Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Re: Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 Legacy Replica - Avengers End Game

I just went on my account and postponed my last payment to April. I just can't afford this now as I've shelled out for prime 1 alita and also getting a house. He will be a great moving in present hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
    I just went on my account and postponed my last payment to April. I just can't afford this now as I've shelled out for prime 1 alita and also getting a house. He will be a great moving in present hopefully!
    Haven't postponed Cap but have others. Helps with the *strain* sometimes if u need a breather. I just think of it as having something to look forward to.

And - it is so cold in U.S. right now, not fond of super-chilled poly being shipped and/or left at the door - I've let stuff sit for a day to warm to room temp before opening just in case of brittleness from getting too cold. I don't know but figure better safe than sorry.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    Haven't postponed Cap but have others. Helps with the *strain* sometimes if u need a breather. I just think of it as having something to look forward to.

And - it is so cold in U.S. right now, not fond of super-chilled poly being shipped and/or left at the door - I've let stuff sit for a day to warm to room temp before opening just in case of brittleness from getting too cold. I don't know but figure better safe than sorry.
    That's not bad advice, I broke the collar on prime 1 wonder woman when putting her head on as I wasn't being careful

Quote Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
    That's not bad advice, I broke the collar on prime 1 wonder woman when putting her head on as I wasn't being careful
    Yeah, that is a pretty good idea here in the frigid midwest. I typically have my stuff held at a UPS store so it's inside for several hours before I get it. I'd have a hard time letting this 1/4 scale Cap sit for a day before opening it!

Quote Originally Posted by darth dennis View Post
    Yeah, that is a pretty good idea here in the frigid midwest. I typically have my stuff held at a UPS store so it's inside for several hours before I get it. I'd have a hard time letting this 1/4 scale Cap sit for a day before opening it!
    I don’t know how people do it. I nearly always open my box of collectables the day I get it home, if not the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
    I don’t know how people do it. I nearly always open my box of collectables the day I get it home, if not the minute.
    Yeah. It’s the reason I even buy stuff from Sideshow. I’ll pay their ridiculous shipping rate just to get it a couple weeks earlier than other retailers. Time is money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycepticon View Post
    Yeah. It’s the reason I even buy stuff from Sideshow. I’ll pay their ridiculous shipping rate just to get it a couple weeks earlier than other retailers. Time is money.
    Well I’m sort of in a different situation. I’ve usually waited months after those in the US for my local supplier here in Australia to get the piece in, as it would cost me 40-70% more to import the piece in from Sideshow. So there’s no way I’m going to wait even a second longer after that, but then again I’m the same for those few exclusives that I import.

I received statues in cold weather and never go through all that. I immediately open them with zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
    I do if the box isn't freezing cold. If it's real bad I even let HTs warm up to room temp. I figure poly is a mix of binder and stone or other - LOL while waiting feed pets etc, get comfortable for the REVEAL of newest piece.

I do if the box isn't freezing cold. If it's real bad I even let HTs warm up to room temp. I figure poly is a mix of binder and stone or other - LOL while waiting feed pets etc, get comfortable for the REVEAL of newest piece.
    Yeah freezing cold doesn't really apply to me. I've seen snow maybe 4 times in my life as I've lived in the same city my whole life, and it's anything but cold.