1/6 Captain Marvel with Short Hair and Alternate Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega9300

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys

Although I am personally patiently awaiting the arrival of my Hot Toys Captain Marvel figure, I have made this thread for some of you who may be interested in a version of Captain Marvel in a more recent costume than that used on the Hot Toys release.

I just saw this figure while looking around on the Monkey Depot site a few minutes ago.

Here is a link: https://www.monkeydepot.com/ACPlay_Universe_Superhuman_AP_ATX051_p/acp0036.htm

Attachments

• A7EA87C1-C34F-4082-9569-09FBA2857D0E.jpeg
    A7EA87C1-C34F-4082-9569-09FBA2857D0E.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 851
  • E715B2A6-3EAD-48B5-B615-AE61E379507E.jpeg
    E715B2A6-3EAD-48B5-B615-AE61E379507E.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 843
Although, I didnt preorder a Captain Marvel, I do really like this version. I may wait till they do the next one before buying. Same as I did with WW

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah awf1031 this version does look nice.
I preordered the Hot Toys version (non Deluxe) largely because I like that costume a lot. It reminds me of Captain Mar Vell’s costume from the 1970’s/80’s comics, he was one of my favorites so that preorder was a must for me.

That said I know that a lot of people prefer this costume

Whatever happened to this version? I saw some in-hand pics pop up at the end of last year — and then complete silence.

Whatever happened to this version? I saw some in-hand pics pop up at the end of last year — and then complete silence.

Yeah I haven’t seen anything on this lately either.

But I just took a look and saw that it is said to be “in stock” at several retailers including Timewalker, Monkey Depot, and Giantoy (among others).

Here is a link to a review for those potentially interested:

https://youtu.be/l-NfV3cB1zY

Yeah I haven?t seen anything on this lately either.

But I just took a look and saw that it is said to be ?in stock? at several retailers including Timewalker, Monkey Depot, and Giantoy (among others).

Here is a link to a review for those potentially interested:

https://youtu.be/l-NfV3cB1zY

I was a bit skeptical from the promo photos, but it looks great in that video! I may try to nab one later on, there doesn't seem to be many comic based CM action figures. I think it'll look well juxtaposed with the HT 1/6 movie figure too.

I've decided to get one sooner, from Ekia Hobbies (from the recommendation of some fellow members here). Should be incoming soon :panic:

I've decided to get one sooner, from Ekia Hobbies (from the recommendation of some fellow members here). Should be incoming soon :panic:

Cool, I really hope you like it when it arrives.
I’m looking forward to seeing it!

I don’t have any experience owning any figures besides those by Hot Toys so I am curious as to how AC Play and other companies compare as far as quality and details are concerned. That said Hot Toys certainly isn’t perfect but they seem to consistently do really good job. Based on what I have seen in pictures on the forum, it seems like the other companies have stepped up their games as well.

Cool, I really hope you like it when it arrives.
I?m looking forward to seeing it!

I don?t have any experience owning any figures besides those by Hot Toys so I am curious as to how AC Play and other companies compare as far as quality and details are concerned. That said Hot Toys certainly isn?t perfect but they seem to consistently do really good job. Based on what I have seen in pictures on the forum, it seems like the other companies have stepped up their games as well.

Just received it today! I'll unbox it tomorrow and try to post some quick pics when I have a bit more time lol

Yes I'd say other companies are doing a good job pumping out good quality figures, for instance I think the eleven Logan head sculpts come close to HT level of detail, and man I think if they become licensed they'd challenge HT IMO. However this is my first figure from AC Play, so I'm looking forward to how it is in hand!

Just received it today! I'll unbox it tomorrow and try to post some quick pics when I have a bit more time lol

Yes I'd say other companies are doing a good job pumping out good quality figures, for instance I think the eleven Logan head sculpts are come close to HT level of detail, and man I think if they become licensed they'd challenge HT IMO. However this is my first figure from AC Play, so I'm looking forward to how it is in hand!

Wow that was fast! Really hope you like this figure, I’m looking forward to your pics!

Yes, it would be good for collectors in general if all the companies are able to raise their quality levels while remaining at price points they are comfortable with.

Wow that was fast! Really hope you like this figure, I?m looking forward to your pics!

Yes, it would be good for collectors in general if all the companies are able to raise their quality levels while remaining at price points they are comfortable with.

I do indeed like the figure and definitely am impressed! I'm also reallyyy happy to have a comic-based representation of Captain Marvel, in 1/6 too!

AC Play did a good job on the figure. It feels of good quality, and the head sculpts are nice and are fitting to the motif of the figure. The figure feels sturdy and the blue portion of the outfit is made of fabric so one needn't worry about leaving it posed up too long. Sculpt and paint are nice but of course not as meticulous as HT. The unmasked sculpt is fantastic, it looks like a Captain Marvel to me (though I prefer CM with her longer hair). Accessories are a bit limited but I cannot complain too much.

Z9KiFzD.jpg

YKRqM32.jpg

hm3cgfl.jpg

fw96bNc.jpg

1sLKQ04.jpg

DTUkwTi.jpg

CXbG9n2.jpg

PTVP4bJ.jpg

Congrats again Jurdo, I am glad you like her.

I also think this figure looks pretty good (even better than in the pics on the website).

Thanks for sharing the photos. Hopefully some other folks will see your pics and realize that they can get a version of Captain Marvel in this costume.

Congrats again Jurdo, I am glad you like her.

I also think this figure looks pretty good (even better than in the pics on the website).

Thanks for sharing the photos. Hopefully some other folks will see your pics and realize that they can get a version of Captain Marvel in this costume.

Thanks and welcome! She's a great figure to behold for Captain Marvel fans :)

Comic & film.

ghJu6IM.jpg

TLrokdd.jpg

QIbBTrU.jpg

1PVSnja.jpg

These side by side photos are a really good idea Zurdo! The comic version looks really cool even better than I expected, I am so glad that you are happy with it!

Looks like my Hot Toys Captain Marvel May ship next month so I am very excited about that!

What do you think of the new Endgame version?

These side by side photos are a really good idea Zurdo! The comic version looks really cool even better than I expected, I am so glad that you are happy with it!

Looks like my Hot Toys Captain Marvel May ship next month so I am very excited about that!

What do you think of the new Endgame version?

Indeed! :wave It's awesome to have both comic and film renditions in the collection :dance

Yeah I do hope CM gets a widespread release soon!!!!

AAHHHHHHHHH I'm so excited HT announced the EG version!!!!! :thud: :panic:
From the promo pictures it looks to be stellar too! I find the character personally endearing so I'm all in for all the different suits! :)

Yeah Hot Toys looks like they have done a tremendous job on the Endgame version, that headsculpt is amazing. Also I really like that costume because it mirrors the costume Mar Vell wore in the comics and he was one of my favorites when I was a kid back in the 70s-80s. I would pre-order that version but I have a one figure per character rule I am trying very hard to keep ...Hot Toys is making that rule hard to follow

Yeah Hot Toys looks like they have done a tremendous job on the Endgame version, that headsculpt is amazing. Also I really like that costume because it mirrors the costume Mar Vell wore in the comics and he was one of my favorites when I was a kid back in the 70s-80s. I would pre-order that version but I have a one figure per character rule I am trying very hard to keep ...Hot Toys is making that rule hard to follow

Agreed! Yeah I think her suit in EG is a homage to Mar-Vell. Good rule to go by, but yes HT does indeed make it difficult with all these awesome character variants!

Back