Captain America PF statue problem!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattleRat

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey people,

anyone here owns a Cap statue with brown/yellowish stains appearing at the white fabric part? Mine has some slight stains at the arms and stomach area.

Not sure if this problem will worsen over time, but is there a solution to wipe away the stains?

Here are some quick shots taken from my hp:

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

Last edited:
Mine doesn't have this problem, did you buy it this way or did this occur over time?

It wasn't like this when I first displayed it since July last year...but I juz gave my piece a thorough look and those stains look pretty obvious.

Of coz, from far, it looks alright...but if you at it nearer, the stains are very disturbing..

pics uploaded!

brown and yellow at the shorts? Hope you're not kidding by saying those are Cap's pee and ^^^^ :p

Someone opened a coke can near him!

"When today's Superhero is on the go... stains happen"

Someone opened a coke can near him!

"When today's Superhero is on the go... stains happen"

Haha...and if I find out who did that, I would smack the hell out of that person and make sure he hates coke for the rest of his life!!!:monkey5

Mine has that, too and also in the same areas. After looking into it myself, I've come to the conclusion that it's actually remnants of the glue that was used to affix the cloth to the statue. While it wasn't apparent at first, over time the glue either reacts or cures more, thus causing the yellowing ( in other words, it was always there, you just couldn't see it yet). Lots of glues do this, and yellow over time. I wouldn't think it would get much worse. I wouldn't worry about it...as Tyler Durden would say "Even the Mona Lisa is falling apart".

Ouch is right.. especially if it starts showing out all over the place!

I'd only worry about those who wear white!

Mine has that, too and also in the same areas. After looking into it myself, I've come to the conclusion that it's actually remnants of the glue that was used to affix the cloth to the statue. While it wasn't apparent at first, over time the glue either reacts or cures more, thus causing the yellowing ( in other words, it was always there, you just couldn't see it yet). Lots of glues do this, and yellow over time. I wouldn't think it would get much worse. I wouldn't worry about it...as Tyler Durden would say "Even the Mona Lisa is falling apart".

makes sense ..... :monkey1

Damn, I would consider this a defect, this is something that should happen maybe 20yrs + after the initial release not right away, I hope it’s not the glue , cause that would suck :monkey2

Mine hasn't done this yet Thank God but the standard shield did get a knick about the size of his curve in this thigh in the bottom of it because it rest there....that pissed me off for a long time....

Back