detailed medi-kit, alien skull, breathing mask, open-mandible head, and severed arm stump. Is that correct, or was the BD version short on anything the regular version had?

The only thing I'm not sold on is the green paint - everything else looks great. And of course, he could always be repainted :naughty The plus side to the BD version as-is would be that it would also be unique in my small pred collection.

Anyway, what are some thoughts from those of you who own one (or both?)

Get the Regular P2 Pred, IMO it is the best of all 3.. I know cuz I got all 3:lol!! If I had to choose between them, I would keep the Reg Version!!:rock

I think you should get the BD version without a doubt. It comes with the extra accessories you mentioned (believe the Alien skull is amazing).The green blood doesn't stand out as much either. But if the blood -really- bothers you could buy the regular version and the extra bits that come with BD off eBay or here. The head with the changing mandibles would be expensive though.

I had the same problem - which version to get? I chose the BD and am more than happy with it.

Here's a review of the BD: https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_020808b.htm

Bear in mind that when people take photos with the FLASH the blood really does stand out more in the pictures than without it.

Last edited:
Definitely get the BD. It comes with all the accessories the regular had PLUS opening medi-kit, inhaler, alien skull, cut off arm and head with additional set of mandibles.

The green blood is NOT as apparent as many people think, trust me.

Might as well get the Exclussive BD, you also get an extra Broken Bio which looks cool...

I got the regular version if I knew HT was releasing a BD version I would have waited
for that 1.

I got both. And I love them both. The amount of accessories that comes with the BD version will flip you inside out. So much to play with. But like you, I am not too sold on the bloody body and armor. IF you're looking for the iconic look of good ol' pred 2, I would stick with the original. Overall I'm really torn on it myself which is why I went and got both. Again it's up to what you're looking to do. If you're gonna do a lot of posing with it and play with it, all the accessories are gonna be a ball. IF you wanna just pose it and leave it in a glass case for display, then the iconic no blood original if your best shot. The way I see it, the extra parts can always be bought later on.

At the moment theres a few BD versions on ebay no regulars to compare.
You could be right.
If there's 1 thing you are 100% correct on is that no you can never have enough
preds, but in my case never enough cash.

The blood on the BD version is barely noticable in hand but under certain light (like camera flash) can be obvious. IMO get the BD version as its more available and you get more accessories - honestly you hardly notice the blood at all. This is the only Pred I own (for now!) and I love it.

definitely the bd exclusive. it comes with everything the pred 2 comes with plus an extra bd head and helm. for some odd reason, the original pred 2 sells for more, but if you're looking for the one with the most accessories, bd exclusive.

Hey, get them all man, you can never have 2 many Preds Bro!!!:rock

:lol I wish I could...but I've paid for the P2 Pred Elder, Wolf pred, and soon the P2 Pred this month alone - it's been kind of expensive! Thank god for selling old stuff on eBay!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the input! The big thing for me is the great look of the P2 pred. I had a poster when this came out way back in high school detailing all his gear and always loved the designs. At this time, I think I'm going to go for the BD version and just repaint him if I'm really not happy with the green paint.

Too bad HT didn't go with just the optional severed arm instead of all the rest of the green blood on the figure...the decision would have been MUCH easier!

seems like you have made your decision...there will never be any room in MY clan for a 'damaged' predator that has just has his ass handed to him!:D

i love the original version, i just wish it also came with the alien skull and screaming mandibles. now that i'm getting the whole thing repainted, i wish i got the BD one, because i would have had all the blood painted over anyway. i'm with you zoolander, not a big fan of the battle damage.

For the accessories and the open mandibles the BD version wins, since it does have everything that comes with the regular version and more.

There is the blood but as everyone else says its barely noticeable - for me this is a bad point considering its the 'Battle-damaged' edition's raison d'etre. How is a light random smearing of really dull green paint representative of the stark luminous goo that peppered the predators body and coated the severed arm stump in the film? Poorly done IMO, even McFarlane did a better job in the 7" figure. Still, I'd take Hot toys more accurate sculpt and excellent dreadlocks over McFarlanes accurate predator blood.

If you're a predator buff get both if you can. If not then get the battle damaged - more display options.

Got one! :rock

OK, I flipped at the last moment and got the regular version :p I still would like the BD version, and might pick one up when I can in the future, jsut for the medi-kit and open mandible head if nothing else. I managed to find a regular one with a decent BIN price here...I'm guessing it was since "Hot Toys" was not listed in the title. Most of the other BIN Pred 2 regular version auctions have a lot of rediculous prices.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350078467054&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

There's another one if anyone needs one. It was $192 shipped.

By the way, if anyone hears about the strange death of a toy collector in Tennessee by his wife later this week or next week, well...you know what happened.

Back