Sideshow Stormtroopers for Black and White Friday?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Something SILVER for Black and White Friday!

They said in the newsletter there would be at least 1 Star Wars item up for order next week. Stormtroopers fit the bill perfectly being black AND white. Any thoughts on this? 1:6 or PF is the big question.

Last edited:
probobly getting a ppo on the grevious bust. might be all infact. BUT stormies are a possibility. it would make them a 2008 release. If it was me, stormies would be the first armored guys i'd release. Could be a biker scout, less armor. Could be more imperial officers. No mateer what though, I'm not holding my breath. We'll get what we get, and be Thankfull for it....... and the leftover turkey :)

PFs maybe but I think 1/6 Stormies are a little too ambitious for B/W Friday...call it a hunch.

Theres also a "shade of grey" which suggests to me

Tarkin

for a couple of reasons

1 He is grey
2 With Praji just gone its not a stretch to change the colour and swap the head

Some time ago SSC did mentioned about troops building in 2008, Stormtroopers announcement now seems timely.

Last edited:
If Sideshow releases the Stormtrooper in 1/6, I would be extremely, but pleasantly, surprised. It took them a couple years to work the details of the smaller bodied figures...I would expect the same from them on their armored figures.

I think they will milk the Imperial Officer line for a couple more figures (Tarkin, and others in the Imperial Briefing Room...or officers from ESB, ROTJ, etc.).

About the only thing that could be stormtrooper related would be perhaps a PF or even a Diorama with Stormies...but we already have the Droids Diorama!

Who knows...just hope it is something awesome!!

Geb

Let me summarize how this thread will go.

1. People will state the plain fact that Stormtroopers and Vader are a long way off and they will get much fan fare.
2. People will then freak out saying that it MUST be a Stormtrooper because its "Black and White" completely ignoring the fact that this day/event is not a new thing.
3. Someone will come in and state that you can just get a Medicom Stormtrooper.
4. Someone will argue that the Medicom figure is too short.
5. 200 posts will follow arguing about Medicom vs SSC.
6. Argument will finish after a Mod shows up.
7. People will again state it MUST be a Stormtrooper because its "Black and White" completely ignoring the fact that this is not a new thing.
8. Black and White Friday will come and IF there is a Star Wars announcement it will be for the obvious bust of Grievous.
9. *****ing will commence that lasts weeks about the bust because of price/sculpt/paint
10. Marvel people will come in and make fun of Star Wars fans.
11. The bust will sell out quickly.
12. Everyone will cry.
13. Marvel people will laugh.
14. Thread dies.

Vader or Troopers will be announced at a major event like SDCC. We might have a shot at Toyfair just because they had said something about no big items this year so people can save for Army building. That could mean they will have an open ended edition size that collectors can buy all year long.

I have to say that I liked Shropt's glance into the future...

Any new pre-order is fine with me, and if it happens to be OT, then consider that double-fine. My first thought with the black and white comment was Stormtroopers, but I still have reservations given the hype surrounding the "Vader" hints. Just my initial gut reaction though, was "Cool, Stormies!"

2008 will be the year of the army builder.

Please don't get your hopes up for a Stormtrooper next week, and then we can avoid the inevitable backlash when they fail to provide the hot character theat they never promised in the first place, lol.

2008 will be the year of the army builder.

Please don't get your hopes up for a Stormtrooper next week, and then we can avoid the inevitable backlash when they fail to provide the hot character theat they never promised in the first place, lol.

You should know by now that we can't avoid the inevitable. :lol

I am pretty sure the shades of grey refers to either the Hulk Legendary bust or an SSE Monster.

Don't look at me. I won't be crying FIRE!!!! this time around.

I seriously doubt it'll be anything more than the Grievous 1:1 bust and maybe a dio.

You should know by now that we can't avoid the inevitable. :lol

IT IS INEVITABLE:
TEAM%20AMERICA%20KJI.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Back