Ada Chan Nathan Fillion Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got an email on this on the weekend. Not really feeling the likeness but I thought I'd let you know if you wanted one. Won't post the pics here but sign up to her list and you can see it.

Nathan_Fillion.jpg

I think the irises are carved in the wrong position and his left one should be farther right (uh, his left -- toward the outside). Easy fix with putty and a brush before painting.

She's on eBay as WantedYou, and after you buy something she adds you to her newsletter.

I'm with BuffyGirl, if someone did a reveal of this head and asked me to guess who it was, Bill Pullman would be on that list, and Nathan Fillion not at all. :confused: The jowls are too pronounced for one, and the head seems too... long, maybe?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good likeness of SOMEbody... just not Nathan Fillion... And I do like lots of Ada's other sculpts, and have in fact bought several from the commissions organized on the Freaks board, so I have no bias against her talents as such. :peace

There's only a very little of Nathan in that sculpt... maybe a REALLY good paint app might help... :eek:

Ah, see, that's most likely my problem, it's past my bedtime and everything I stare at for too long goes all blurry... :lol I WOULD like to see this painted, perhaps I would change my mind on the likeness... :monkey1

It's interesting the different things people see in sculpts. I would never have guessed Nathan Fillion on this one, yet others see him right away. :lol On the other hand, I've seen sculpts that I pegged immediately and others said they didn't see it. For example, when I saw the new Bruce Lee PF, I had no problems seeing him, thought it was a great sculpt. Almost everyone else in the thread disagreed vehemently! I kept thinking, "What are they seeing that I'm not?" I don't think it's a perfect sculpt, but I liked it! Anyway, my guess is that paint apps would really make Nathan appear in this sculpt much better to these old eyes than the unpainted head does. If anyone is getting this, be sure and post pics! :peace

Its passable, but not worth the trouble... especially as last I heard Trevor was working on one. Also, I think Spensers turned out better as well, although never heard back when he would make his available.

Its passable, but not worth the trouble... especially as last I heard Trevor was working on one. Also, I think Spensers turned out better as well, although never heard back when he would make his available.

Spenser's is very good, Reggie over at the OSW had a decent enough one [and he made Jayne too], Trevor's should be worth grabbing and I'll probably wind up with Ada's as well. One of them WILL be Caleb.

I definitely see Nathan when I look at it - but an older Nathan. But after people mentioned the likeness to Bill P I can see a bit of the resemblance. They do kind of resemble each other a little bit. I'd love to see this finished and some side views of it too!

Spenser's is very good, Reggie over at the OSW had a decent enough one [and he made Jayne too], Trevor's should be worth grabbing and I'll probably wind up with Ada's as well. One of them WILL be Caleb.

Spencer's is the best so far. Well I've only seen his so whatever. :) But this one to me is a great sculpt, just not of Nathan. I don't know who trevor is or what he does but YAY? Maybe someone can show me some of his work.....

Spencer's is the best so far. Well I've only seen his so whatever. :) But this one to me is a great sculpt, just not of Nathan. I don't know who trevor is or what he does but YAY? Maybe someone can show me some of his work.....
who's trevor?:confused:
never heard of him.:lol
2114ObiWanClose.jpg

sideshow_anakin-01.jpg

sideshow_12inch.jpg

Last edited:
Oh well holy SH... you get me. I didn't realize. Thanks for that! Wow, Trevor, bring me a damn Malcom!

Back