1/6 Indy TLC Fireplace diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScratchBuilder

Super Freak
Reaction score
The 1/6th movie accurate TLC fireplace diorama is almost ready for casting.
Its been a long time coming but I'm really happy with the result and I've designed this to fit in a Detolf.
As always there will only be 20 of these made so if you are interested please drop me an email @ [email protected]
A little finishing is still needed on the levers, pipe on the left-hand side and a picture on the top arch.
Looking at possibly casting in the next 10days.
Then over to my mate Pete the Paint :yess:

Fireplace 001.jpg

Fireplace 002.jpg

Fireplace 003.jpg

Jas

Nice pics Jas, will look awesome once Pete gets some colour on them. Thanks for sharing, i look foward to more updates in this thread.

More progress on the TLC fireplace dio, added a special little something to the back of the wall.

TLC 01.jpg

And a quick test before setting up for the rubber moulds

TLC 02.jpg

Will be casting these over the weekend and getting them over to Pete for him to work his magic painting wizardry on

Let me know if you're interested as there are only a couple ofpreorders left

Jas

Really pleased with how this build has turned out, again I have studied the movie stills to get as close as I can to movie accurate, that crest was a real challenge.
All ready for casting the first mould, added some primer to pick up and minor defects, which I've sorted before casting.
I also added the secret lever access hole

Fire Place ready to cast.jpg

Jas

I'm happy with the base mold and the detail the rubber has picked up is astonishing and is now ready to start casting.
I've made a few adjustments to the back wall and this is now ready for molding in rubber.

Mold 02.jpg

Got a few minor improvements to make on the snake levers before they are ready for production.

I'm only making a few of these so if you would like one drop me an email guys, as my PM inbox is full again.

Jas

Got the back wall mold made so will order some slow set resin as fast cast goes off before I can finish the pour :slap

Mold 05.jpg

Mold 06.jpg

The silicone molds have picked up incredible detail from the original master.
Will start to cast these when I get some slow set resin, which will also be harder once set.

Lookin good mate! I'm out of space but otherwise i'd be very tempted by your update. Keep up the great work and a finished one is surely going to impress us indy fans

Back