10th Anniversary (DVD) release of FOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Maybe it is too early to say this yet ... but I wonder what extras do you guys wish to have in this release if it ever happens, I will start will mine..

First, it will either be HD-DVD or a Blu-Ray.

It will be re-edit to bring it to Full-HD 5.1 quality... imagine how the prologue scene will look/sound like on a 42" LCD TV!! Phew!!

Featurettes including including short interviews from the main cast and hopefully it will be a special tie-in with weta to bring us the long-forgotten hobbiton Mill environment!!

C'mon! Keep your dreams alive!

id like the deleted lothlorien chase scene and the moria graveyard scenes added.

id also like a nice deluxe box, but id rather have a 10th anniversary trilogy boxset.

id like the deleted lothlorien chase scene and the moria graveyard scenes added.

id also like a nice deluxe box, but id rather have a 10th anniversary trilogy boxset.

In that case, it will probably be 2013 after the complete trilogy has released... that is quite a long time from now.... maybe blue-ray will be old technology by then...

Who knows? We can watch it as a virtual reality.. where YOU are part of the set.... that will be so cool!

id be happy with a standard dvd, i have an upscaling dvd player and the quality really isnt that much better than HD,
hopefully one day the blu ray hd battle is over...

or there will be one player which carries them both...

WOW to early to tell, i thought the extended editions had more than enough.

(but i would welcome more):cool:

the extended editions gave more than i ever wanted for these releases. i cant see how you could ever top them. but where is that deleted scene of when aragorn and arwen first met that peter was talking about in the special features? he kept saying it will be in the next movie. then the next movie arrived and he said it will be in the next one. then the whole trilogy is complete and its still missing. you can see part of it in one of the trailers. aragorn is clean shaven and everything.

Yeah, I wanna see some of the other deleted scenes put in. Or atleast as extras.

Did they ever film the Barrow Wights section?

Is there a comprehensive list of what was filmed but not included in the EE?

If you talking about the deleted scenes, I heard that the UNEDITED version of the film is somewhat like close to 6 hrs....

I remember Peter film the part Aragorn battling Suaron... but the whole concept was discarded later..:D

the extended editions gave more than i ever wanted for these releases.

I agree with that.. I don't think I will need to pick up another version. Lucas all ready got me so many times for SW I don't need to get bent over for Peter Jackson as well. :D

im a fanatic and ive never heard of the scene when aragorn and arwen meet....

can anyone shed any light?

some scenes that werent included in the films

FOTR
lothlorien chase
Moria Graveyard

TTT
slime balrog (half filmed then canned basically they filmed gandalfs bits but didnt animate the balrog)
eowyn fighting at helms deep

ROTK
scouring of the shire
easterlings fighting

theres probably loads more we'll never see

they filmed more dead marshes scene and i dont think anything barrow wight was ever filmed,

i would like a completed film with everything in it like the book has, but i doubt it will be as easy to watch as the others,

but its a must for hardcore fans.

you can see the scene for a split second in the easter egg trailer that is on disc 2 of fellowship extended edition. i cant remember where i heard about it but im almost positive it is during one of peter's film commentaries on either FOTR or TTT extended version. sorry i cant be of more help.

no problem, i'll do some research, it's nice to know that we will always be able to look forward to a new LOTR experience,

the money issue is not so nice when we have to keep rebuying dvds....

some scenes that werent included in the films

FOTR
lothlorien chase
Moria Graveyard

TTT
slime balrog (half filmed then canned basically they filmed gandalfs bits but didnt animate the balrog)
eowyn fighting at helms deep

ROTK
scouring of the shire
easterlings fighting

theres probably loads more we'll never see

they filmed more dead marshes scene and i dont think anything barrow wight was ever filmed,

i would like a completed film with everything in it like the book has, but i doubt it will be as easy to watch as the others,

but its a must for hardcore fans.

Though missing the Scouring was never filmed

This is the Arwen/Aragorn scene
https://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/html/episodes/images/unused/unuse06.htm

There were also

More scenes in Bree.

Elven maids running though Lorien

Elrond and Arwen in Lothlorien

Arwen at Helms Deep

Arwen in Rivendell

Eomer riding though a forest.

See here for more.
https://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/html/episodes/indices/unused/thumb01.htm

Some scenes such as Arwen at Helms Deep or Aragorn fighting Sauron can not be put into the films without radically changing them but I'm sure a lot of the unused footage could still be added in easily enough.

excellent thanks for that!!!

the scouring was filmed but not in the same context as the books, they used clips of it in galadriels mirror but there was much more filmed, in the London LOTR exhibition they had lots of photos on set next the hobbiton mill minature.

excellent link, thanks!

excellent thanks for that!!!

the scouring was filmed but not in the same context as the books, they used clips of it in galadriels mirror but there was much more filmed, in the London LOTR exhibition they had lots of photos on set next the hobbiton mill minature.

excellent link, thanks!

That's not "The Scouring" though just the film version of Sams vision of what happened to the Shire

"The Scouring" Defn ( to clear (a region) of enemies or outlaws) is the Hobbits returning and dealing with the Ruffians and Saruman which was never filmed.

Well as far as I am concerned, any scene with Arwen put on the cutting room floor can stay there. :lol

Back