Jabba set.. Sideshow or Gentle Giant?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Both seems to be great but wich one deserve to be buy? :)

Sideshow bigger?

any opinion will be appreciate

thanks

Luc

Gentle Giants set is magnificent!
Best statue 2007.
Perfect sculpt and perfect paint.

Hmm..
well the sideshow one actually looks like jabba the hutt sitting on his dais.

The Sideshow one is the Jabba from ROTJ. The GG one is an interpretation. I choose SS.

[/QUOTE]

Sideshow all the way!
2663678023_27e9f29759_o.jpg

BTW...beautiful disply, Cocoboloboy.

I love how you've got it displayed Cocoboloboy- and that you're using the same wookie:chew:D:chew

With the Sideshow set, you get Jabba looking EXACTLY like he did in ROTJ, a really great display piece, and an awesome collectible. It's only downside is, there are fairly less characters to add to him.

With Gentle Giant, you get a decent looking Jabba, but it looks fairly off from ROTJ. On the plus side, it's smaller, there's a Max Rebo band counterpiece, also a newly made Slave Leia made to go with it as well and a Bib Fortuna.

GG offers a more encompassing scene, Sideshow offers you a more accurrate appearing scene.

If you have the space, since they're roughly the same money, I'd say you're best getting the Sideshow set.

Yeah, SS by a mile. GG piece the arms are too skinny and the GG piece hardly looks like Jabba from the movie. Actually the GG Jabba looks more like the Jabba from the new CW.

Do you want dolls or a statue? They're completely different mediums. I would choose GG.

SSC all the way baby!! SSC's Jabba is more accurate (paint/sculpt wise) and you can build upon the display itself! It's worth every penny. GG's is nice but I think all of the pieces together look kind of wonky, I think the Rebo Band (jizz wailers wosrt name ever) is slightly out of scale.

SIDESHOW, hands-down one of the best SW collectibles ever made.

And it can be acquired rather cheaply now.

:lecture

Back