Hasbro 30AC Vintage Figures Out Now!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey gang, I know a lot of you aren't following Hasbro anymore but word seems that many are into the Vintage figures still, so I wanted to share that it appears to be out now, I went into my local comic shop today and they had the entire set there, must have been a fresh case, so naturally I bought them all up, I'm working right now though so can't post pics, but I'll share pics and reviews later.

Yeah... I found a set at my local Wal-Mart (well, all except the Snowtrooper... damn army builders!) for $9.88 each on Monday. Then I went to Target and found the Snowtrooper, but they're $11.99 a piece there. :banghead

Oh well, my Vintage collection is now complete (again). These and the McQuarrie figs are the only Hasbro items I care about now.

Yeah I got these at CIV a fresh sealed case:chew

mfoga said:
Yeah I got these at CIV a fresh sealed case:chew

Yeah, and the prices were great there, too. $60 for a complete set of 6 if I'm not mistaken.

I just decided to wait because I had enough stuff to ship back home as it was. :google

yah i broke down and picked up ig-88 and bossk both of which are really cool (ig-88 especially).

Yeah, they've been showing up in my area for about a month or so now. But they're really hitting consistently within the last week. I already bought and reviewed my Snowtrooper...the only one I was interested in getting.

Got my snowtrooper today at lunch and should have the rest friday. Also, Sith Lord, thats when your check will be going out :lol

Memnoch21 said:
Got my snowtrooper today at lunch and should have the rest friday. Also, Sith Lord, thats when your check will be going out :lol

And in the meantime, I've found Chewie two more times, the second being about 1.5 hrs ago!! :lol

I only saw Leia and Bossk on the peg. I didn't buy any because the order 66 figures had my full attention, they were $2.48 each set! :D

I'll grab them when I see them-- but considering that last year's wave (except for the Scout Troopers---and there were a few that I noticed the previous time) are clogging up quite a few pegs at one of the local TRU on clearance for $9 Canadian each... When they go down to $5 I might snag five or so of the Tusken Raiders...

Anyone looking for the previous set Most Wanted Collectibes has them for like $30 something for all 5 sealed with the GL Stormtrooper offer.

I skipped the first two waves, but someone told me that they might recreate the original Kenner line, so I think I may have to pick these up. Thanks for the link to Most Wanted, it's a start. The Bossk figure really blew me away.

I can't believe I might start collectin 3 3/4 inch figures again. Damn the power of the dark side
:emperor

I snagged all six today at my collector-friendly Wal-Mart on the US side. With the price of the Canadian dollar and the absence of all that task it's a good day to be a SW collector :chew

Well I got the last 3 I need thanks to my lovely mum today. Han, IG-88 and Snowtrooper are mine now. I must say Bossk is my favorite because he really is super poseable. Id have to say Han is my least favorite just because I really wanted that extra head and was denied. I may just make one though. Also the restricted leg articulation isn't doing it for me. Rankings are: Bossk, Snowtrooper, Leia, Luke, IG-88 and Han. Now I need to find at least 8 to 10 more Snowtroopers. I have about the same amount of Biker Scouts.. and then I have to hunt down my Stormies. Probably 15 of those will do. Man do I love these vintage figures, but with the quality jumping leaps and bounds in the standard line I fear this may be our last Vintage line.

Memnoch21 said:
Well I got the last 3 I need thanks to my lovely mum today. Han, IG-88 and Snowtrooper are mine now. I must say Bossk is my favorite because he really is super poseable. Id have to say Han is my least favorite just because I really wanted that extra head and was denied. I may just make one though. Also the restricted leg articulation isn't doing it for me. Rankings are: Bossk, Snowtrooper, Leia, Luke, IG-88 and Han. Now I need to find at least 8 to 10 more Snowtroopers. I have about the same amount of Biker Scouts.. and then I have to hunt down my Stormies. Probably 15 of those will do. Man do I love these vintage figures, but with the quality jumping leaps and bounds in the standard line I fear this may be our last Vintage line.

I own the entire vintage line (for nostalgic reasons I think they're great). Like you I've got many many of the various stormies (normal, sand, scout) and I'll probably grab some more of the snowtroopers. I'll have to however rank them in a different fashion--

IG-88 (I was blown away by all the little things of this figure as it's never been presented in anyway way other than a stick man)
Bossk (you're right about the posability--- and I had three---well I still do-- of the original one)
Snowtrooper (hate the fact that it's a clone head underneath-- really wish they'd move away from that and change things up)
Luke (head sculpt is pretty atrocious but this was always my favorite Luke so I'm glad I finally have one that's super posable)
Leia (nice accesories and head sculpt but standing her on her own is a biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch)
Han (hate the hood not being able to be pulled up--- helmet is dorky-- this is a figure that could have been the best but instead is th worst of the lot)

I saw these and thought about Luke and the Snowtrooper, but I gotta be done with 3 3/4" except for the McQuarrie stuff, anyone wanna hook me up w/Chewie?

The last 3 times I have gone to my local TRU (over the last 2 weeks or so)they have had ONE figure... thats it.. ONE lone Ben Kenobi in a sea of empty pegs.

Some pics of the new line...

Snowtrooper's out on patrol (forgot to snag a pic and he's posed with the legions...) but here's the two-pack from the comic... Alpha and Obi (the masked Obi is one of the ROTS pilot Obi's...

Cool Pics, Darth Neil...here are a couple of my own:

100_0061.jpg

(pretty badass)

100_0053.jpg

(these two are also pretty badass!)

100_0056.jpg

100_0066.jpg

This is a lineup of my fav 'Vintage' so far.....

100_0043.jpg

Love these Mcfigures!

Back