Jordan Peele’s Us

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn’t find a thread for this.

Saw it last night, 8/10. A wild ride, an amazing set up. The whole thing is entertaining throughout and there are some great suspenseful set pieces. The first two thirds lead up to a great if not one of the best horror movies. Unfortunately by the end Peele shows us he is still new in the writing game by giving away toooooo much and at the same time not giving away enough. So it doesn’t really all add up as one cohesive roller coaster ride by the end. The twists and turns don’t exactly land the punch they think they do. But on the surface level it is constantly bizarre, suspenseful, and even funny. I will need to see it again but the long exposition towards the end nearly kills any mystery. Funny enough this movie had the same exact problems as GET OUT (these twists have been done a thousand times ! Let us guess, we don’t need a million sawesque flashbacks at the end) but proved to be minute by minute waaaayyyy more exciting.

I Apologize if there is already a thread

The trailer creeped me out. I will be seeing this on Saturday

It’s a great time , try to see it with a crowd.

You’ve gotta be kidding. This movie was awful.

The whole middle hour of the movie was like 2 scenes streeeeeeeeeeetched out way too long.

Definitely long and dense. Pretty tiring experience, but no for sure not awful. It’s getting great reviews

Saw this last night and am still thinking about it. Enjoyed the twisty ride :)

No they are different. I saw the movie. Saw the twist coming . Especially during little moments sprinkled in. I just knew early on

Can someone pitch the set-up?

The set up? Well it’s basically a family goes to a summer house but is attacked by people who look like them. It was crazy tbh. It wasn’t scary but it had creepy atmosphere and sounds

I couldn't stand any of the characters and for that reason I absolutely hated the movie. The dad especially was an absolute wet blanket. Saw the 'Twist' coming a mile off. Was very excited to see it as I loved 'Get Out'. Dull, unfunny and predictable nonsense.

This movie is terrible don't understand anyone who thinks it's remotely scary or even creepy I found the whole film boring and a real chore to even sit through
....almost walked out to go watch captain marvel and saw the twist coming from the very start

This movie is terrible don't understand anyone who thinks it's remotely scary or even creepy I found the whole film boring and a real chore to even sit through
....almost walked out to go watch captain marvel and saw the twist coming from the very start

:exactly:

Lupita Nyong'o what a waste of Talent in this.And she was the best thing in it.

:exactly:

Lupita Nyong'o what a waste of Talent in this.And she was the best thing in it.

For sure she was the best part....I just don't get the hype this movie is getting when i first started seeing the tv spots they really creeped me out and for the first time in a long time i thought i was going to see a modern horror movie that was going to be scary or atleast pretty twisted ...I kept looking at the time to see how much longer I had to sit there I couldn't wait for it to end

I enjoyed the movie.
I thought the acting was pretty good.

I did see the twist coming a mile away.
In fact, I told my fiancée, not even halfway through the movie, while we're watching the movie...I'm gonna text you the twist. Let's see if it's right at the end.

So at the end of the movie, I said told ya. Lol

Back