NEW YORK COMIC CON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endless1

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Is Sideshow going to be at the New York Comic Con or is that beneath them?:emperor

My friend went last year, and although Sideshow wasn't there, they had another company (I forget who) giving out Sideshow Gift Cards. He managed to score one for me and it was worth $75!!!:chew

What do you guys think of this comic con? I'm going to New York for a week on April 21st but I can still change my plane tickets. Is the NYCC worth it?

I might be there. I'll be in Manhattan apr 16 to may. anyone have a website for more info on this?

Beneath them? :rotfl

Outside of NY does anyone really know about this event?

Actually it's gotten to be quite a big event. It doesn't rival SDCC, yet, but it is growing. I've met a lot of out of town people the last 2 years, mostly from the south, and Midwest. It's a lot of fun, and I would recommend it to anyone who was thinking of going.:D
Website is: www.nycomiccon.com

Last edited:
thanks for the link mobeil!

Looks like it wont be a very far travel at all from my apartment. very cool news.

Actually it's gotten to be quite a big event. It doesn't rival SDCC, yet, but it is growing. I've met a lot of out of town people the last 2 years, mostly from the south, and Midwest. It's a lot of fun, and I would recommend it to anyone who was thinking of going.:D
Website is: www.nycomiccon.com

No, I'm sure it is a lot of fun. I wasn't sayint it wasn't at all. Just kind of maybe the reason SS doesn't go is the disatance and its not quite big enough "yet".

It sure is great Josh, and I find that there is greater access to the artists and creators in NY than in SD. I've experienced both, and have met and spoken to a lot of pros at the NYCC. At SDCC, it is almost impossible due to the number of people. I wish Sideshow would go, last year they were at the toyfair, which was the week before the NYCC, so I understood why they weren't there. But man, I wish they would attend! Plus The Javits Center is kinda small compared to San Diego Convention Center, so if this thing gets any bigger, they are going to need a bigger space for it. Maybe SS doesn't go because of that, as their booth is usually one of the bigger ones at the Cons. Do they go to any other con besides San Diego?

It sure is great Josh, and I find that there is greater access to the artists and creators in NY than in SD. I've experienced both, and have met and spoken to a lot of pros at the NYCC. At SDCC, it is almost impossible due to the number of people. I wish Sideshow would go, last year they were at the toyfair, which was the week before the NYCC, so I understood why they weren't there. But man, I wish they would attend! Plus The Javits Center is kinda small compared to San Diego Convention Center, so if this thing gets any bigger, they are going to need a bigger space for it. Maybe SS doesn't go because of that, as their booth is usually one of the bigger ones at the Cons. Do they go to any other con besides San Diego?

I've been to SDCC 3 times now and this will be my fourth. I've not had a problem getting back to the artist area mainly cause there isn't nearly as many people back there as there is around the SS, GG, Hasbro booths. I would like to maybe get out there to this someday as I'd l ike to visit NY just once. As far as other shows they go to? Other than say a Celebration Event or ORC Event I don't think so.

so what's going to be the headliners for nycc?

Back